Is there going to be a Water Slide Simulator on QOS ??

Is there going to be a Water Slide Simulator on QOS . :confused::confused:

YES .

Read it in a International Shipping Mag in our Reference Library in Hobart Tas.

Will get an Image next time I am in the Big City .

My initial reaction is that I doubt something so innovative on a new ship build would be revealed by accident via a shipping magazine (I think back to how under wraps the flowrider was on the Freedom), so I have to wonder if they were actually referring to the Flowrider... which IS a water simulator....but a surf simulator and not a slide simulator (an easy thing to confuse).

That said (and my doubts aside), what an awesome thing to have on a ship! I could see that being what's behind Seaplex in the large section of more to come. The only water slide simulator I've seen is by Backyard Waterslide and was built as a prototype and documented by the Discovery Channel a little over a year ago. It's a giant donut sitting vertical that a person gets in and sits on a tube. You ride the light layer of water on the inside of the donut as it spins round and also tips side to side to give you banking action. I haven't seen such a thing put into industry practice, but it would certainly fit with the "innovative" and "cold weather cruising" vibe of the ship.

I have my doubts as to the actuality of this rumor, but it would be really, really cool and truly put the other cruise ship slides to shame.

My initial reaction is that I doubt something so innovative on a new ship build would be revealed by accident via a shipping magazine

It was a water slide simulator. Maybe the magazine employs Journalists who used the time proven techniques of "Pillow Talk" "Alcohol" "Money" etc.

As opposed to that great Aussie Rupert who at Fox etc employs commentators who you would like to be involved in "Pillow Talk" but that would be it . LOL

It was a water slide simulator. Maybe the magazine employs Journalists who used the time proven techniques of "Pillow Talk" "Alcohol" "Money" etc.

As opposed to that great Aussie Rupert who at Fox etc employs commentators who you would like to be involved in "Pillow Talk" but that would be it . LOL

And they showed a picture, too? You mentioned in your original post that you could snap one. That's some amazing pillow talk, LOL :D! It's either that or the article was pre-released :confused: before it should have been :eek: Or, some very unconfirmed speculation on the part of the writer :eek:.

Can you describe the ride? Is it the donut type prototype that was recently documented or something else all together? We want details :D

I found this video of the prototype. Not sure if this is what's being discussed, but it looks like fun!

The link took me to a video of an actual full size water slide :confused:, so I'm not sure what the slide simulator looks like that you came across. Perhaps you can repost?

Here is the company who made the donut water slide simulator and a little behind the make and how it works. I don't know if it's what will possibly be on Qos, but it's cool.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature=related&v=u2vkYBmVCCA

And they showed a picture, too? You mentioned in your original post that you could snap one. That's some amazing pillow talk, LOL :D! It's either that or the article was pre-released :confused: before it should have been :eek: Or, some very unconfirmed speculation on the part of the writer :eek:.

Can you describe the ride? Is it the donut type prototype that was recently documented or something else all together? We want details :D

No image of the ride ,but I will take a photo of the Article

Read up a bit on the Discovery one and it was that size because they used standard water slide

sections to keep the cost down . The original plan/invention drawing it is a lot smaller .

But it has to be that one , as it would fit on the opposite side to the RockWall. I think there has to

be a great future in all simulators .

Now all they need on QOS is get rid of the Kids , have a couple of real Racing Car simulators ,

a Static Flight Simulator , Pole Dancing and Strippers .

I found this video of the prototype. Not sure if this is what's being discussed, but it looks like fun!

I just looked at it, and I think I would have more fun in a bath tube with a rubber duck! If they do put a water slide simulator on Quantum, I hope it's not this one.:)

I just looked at it, and I think I would have more fun in a bath tube with a rubber duck! If they do put a water slide simulator on Quantum, I hope it's not this one.:)

I agree. It doesn't simulate the experience very well.

Lol!! I have to agree with this! :p

And then I suppose they will have a couple of these ?? ;)

Golf Simulator

Adam spoke in video interview back after the reveal that there will be a good simulator on board... So, that one's in the bag :)

It's the slide simulator that has me intrigued. I wish I could read that article that speaks of the simulator :cool:

Adam spoke in video interview back after the reveal that there will be a good simulator on board... So, that one's in the bag :)

It's the slide simulator that has me intrigued. I wish I could read that article that speaks of the simulator :cool:

I just not have had a chance to go into the big city Library and

Scan / Photograph the article .

Sorry, but I don't quite get this. Why not just try and build a real water slide? Considering only one person at a time can do it, it will have very low throughput. Getting in and out of that is going to take a lot longer than it takes people to cycle through the flow-rider.

Unless there is some kind of virtual projection around the 'slide' it really looks like nothing more than a Water Hamster wheel

BTW, are we thinking that the virtual ride will be on the port side of the ship on the opposite side from where the rock wall is located?

Speaking of that spot, I'm seeing this image/rendering of the Quantum for the first time, showing that spot. Looks like a staircase, but again, it's just a rendering. My kids are hoping it's a water slide. :o

QuantumoftheSeasrearshot2_zpsfb851d20.jpg

I think the staircase is to go up to the skydiving area.

The rendered - and I stress rendered - staircase's bottom appears to be at the same level as the Ripcord by iFly Skydiving ride. It's for anyone who blows out the top and needs to get back down to the base. Maybe.

Anyhoo, in this screen capture from the Royal Caribbean iFly video, the rendering shows a white rectangle below the stairs. It's either another 'More To Come' spot :) or a shuffle board :(.

Quantum-of-the-seas-aftridequestion_zps4e858e63.jpg

The rendered - and I stress rendered - staircase's bottom appears to be at the same level as the Ripcord by iFly Skydiving ride. It's for anyone who blows out the top and needs to get back down to the base. Maybe.

Anyhoo, in this screen capture from the Royal Caribbean iFly video, the rendering shows a white rectangle below the stairs. It's either another 'More To Come' spot :) or a shuffle board :(.

If I board this ship next year expecting loads of great new features only to find empty rooms with "More To Come" spelled out on the tiled floors I am going to be angry, lol.

if i board this ship next year expecting loads of great new features only to find empty rooms with "more to come" spelled out on the tiled floors i am going to be angry, lol.

lol!!

If I board this ship next year expecting loads of great new features only to find empty rooms with "More To Come" spelled out on the tiled floors I am going to be angry, lol.

Maybe we should fill in the "More to Comes" with what we want LOL

Archived