Complimentary Holds Question

oyme

My husband and I have sailed Princess 2x before but we have never placed a hold on a cabin until now. After we placed the hold it pretty much instantly was up in our cruise personalizer and they emailed us a booking confirmation as if we already booked, which freaked us out. In reading the fine print it says if we fail to make our deposit by the 22nd it will cancel then there was this line below that "Princess collects deposits and assesses cancellation fees on 3rd and 4th berth passengers." (we do have a 3rd passenger on the hold, our 4 y/o son) This line is also in the email "Refer to the brochure for other terms and conditions, including the cancellation policy." (I don't have brochure...??!)

So I called Princess just now and talked with a rep who assured me if it does cancel out after the 22nd we won't owe any cancellation fees. It still makes me nervous. Have any of you seasoned Princess cruisers had any issues with holds (cancellation fees)?! Like many of you who I imagine have placed holds before we are trying to coordinate between other members of our party before making this official.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

I have used holds a couple of times when my TA was not available. I put a booking on hold and then called my TA the following day so she could complete the booking.

You have nothing to worry about. It's a complementary hold. You need to make up your mind or your cabin will go back into inventory. You are not liable for any cancellation fees at this point in time.

Lew

You have nothing to worry about. It's a complementary hold. You need to make up your mind or your cabin will go back into inventory. You are not liable for any cancellation fees at this point in time.

Lew

Ditto!

Archived