Is the HAL web site virus over??

I just checked the website and was attacked. Norton's warning appeared. Somebody doesn't want us to be looking into cruises with Hal. Too bad, I will cruise with Hal in spite of their efforts. I will find another way to book.

I just checked the website and was attacked. Norton's warning appeared. Somebody doesn't want us to be looking into cruises with Hal. Too bad, I will cruise with Hal in spite of their efforts. I will find another way to book.

That is a rather whacky conspiracy theory. :D

Similar attacks have been noted on various websites.

I spent quite a bit of time all over the HAL site this morning and saw nothing unusual. I double-checked the McAfee safety message -- Mcafee says HAL's site is fine.

I just tried to look up a cruise schedule on the website and I got the warning too.........I am running Avast and Threatfire. A pop-up asks me if I want to run a program.......I don't recognize it so I didn't accept it.

I hope they fix this........it might prevent someone from printing their cruise docs (??? :confused:). Does HAL know about this...does anyone know??

I have McAfee and Constant Guard and both indicate that HAL's site is fine.
I have two computers, one running Windows 7 and one Windows 8. Both have Norton. Only the Win 8 one gives the warning. If I had only the Win 7 computer I could say that Norton says HAL's site is "fine". Certainly there is something on the HAL site that is abnormal, which should be corrected.

I just checked again, this time no warning.
I just checked again and still got it. I also got it using the Chrome browser, which I haven't used in weeks, so it's not a case of needing to clear cache or cookies.

I just notified HAL Ships Services.........Avast keeps telling me that it is blocking a malware/virus program from access to my computer every time I get on the HAL website. They said they didn't know anything about it, but they would contact their IT dept and let them know. Told me I should contact Avast (???) I told them it was not just me, and not just Avast, but Norton and other anti virus programs as well. Told them that I was not the only one they are going to hear from, but probably many others as time goes on. My suspicions are that the website is fine, but something/someone is piggybacking/attaching a malware program to the HAL site, so when you access the HAL site, it tries to gain access also. Obviously, I am no IT person, so I am probably not stating this correctly, but anyway, I let them know that "Houston, we have a problem..........".

Let's see if they do anything about it...........

i just checked the website and was attacked. Norton's warning appeared. Somebody doesn't want us to be looking into cruises with hal. Too bad, i will cruise with hal in spite of their efforts. I will find another way to book.

Funny, ROFL .......... :D

Even if it isn't a harmful virus, Holland ought to at least acknowledge that it exists and tell us they are doing something to fix it. When so many people are reporting it, denial isn't a very good customer service answer.

Even if it isn't a harmful virus, Holland ought to at least acknowledge that it exists and tell us they are doing something to fix it. When so many people are reporting it, denial isn't a very good customer service answer.

I agree they need to look into it promptly.....thank God my cruise is in November and I don't have a pressing need to access the site until I need to print docs/boarding passes, etc. I am also glad I don't need to purchase optional excursions, etc., right now either. I would not get a warm cozy feeling plugging my credit card number into their site right at the moment.....I don't care how much virus protection I have !! :eek:

What details being shown from the various PopUps? I have built up a PC and tried the site with IE and Firefox. I have not seen anything looking as a virus. Some heavy coding by HAL to use call on Java to run for displaying and some bloated javascript design.

I forget what the Avast pop-up warning said, but it was something to the effect of "malware/infected file/site being blocked - and listed a long "URL%23%XXXXXX" (lots of numbers and letters) type of thing. The HAL site was still up, but it was like there was something else piggybacking on the site that was trying to gain access, which was denied. I am not an IT person, so this is the best I can describe it.

What details being shown from the various PopUps? I have built up a PC and tried the site with IE and Firefox. I have not seen anything looking as a virus. Some heavy coding by HAL to use call on Java to run for displaying and some bloated javascript design.

It's the JavaScript police: Too many lines- improper commenting- spaghetti.....

Archived