P & O secrets and top tips

rubydoobydoo

A tip someone told me when you exit a lift you will be facing the rear of the ship, saves you checking which way... Another tip I was given take Dettol wipes, Nova Virus avoidance, wipe down after your cabin steward as his cloth has been used on all the other cabins, I do our door handles as well. We have never had any tummy problems.

A tip someone told me when you exit a lift you will be facing the rear of the ship, saves you checking which way... Another tip I was given take Dettol wipes, Nova Virus avoidance, wipe down after your cabin steward as his cloth has been used on all the other cabins, I do our door handles as well. We have never had any tummy problems.

On the Ventura the lifts, except the atrium, all faced forward.

This used to be the case when they had Oriana and Aurora. The others being built in different yards are different. Arcadia for example face inwards. With only the two middle lifts facing the stern. The four glass lifts of course face inward as well.

Gan Canny

Dai

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I have been looking for a secrets and tips thread but I can't find it, is there one already, if not it might be good to start one

Has anyone got any top tips to share, I know they won't stay secret for long but we won't tell anyone else promise, just things that you you have found out that we wouldn't obviously know about

Janis

Hi here is a good idea. Fed up with asking for extra hangers from your cabin steward. Do what my wife does. When packing, pack all shirts, blouses etc on you own (plastic) hangers. They take up very little space and when transferring from suitcase to wardrobes makes this amazingly an easy job to do. Generally when one asks for extra hangers, all you get are the wire ones.

Hope this is of help, also the extent ion lead is a must.

Dennis.

My DH came up with a good idea today - pack some of those weights you use for the tablecloth on your patio set to hold it down. Ideal for several uses - weighting down the shower curtain to stop it sticking to your body, weighting down the towels on chairs and sunbeds, clipping curtains together, etc, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

On Azura, if you are sunbathing round the two main pools and want a decent-sized free drink of iced water, rather than going to the buffet and getting the small glasses of lukewarm water there or ordering chargeable drinks from the bar, you can go to the bars and ask for a glass of iced water and the barmen will provide it. We only found this out about 2/3 way through our holiday - another service that is available but P&O neglect to tell you.

My secret to share about Azura

If you go to E Deck and walk towards the front of the ship - you come to the end of the corridor theres a door that leads to the bow area of the ship and its open to passengers ( depending on the weather )

Its great as not many people know about it and when you have an inside or outside cabin without a balcony its like a private balcony !!!

They do NOW !

If luggage allowance allows I pack as much as I can on hangers, makes packing and unpacking really quick and forces me to be a bit tidier.

I used to do that, good idea but traveling with Easyjet this time and last year, only 20 kls. ( Princess cruises)

I tissue and ROLL my dresses, and they come out of case fine, I don't mind the wire hangers, as long as I can ask for them early.

What I do is;

Write down what I am wearing on each evening inc underwear, jewelry, shoes etc, that way, I don't forget to pack them. Once, I put on too much weight so on the last evening couldn't wear a lovely dress that I had bought SO now I NUMBER in which order that I am going to be wearing my clothes, a slimmer dress I will wear sooner rather than later ! Sad, isn't I BUT it works !

I used to do that' date=' good idea but traveling with Easyjet this time and last year, only 20 kls. ( Princess cruises)

I tissue and ROLL my dresses, and they come out of case fine, I don't mind the wire hangers, as long as I can ask for them early.

What I do is;

Write down what I am wearing on each evening inc underwear, jewelry, shoes etc, that way, I don't forget to pack them. Once, I put on too much weight so on the last evening couldn't wear a lovely dress that I had bought SO now I NUMBER in which order that I am going to be wearing my clothes, a slimmer dress I will wear sooner rather than later ! Sad, isn't I BUT it works ![/quote']

Haha, I do the same. Smaller dresses first night and so on.:eek:

I would recommend that you read the Horizon for the dress code of the day. I used P & O faq's for the dress code for each evening. Made a list of what to wear on each night. Unfortunately they changed the Black and White night from 4th formal to 3rd. I hadn't realised and wore a coloured dress on B+W night. lol Didn't realise till I went to look at the photographs the next day. I wondered why people kept looking at me:D

:confused:I've realized today that I've bought 4 NEW LONG FORMAL DRESSES for my upcoming Princess cruise , trouble is they have only 2 formal nights ! Doh, only been with them once before so thought as it was 12 days , then it would be same as P&O ! Oh well, just have to book somewhere else to wear the others !

Is it possible to stand on the roof above the Bridge on Ventura ?

Was looking at a promotional leaflet that came in the post for my parents from P&O Cruises and Cunard Cruises and it shows a photo of Ventura with people on the roof of the Bridge?

I was on Ventura in May and missed out as I didnt explore that part of the ship... I can feel another cruise booking coming on...

Is it possible to stand on the roof above the Bridge on Ventura ?

Was looking at a promotional leaflet that came in the post for my parents from P&O Cruises and Cunard Cruises and it shows a photo of Ventura with people on the roof of the Bridge?

I was on Ventura in May and missed out as I didnt explore that part of the ship... I can feel another cruise booking coming on...

And would Azura, as Ventura's sister ship, also be the same? Interested in any replies you get Cruisefan2012. :)

Sorry cruisefan, my mistake. It wasn't E deck. We were above the bridge so whichever deck is in line with this, the door at the very end of the corridor takes you out to this viewing area. It looked over on to the crew's swimming pool at the front of the ship and was very nice to take photos of the side of the ship while sailing.

Wilson2579,

Thats what I mean - so you CAN stand on the roof of the Bridge - Brilliant

Anybody know if this is possible on Azura aswell ?!

Thank you

Cruisefan2012

Hi Cruisefan2012,

Yes it was possible to access the 'roof' of the bridge on Azura as well, I found it for our sail in to Venice in 2011, and it was a spectacular place to be - albeit a little cool at around 6am in the morning. I found it by accident, as I followed one of the photographers to the access door ;)

I'm sure a little forage around would find the door ?

John

That is how we came across it. I had seen a couple of people out there and was determined to find the door:confused:

Not many people out there at all but did feel sorry for the cabins there, as people were sitting on the balconies. Not very private for them:eek:

Hi Janix,

Remember me? We met on Oriana to the Baltic last June, our 1st cruise & you gave me lots of useful advice beforehand! We talked mostly on the P&O forum, but as alas that is no more, I'm on Cruise Critic instead.

We're going on our 2nd cruise to the Canaries on Azura in 5 weeks! Very excited. And I've just found this post with your interesting tip about the roof above the bridge on Azura. Thanks for that - we'll be going there, & I'll look out for you, Rubydoobydoo as I'm sure we've talked on the Roll Call for our cruise soon!

While I'm here John, is there anywhere on Azura for a quiet breakfast/lunch to compare with Al Fresco on Oriana? I can't see anywhere on the deck plans, which would be a shame as we don't really want waiter served breakfasts/lunches, or the crush of the buffet. Any other secret tips for Azura?

I see you've done lots of travelling since we met, good for you. I hope you're both well & enjoying yourselves :)

All the best,

Pauline