Which cruise line for my family

sprint180

I know I am making this too difficult but first, a little background. In 2011 I took my 5 kids on a Carnival cruise. We loved it but I thought next time I might like something a little less "wild" (for lack of a better word) This summer dh and I went on an Alaskan Cruise on Princess. Princess seemed somewhat more of my cruise Personality but it was sort of sedate. We loved it also. I am wanting to take my 2 boys on and Caribbean cruise next summer. I was wondering who might be a good fit. Is Princess in the Caribbean fun for a 15 and 17 yr old? They will not go to the kids clubs so that is not a consideration. I really would like RCI maybe allure or oasis. Are they like carnival. As I said, I know I am making this difficult and I really am easy to please. Any ideas?

If your kids don't mind just lounging by the pool, Princess should be fine. There is also a teen program they should check out.

If your kids are looking for the rock walls, ice rinks, etc, then you might be best looking at RCI.

I think your sons would really enjoy Royal Caribbean. This lines caters to families, the newer ships like Allure and Oasis are enormous with dozens activities available.

Next summer Oasis, Freedom and Allure sail to the Caribbean along with some of the older ships like Jewel, navigator and Explorer.

Jonathan

Yes there is one on Princess, on May 31st I am looking at. My kids will never go to kids club. No matter how I try. Besides the rock wall and flow rider is there enough of interest on Allure to keep their attention?

If the flowrider and rock climbing wall isn't enough, maybe you should rethink a cruise idea and head to Disney. Besides, there are pools, shows, zip line just to name a few activities on the ship. My DW and I brought our 15 and 11 yard old on the FOS and they absolutely loved it. They did not want to go at the teen clubs/activities either.

I didn't say it wasn't enough. They would not be interested in them. Rock wall maybe, flowrider no. They are farm boys. Not really the athletic type.

I'm from Nebraska too! I haven't been on the Allure or Oasis, but to me RCI is definitely teen-friendly. I guess it just depends on what they want to do, but those two ships probably have more activities than any other ships afloat.

I love Princess, but it doesn't have as much for teens. NCL is a good possibility too.

Princess offers 7 Night cruises to the Caribbean on Caribbean Princess in the summer of 2014.

Both of our children loved Princess and continued loving it through their teen years. :)

Even without being in the teen program, they will meet others their ages on the ship.

LuLu

~~~~

I didn't say it wasn't enough. They would not be interested in them. Rock wall maybe, flowrider no. They are farm boys. Not really the athletic type.

Even though your kids are not athletic, I think they would still enjoy the flowrider. Trust me, I'm in my 20's... Ok 30's... No make that the 40's :D and I'm not athletic at all and I tried and loved it. You do not need to stand on the board, you have some where you lay flat on your stomach. Also, they can take private lessons. My kids took some and it was around $25 each for about 1 hour. It was later at night, so no one watching and it was a small group taking the lessons, only 4 altogether. But my kids really enjoyed sitting there and watching others making a fool of themselves :D

I know I am making this too difficult but first, a little background. In 2011 I took my 5 kids on a Carnival cruise. We loved it but I thought next time I might like something a little less "wild" (for lack of a better word) This summer dh and I went on an Alaskan Cruise on Princess. Princess seemed somewhat more of my cruise Personality but it was sort of sedate. We loved it also. I am wanting to take my 2 boys on and Caribbean cruise next summer. I was wondering who might be a good fit. Is Princess in the Caribbean fun for a 15 and 17 yr old? They will not go to the kids clubs so that is not a consideration. I really would like RCI maybe allure or oasis. Are they like carnival. As I said, I know I am making this difficult and I really am easy to please. Any ideas?

You'll receive suggestions from people on this forum who think they know what your kids will enjoy. In the end, only you can make that decision. No one knows their kids like a parent.:)

Archived