Bringing Unlimited Wine Policy Officially Change Yesterday

LAFFNVEGAS

Sorry you have been welcomed in such an unfriendly manner, Mr. Dog. No one else has your name. CC doesn't allow 2 posters to register with the same name and it wouldn't have been approved for you if there was. There is a Dr. 'Dawg' who posts here with the spelling for his username that is used by Univ of Georgia fans for their bulldog mascot. They call their sports teams "Dawgs" with cheers like "Go Dawgs". Some posters are losing their sanity and not checking if their facts are correct before making accusations against other posters, even after the explanation about Dr. Dawg is given in the same thread. Sorry you got caught up in this nonsense of unfounded conspiracy theories currently afflicting some posters with way too much time on their hands.

Please accept my apologies, Mr. Dog. I did find from a reputable source that you are legitimate. Unfortunately, you came on at a time when there were some beligerant posts flying around this board. And there are people who have been banned who surface at times, to stir the pot.

Peaches, I can assure you I have not lost my sanity. I do have more to do with my time than to check up on posters. I think you could have said this in a more tactful way. Please put me on your ignore list....I am quite sure I asked you previously!

.... Please put me on your ignore list....I am quite sure I asked you previously!

Not me. Until this thread your name isn't even familiar to me and I'm quite sure I have never responded to any post you have written before. If I have, I am sure it was nothing that would have had you requesting an ignore list. No one has ever asked me to put them on my ignore list, ever; I don't even have an ignore list. And I've been on the board for 11 years with 5000+ posts. Never been banned though I did have one short term warning for posting a picture of a box of popcorn. Sometimes popcorn is allowed, sometimes not, one never knows.

Not me. Until this thread your name isn't even familiar to me and I'm quite sure I have never responded to any post you have written before. If I have, I am sure it was nothing that would have had you requesting an ignore list. No one has ever asked me to put them on my ignore list, ever; I don't even have an ignore list. And I've been on the board for 11 years with 5000+ posts. Never been banned though I did have one short term warning for posting a picture of a box of popcorn. Sometimes popcorn is allowed, sometimes not, one never knows.

I have no idea why this struck me as so funny, but it actually made me laugh out loud.

lol - I can verify that it is true. I have had the same experience. Still don't understand why.

Sometimes popcorn is allowed, sometimes not, one never knows.

Makes one wonder if it makes a difference who the moderator on duty is when the red triangle is hit. Some may play it closer while others are more likely to let something slide. It can be, after all, a judgment call, and a moderator who doesn't know the cast of characters might make a different decision than one who does.

Never been banned though I did have one short term warning for posting a picture of a box of popcorn. Sometimes popcorn is allowed, sometimes not, one never knows.

I got a warning for posting a picture of an ice cream cone. Apparently ice cream cones are in the same boat with popcorn, dangerous for the waistline but maybe sinister in other way?? :D;)

I got a warning for posting a picture of an ice cream cone. Apparently ice cream cones are in the same boat with popcorn, dangerous for the waistline but maybe sinister in other way?? :D;)

I remember that time, maybe around 5 years ago....there was a person who got banned....for frequently posting strange pictures . I guess if you don't allow it for one, you've got to be consistent.

We sail Dec 20 2013 (Panama Canal cruise) and the policy page says new policy starts 1 Jan 2014 - so we should be okay to bring on lots of good wine! Were you able to do that, as you've already sailed and how was your cruise?

We sail Dec 20 2013 (Panama Canal cruise) and the policy page says new policy starts 1 Jan 2014 - so we should be okay to bring on lots of good wine! Were you able to do that, as you've already sailed and

how was your cruise?

You will be fine to bring wine on board at embarkation - no worries - my understanding was the policy was January 31/14 - but irregardless - it will have no effect on your embarkation. The Panama is wonderful - have a great cruise:D

We sail Dec 20 2013 (Panama Canal cruise) and the policy page says new policy starts 1 Jan 2014 - so we should be okay to bring on lots of good wine! Were you able to do that, as you've already sailed and how was your cruise?

The new policy is effective Jan. 31, 2014.

We live in San Diego and are cruising from here to Ft Lauderdale this Dec. Our eldest daughter works for a wine and spirits company here and is great for finding us wines to bring aboard (still unlimited - yeah!) One of our favorites stores here is San Diego Wines - great prices!

We live in San Diego and are cruising from here to Ft Lauderdale this Dec. Our eldest daughter works for a wine and spirits company here and is great for finding us wines to bring aboard (still unlimited - yeah!) One of our favorites stores here is San Diego Wines - great prices!

Stock up before you sail. We sail out of Civitavecchia on October 23 and plan to bring enough wine on board with us to cover us for our crossing.

Well we will probably also pick up some wine along the way in Spain and Portugal.

I wouldn't even consider taking this trip if it were after the new rules went into effect.

Lots of views, lots of thoughtful comments too.

I'm going to pull the petition on October 31st, copy it and send it along with its link and a cover letter to Mr Kruse.

It may do some good, it may not and we may never know. :o

If you decide to sign, please do not sign "anonymously" at least use first name and initial.

If you have a Mariner number, think about including it in your comments.

If you own CCL stock, remember to include that information too.

If you are presented with the option to "Donate", either hit the "No,Thanks" button or navigate out by hitting the "back" button repeatedly. Your comment and signature will still be posted

The Text of the Petition is:

Holland America has a long and proud history of delivering extraordinary vacation experiences through a tradition of excellence and exceptional value.

Recently the generous policy allowing passengers to bring unlimited amounts of wine and champagne on board, both at embarkation as well as throughout the cruise, has been changed. The new policy allows a solitary bottle at embarkation.

We, the undersigned, understand that the good old days will probably never return.

Instead, we ask that the new, tight-fisted policy be modified, allowing passengers to bring a reasonable amount of wine on board at embarkation for in-room and diningroom consumption as well as to bring single bottles on board at ports of call.

With this adjustment, Holland America will once again return to its mission: "Through excellence, we create once-in-a-lifetime experiences, every time"

Thank you, in advance for your consideration,

If you need the link, you'll have to email me:)

I just crunched the numbers

It's the same 6 people that have viewed it 10,000 times each:p

Cheers!

Very Funny....

Assume the two of you are included in the list of the same 6 people?;):p

The Text of the Petition is:

Holland America has a long and proud history of delivering extraordinary vacation experiences through a tradition of excellence and exceptional value.

Recently the generous policy allowing passengers to bring unlimited amounts of wine and champagne on board, both at embarkation as well as throughout the cruise, has been changed. The new policy allows a solitary bottle at embarkation.

We, the undersigned, understand that the good old days will probably never return.

Instead, we ask that the new, tight-fisted policy be modified, allowing passengers to bring a reasonable amount of wine on board at embarkation for in-room and diningroom consumption as well as to bring single bottles on board at ports of call.

With this adjustment, Holland America will once again return to its mission: "Through excellence, we create once-in-a-lifetime experiences, every time"

Thank you, in advance for your consideration,

If you need the link, you'll have to email me:)

I would be happier with a policy that allowed us to bring on as much wine as we would like, with a prepaid $15.00 corkage fee, as is the practice on Princess. That would create a win/win--HAL would make money and people could have the wine they want.

I would be happier with a policy that allowed us to bring on as much wine as we would like, with a prepaid $15.00 corkage fee, as is the practice on Princess. That would create a win/win--HAL would make money and people could have the wine they want.

Your proposal seems like a good solution except for the folks who think that they have the right to consume unlimited wine in their room and not have to pay a corkage fee.

Have you ever noticed if the same people who hauled on wine are also walking in to the dinning room with a glass of wine in their hand?

Just wondering....

Your proposal seems like a good solution except for the folks who think that they have the right to consume unlimited wine in their room and not have to pay a corkage fee.

Have you ever noticed if the same people who hauled on wine are also walking in to the dinning room with a glass of wine in their hand?

Just wondering....

We have always taken wine on board to drink on our balcony but still purchased wine in the dining room for dinner.

On our last Princess cruise, however, after they instituted their new wine policy (bring all you want but pay $15 per bottle corkage on boarding) we did take our corkage prepaid, stamped, bottles into the dining room for dinner. It worked well.

If HAL came up with such a policy they would probably become onw of our top two first choices in cruise lines.

Just wondering....

I walk to the dining room a lot of the time with a glass of wine I purchased in the Ocean Bar. It has become so difficult to get a glass in the dining room now that the wine stewards do not attend to that request and it takes that extra bit of work off the waiters.

On our last cruise I tried buying a few bottles and having them saved for me. Since my husband is not a wine drinker the bottle would last four to five days. I got the distinct impression it was a nuisance for the wine steward so I may just go back to buying my glass in the Ocean Bar and carrying it in to dinner.

We will be carrying wine aboard on our next cruise for friends who would like to have more than two bottles on a 22 day cruise.

I see we will be on the same cruise in April so when you are compiling your list of who you think is taking wine aboard and carrying it from their cabin please leave me off of it.

I walk to the dining room a lot of the time with a glass of wine I purchased in the Ocean Bar. It has become so difficult to get a glass in the dining room now that the wine stewards do not attend to that request and it takes that extra bit of work off the waiters.

On our last cruise I tried buying a few bottles and having them saved for me. Since my husband is not a wine drinker the bottle would last four to five days. I got the distinct impression it was a nuisance for the wine steward so I may just go back to buying my glass in the Ocean Bar and carrying it in to dinner.

We will be carrying wine aboard on our next cruise for friends who would like to have more than two bottles on a 22 day cruise.

I see we will be on the same cruise in April so when you are compiling your list of who you think is taking wine aboard and carrying it from their cabin please leave me off of it.

We are going on the same cruise???? Oh my, I did not know that....

I have no clue why you would think I would consider you on any list....

Have a good day....

Cheers!