Tree Top Trek at Brevard Zoo

vavasmom

I am considering this for the day we fly into FL before our cruise the next day. Has anyone done this that can provide a review.

My 17 year old daughter would be the participant and I would wait (90 minutes to 3 hrs according to the site). She has zip lined in St. Martin and San Juan PR so I am not worried about it being her first time.

We land at MCO at 9:15 am and I already have a car rental reservation with Budget.

I work at the zoo ....

daughter (21) and friends have done this several times .... {I get free tickets}

it is more than just zip-lines ... it is also a 'challenge course'

think rope ladders and bridges and the like

it is VERY athletic ... a good number of folks give up b4 the end

it is 90 min to 2 hours if there is no one slowing you down in front ...

on a busy day there may be a wait just to begin the course ...

if you buy a zoo admission you can follow from ground level thru much of the course . . .

zoo admission is not included as part of TTT but there is a combo ticket this year.

(btw, I am one of the choo choo train engineers . . .

Train.jpg

)

Capt BJ thanks for the info.

It sounds like the course in St. Martin that DD enjoyed (tightrope, ladders, ropes, etc). Not my cup of tea but it is hers. She is athletic (just finished 4weeks of crew camp rowing 3+ hrs/day plus a gym session) so this should be right up her alley so to speak.

The web site indicates that she can participate as long as I am there to sign the waivers (hard to believe that my signing days will be over in 4 months when she turns 18)

I think I have a plan for Thursday

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

I am considering this for the day we fly into FL before our cruise the next day. Has anyone done this that can provide a review.

My 17 year old daughter would be the participant and I would wait (90 minutes to 3 hrs according to the site). She has zip lined in St. Martin and San Juan PR so I am not worried about it being her first time.

We land at MCO at 9:15 am and I already have a car rental reservation with Budget.

Have you checked how far it is from FLL to Melbourne? According to Mapquest it is about 170 miles from Fort Lauderdale. You will spend lots of time in the car! FLL is Broward County (not Brevard County)!

capriccio - I appreciate your concern but the FL in the post is Florida -

I am flying into Orlando (MCO) and cruising from Port Canaveral the next day.

Phew - that makes lots more sense :p! Don't know how I missed the MCO reference. Sounds like a wonderful outing for your daughter!

I wanted to say thanks again. She did the challenge course today and I visited the zoo for a few hrs while DD was doing the course.

It was a great way to spend our afternoon. All the zoo staff was very friendly.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Archived