Majesty or Enchantment

I am looking to take a 4 night cruise in early September for a quick honeymoon cruise on either Majesty or Enchantment. It will be easier to get to Miami and having 3 ports vs. 2 but prefer the enchantment ship over majesty.

Which of those ships do u prefer? Does the inconvienance of getting to port canaveral outway the newer ship?

Both of us have been on many RCCL cruises and just looking to get some much needed relaxation after our wedding as we are taking our real honeymoon the following winter.

Thanks for all your help.

We don't find Port Canaveral inconvenient at all. Plus the Enchantment is preferable because of the Solarium, Diamond/Concierge lounges, and non-suite balcony staterooms.

We r flying in the morning so it takes longer to get transportation from Orlando to port c vs just grabbing a cab from MIA airport. And with going home the next day after the cruise - renting a car and going to Orlando vs taking cab to Miami beach hotel. Not huge inconvienance but much easier for us going to Miami vs Port C. So trying to weigh the pros vs cons of each.

I love the ENs pool deck - the third fresh water pool was added during the stretch. Also the EN has a Chops and a Boleros that I don't think the Majesty has

I can't wait to board on Friday am.

Majesty has a very nice sized Boleros, Compass Deli, and Johnny Rockets. EN does have Chops and Park Cafe.

This would absolutely be a no brainer in my opinion! EN for sure. I would never go on Majesty again, and thankfully, she will be out soon. For a honeymoon, I would recommend doing a 7 night and not even thinking of a 4 night. There's just not enough time to relax or experience a great ship. Get on Freedom or one of the twins for something special like that.

We r flying in the morning so it takes longer to get transportation from Orlando to port c vs just grabbing a cab from MIA airport. And with going home the next day after the cruise - renting a car and going to Orlando vs taking cab to Miami beach hotel. Not huge inconvienance but much easier for us going to Miami vs Port C. So trying to weigh the pros vs cons of each.

I have been tossing around this same topic for weeks now. Keep changing my mind. :eek: I plan to book within the next few days, and right now I'm leaning towards the EN.

I was leaning towards the Majesty but now it seems like I am being swayed to Enchantment.

Is the Majesty showing its age?

Is the Enchantment that much better of a ship? I have been on Majesty years ago and have been on all the other classes with the exception of the Oasis and can't remember the Enchantment class.

Thanks again for all of your help, I know we'll have a good time no matter what.

I was leaning towards the Majesty but now it seems like I am being swayed to Enchantment.

Is the Majesty showing its age?

Is the Enchantment that much better of a ship? I have been on Majesty years ago and have been on all the other classes with the exception of the Oasis and can't remember the Enchantment class.

Thanks again for all of your help, I know we'll have a good time no matter what.

I don't think Majesty is showing it's age as much as Enchantment is a newer design, with some features that have become standard on recent RC ships. I mentioned the Solarium earlier. This feature was introduced on this class of ships, and has been on every Royal ship since. That feature is a big plus to us because it gives us a pool that much more peaceful than the main pool area.

I don't think Majesty is showing it's age as much as Enchantment is a newer design, with some features that have become standard on recent RC ships. I mentioned the Solarium earlier. This feature was introduced on this class of ships, and has been on every Royal ship since. That feature is a big plus to us because it gives us a pool that much more peaceful than the main pool area.

I agree but after just coming off of Enchantment, I found I was extremely disappointed with that level of ship having not sailed on that class (Vision class) for a number of years. The ship is most definitely showing her age and the cruise is, in my opinion, nothing like a good 7 night one. I know I will not be doing a 3 or 4 nighter ever again. It's such a different cruise than a 7+ night one.

Majesty is my favorite of the two. Been on her a ton. I like Miami better, and I like the ship better for many different reasons. Great crew, excellent entertainment, and I like Sorrento's, Johnny Rocket's, and Compass Deli.

But....Enchantment has more dining options if you're looking for that. Windjammer better on EN. And Enchantment's pool deck is very spacious and beautiful.

MJ's cabins are smaller. Just depends what you're looking for. Just sailed Majesty in May and the ship was still beautiful. Have fun!

We live very close, about 30 miles from Miami and drove up to Port Canaveral specifically to sail on EN.

We were not disappointed.

Very nice ship, did not feel crowded, and the service as great.

Standard OV is much larger.

Its been 3 or 4 years since I was on the Majesty, and I did just get back from the Enchantment a few weeks ago... I vote Enchantment. It seemed to have so many more features than the Majesty. Our favorite was definitely the Solarium (especially if you are looking to relax without a million kids around!) I remember being on the Majesty and couldn't even get anywhere near one of the few hot tubs because they were all filled with kids. We also really enjoyed the Park Cafe when the Windjammer was crazy busy. I do not believe the Majesty had a Park Cafe (and the Windjammer seemed much smaller on the Majesty), but it did have a Johnny Rockets which doesn't interest us because we have on at our local mall and don't ever eat there anyways. Enchantment had a Ben and Jerry's and so many bars to choose from.

I agree but after just coming off of Enchantment, I found I was extremely disappointed with that level of ship having not sailed on that class (Vision class) for a number of years. The ship is most definitely showing her age and the cruise is, in my opinion, nothing like a good 7 night one. I know I will not be doing a 3 or 4 nighter ever again. It's such a different cruise than a 7+ night one.

3/4 night cruises definetly have a different feel. i did one of each this summer on EN. i thought the service was hit or miss. The 7 night or longer seem to have a different type of passenger. I am sure we will do more3/4 nights since we live in Fl, however it is not the same.

I would say Majesty. Enchantment and her sisters will be around for quite a while, but I think the Majesty has it's special traits and you have pretty much a once in a lifetime opportunity to experience it.

Roy

I'd suggest the Enchantment of the Seas. :-) Easier port to deal with and a little bit bigger and newer ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

I'm going to go the other way. I've never found Miami that hard to deal with. The airfare is a big deal for many with Miami being more expensive. I don't see the age or size of the ship as being that much of a factor and I'd rather go to Keywest than have another sea day on a smaller ship.

Just returned on a three day cruise on the Majesty. Only my third cruise, two prior cruises with Carnival. The Cruise director, Dave, "Gooday, Dave, was the best I have encountered. The Majesty does not show her age. Get a room on deck 7, outside, easy to get to the rail for viewing. Crew was fab. Wanted to stay longer. Drove down to Miami from Orlando for the trip. Well worth the drive. :D You will not be disapointed.

Here is what would influence me:

Age of ship

Condition of Ship

Restaurants on Ship

Where ship is docked.

So for me it's Enchantment hands down. The staff one both of these ships is fantastic. However the Majesty is less expensive. Not a deal breaker for me.

Archived