FLL to Port, need to stop at grocery store in between? Cab? What is best option?

Hi all!

We would like to stop at some type of grocery store between the airport (FLL) and Port Everglades.

We need to get water (Sparkling), wine, and maybe a couple packaged snacks (like granola bars).

What is our best option? Do we get a cab? Is this going to cost a fortune?

Advice please!

Thank you in advance!

Yes it's possible. Tell the driver the things you need and he can take you to the right stop. Harbor Shops is near the pier and has wine and grocery store. If you are making two stops, it of course will keep the meter running longer.

ANother option is to drop off the bags, even check in if early enough and then head to the store from the ship. Or if you are not too picky re the wine you could just stop at a CVS or Publics for all.

Both are possible. Both will cost. You have to decide if it's a good value.

Yes it's possible. Tell the driver the things you need and he can take you to the right stop. Harbor Shops is near the pier and has wine and grocery store. If you are making two stops, it of course will keep the meter running longer.

ANother option is to drop off the bags, even check in if early enough and then head to the store from the ship. Or if you are not too picky re the wine you could just stop at a CVS or Publics for all.

Both are possible. Both will cost. You have to decide if it's a good value.

Thank you!

Hi all!

We would like to stop at some type of grocery store between the airport (FLL) and Port Everglades.

We need to get water (Sparkling), wine, and maybe a couple packaged snacks (like granola bars).

What is our best option? Do we get a cab? Is this going to cost a fortune?

Advice please!

Thank you in advance!

At a guess, it's going to cost you at least an extra $20. Is it worth it?

Go on the internet and see if a Publix supermarket is on your route. Or you could just ask your cab driver.

Earlier this year, we flew in from So Calif to FLL one day before our cruise out of Port Everglades. We needed to purchase our 2 bottles of wine for our stateroom (rather than carry them in our checked baggage), and there was a Publix right across the street from our hotel. They have a really large selection of wines, and just about anything else you might want!! If I remember correctly, there are MANY locations!!

On our cruise we had the cab driver stop at the Walgreens just outside the entrance to the port and we ran in for a few last minute things....the cab fare was only $8 - 10 more then what it would have been normally, but we were quick. Not sure if the Walgreens sells wine.

There is an excellent Publix (supermarket) in the Harbor Shops, directly on the route between the airport and port and just a few blocks from the port entrance.

I know that store all too well. Our pre-cruise hotel was adjacent to this shopping center, and since the start of our cruise was delayed for two days due to a tropical storm, we ended up shopping for food and supplies at Publix. Huge, beautiful store.

Also there is a Total Wine just down form Publix (both nice places to shop) where you can per order your wine, please note that if you are shopping on a Sunday you will not be able to purchase alcoholic beverages until noon. The cost of a taxi from the airport to the ship via the shopping center will be about $15.00 - $20.00 + waiting time.

• 2 weeks later...
Can you buy wine/champagne at the airport? Can you drop off luggage at port then walk back out to store? I am in the same situation and would like to take 2 bottles with me but flying in that morning.

No.

Yes you can drop your bags off and then head over to Harbor Shops. But you will need a short cab ride there. Better off to just stop somewhere on the way to the port. Tell the driver what you need and then plan your quick shopping stop. Meter will be running.

If your ship leaves from terminal 1-4 check your luggage in and walk to Walgreens on the corner of Eisenhower and SE 17th St. You cannot purchase wine until noon on Sunday.

Thanks for your reply Royalcruz/Sharon. We will be arriving FLL at 9AM and have time to spare. We will be on the Oasis leaving on a Saturday. So- you think we can arrive to the port 10ish- check luggage in, then walk to Walkgreens and come back? Security allows you to walk in and out of the port area? How far is Walgreens? I walk daily so that should not be a problem. Thank you. Julie

If your ship leaves from terminal 1-4 check your luggage in and walk to Walgreens on the corner of Eisenhower and SE 17th St. You cannot purchase wine until noon on Sunday.

Thanks for your reply Royalcruz/Sharon. We will be arriving FLL at 9AM and have time to spare. We will be on the Oasis leaving on a Saturday. So- you think we can arrive to the port 10ish- check luggage in, then walk to Walkgreens and come back? Security allows you to walk in and out of the port area? How far is Walgreens? I walk daily so that should not be a problem. Thank you. Julie

Julie, You will be at terminal 18. There are no stores close to there. Walgreens is about a mile or more and I don't think there are sidewalks, but you are allowed to walk in and out. Make sure that you have photo ID/passports and your boarding docs if you decide to go to the store. You can drop off your bags with the porters, but once you check in, you might not be allowed to leave and come back, as I have seen security in the terminals stop people from leaving.

Julie, You will be at terminal 18. There are no stores close to there. Walgreens is about a mile or more and I don't think there are sidewalks, but you are allowed to walk in and out. Make sure that you have photo ID/passports and your boarding docs if you decide to go to the store. You can drop off your bags with the porters, but once you check in, you might not be allowed to leave and come back, as I have seen security in the terminals stop people from leaving.

Yes- I think that could happen. I have seen people walking thru the secruity gates with their luggage but not coming out:rolleyes: I might just get dropped off at Walgreens/wine store, do some shopping and casually walk the the ship. I do not want to get there too early and will have time to spare. Thanks. Julie

Archived