How soon to book December 2014 cruise on Freedom

Planning on a cruise on Freedom in December 2014 to celebrate husbands 60th birthday. He is excited and wants to book it now. Should we? I have him talked into our first GS and would also like some advice as to everyone's favorite GS on Freedom.

I am hesitating as I am watching for a deal: You know extras like pre-paid grats, onboard credit, etc,etc, etc,.

We are Diamond so we get a discount but I want more. We have almost always booked directly with RCCL, but I am going with a TA this time. I do not have one yet. I want some of the extras everyone is always talking about on these boards. I could use some advice on how to go about this.

Would appreciate any kind comments. Thank you. :D

The problem with waiting is that the price might go up beyond any perks you might get. I'd book now, then you have 60 days to transfer to a TA of your choice. If the price goes down before final payment date (and is not restricted to new bookings), you can get the lower price.

If you are Diamond with RCCL I would think you know the ropes. Just like airfare, no one can predict when the best price will be:rolleyes: Book when it's something you can live with, and maybe later there will be a price drop (or maybe not....).

If you're considering a GS, pre-paid gratuities and other little perks are really a small consideration anyway. Book the cabin you want and be happy:)

I would also book sooner rather than later. We have sailed FOS multiple times and are already booked for Dec. 2014 (sadly, we had to change our planned cruises this year til next year :(). We have found that the price for a GS generally goes up (sometimes considerably) as the cruise gets closer.

As far as cabin, we have stayed in 1298, 1282 and 1268.

• 1298 - our favorite as it is the closest to the Concierge Club and is mid ship (DH gets sea sick).
  • 1282 - fine, just a bit further along, but still mid ship.
  • 1268 - considered forward (and thus closer to forward elevators/stairs), but half of the balcony glass is tinted as are all of the balconies under the hot tub. I didn't like this since it affected the view of the ocean when sitting on the loungers on the balcony (so I wouldn't get this one again).

None of these are connecting cabins as we try to avoid those. We have never stayed on the other side but I am sure they would be fine (we have docked both ways in port so I certainly wouldn't count on that one way or the other.)

Enjoy!

We booked our Adventure cruises for December 2014 when they came out in the Spring. I can't think of any real reason not to book as soon as possible unless you don't intend on booking until the very end in the hopes of getting an amazing deal.

Archived