Help needed for Philadelphia Departure???

dlm0501

Does anyone know if Phillie embarkation is easy & quick? I heard if you park at the pier your luggage gets placed at a remote drop off then you go to the ship by shuttle is that correct?? Do they let you on board the ship early as some of the other ports? Is it easy to get to--Do you hit alot of traffic???Any info would be great a help Thanks-

WE live in Delaware and to cruise out of philly for us it i more expensive than flying to florida. So i cant help you. But we do get to see the ships pass us on the river by going to our local park to get our cruise fix.

Hi- you will drop your luggage off with porters before you park.

after the cruise your luggage will be with you. The parking lot is not all that far from the terminal-- I just wouldnt walk carrying luggage.

Have someone wait at the pier with the luggage while you take the shuttle to get your car.

The terminal is at the access for 95. You should have no trouble. Keep your documents out...you will need them to get into the terminal parking lot. There is a guard house before you enter...

old site but it could help http://philadelphia.about.com/cs/tourism/a/cruisephilly04a.htm

better site yet--- there are links for directions, parking, places to stay

http://cruisephilly.org/

where are you coming from?

I love cruising out of Philly I just wish they had more.

Debbie

I wish the prices for cruising at home was a lot cheaper then what it is. Now I can fly to florida and cruise for less then it would be for me to just drive to the port.

I wish the prices for cruising at home was a lot cheaper then what it is. Now I can fly to florida and cruise for less then it would be for me to just drive to the port.

I know the feeling i said the same thing. We only live about 20 minutes south of Philly. I dont understand why it is more expensive you would think it would be cheaper since we would have no airfare. We were looking for a cruise last year with the kids so i figure go out of philly wrong. They wanted $3300 for 4(no air i forget which ship) Ended up flying to LA to do the mexican riveria on the Pride and it cost including air $4200 for the 4 of us.

If i remember the Philly trip was the Bahamas and one other stop.

Michele

Supply and demand Michelle: So many people cruise close to home so they dont have to fly. Because of that--rates are skyrocketed. I looked into the Enchantment our of Phila...doing a 5 day cruise to Canada.. which cost me more then the 7 day out of florida...including airfare.

Since you live in Phila-- do you know that sometimes they have travel agent tours onboard the ships down there? Last year we were able to tour the Norweign Crown one morning before they sailed. A travel agent sponsered the tour. We got free lunch and drinks. We able to see the differnt cabins. It was a lovely morning.

Archived