New propulsion problem on Millennium

cruisestitch

Cruisestitch, Watson524, NJBeast, Stern145, & Specialdiet,

Thank you for taking the time to post and let us know what's going on. Hopefully this will be a bump in the road, and you'll get back to your itinerary later today! I'll be watching anxiously for news...my neighbors are flying out to Anchorage on Thursday morning to (fingers crossed!) get on the Millie on Friday.

Cruisestitch, Watson524, NJBeast, Stern145, & Specialdiet,

Thank you for taking the time to post and let us know what's going on. Hopefully this will be a bump in the road, and you'll get back to your itinerary later today! I'll be watching anxiously for news...my neighbors are flying out to Anchorage on Thursday morning to (fingers crossed!) get on the Millie on Friday.

Hey Cindy....My brother is on the next cruise too...

BILL

I'm so sorry for the disruption in your cruise. That most certainly is disappointing, but sometimes there isn't anything that can be done. Life is all about how we handle disappointments and it sounds like you guys are making the best of it. Hopefully you'll get going again soon!

We're in Ketchikan and making the best of it.

The hard-working crew are doing there best to keep everyone happy and at least pretend that this is not a major hardship for them. As long as the necessary services are in place (running water, toilets, unlimited fresh food from six a.m. to midnight, plus room service, a gym with plenty of working equipment (on our last two cruises on other lines much of the gym equipment was out of order), indoor and outdoor pools, it really is hard for me to complain.

All aboard, if it does not change, is still 3 hours and 15 minutes away, so there's plenty of time to watch salmon fight their way upstream or walk among houses built on stilts.

We're taking a float plane out to see a view we didn't see from the boat tour yesterday so that'll be good. It's been on mom's "bucket list" so the good news is we have time to take it now. And hey there's plenty of bars in town lol!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

Having just returned from the cancelled itinerary cruise on the Millennium on Aug 9th our sympathy goes out to you on the 8/16 cruise. We hope they can salvage some of the itinerary for you. I know they may try to make it up financially to you(as they did with us) and that certainly helps, but not the same as getting the cruise you wanted and planned for.

Keep us updated.

What wonderful attitudes! Makes the trip, even with the deviation, so much more enjoyable than having a bad attitude about it. Making the best of it, good for you! There are certainly worse places and situations to be "stuck" in! Like last year when Super Storm Sandy hit us here in NJ and I had no power, water or heat for two weeks. Now THAT was miserable! You know its bad when you prefer to be at work instead of home!

So it feels like "Groundhog Day"! You know, the movie with Bill Murray where the same day keeps happening over and over again!!

Anyway, I'm at a bar in Ketchikan using their internet and still awaiting word as to what happens next. I would think they would be trying hard to get the ship to Seward to get the next set of cruisers so going back to Vancouver would mean the ship will be out of commission for awhile.

Anyways, we'll hope for the best and see what develops.

Sonny

I would think they would be trying hard to get the ship to Seward to get the next set of cruisers so going back to Vancouver would mean the ship will be out of commission for awhile.

The ship is also closer to Seward right now than Vancouver.

Not really! Besides, if it needs dry dock, they have used on in Victoria, I believe.

May be the map is wrong... but Seward seems closer than Vancouver.

With our cruise starting Friday, I sure hope there is no dry docking or turning around.

May be the map is wrong... but Seward seems closer than Vancouver.

With our cruise starting Friday, I sure hope there is no dry docking or turning around.

If the Millennium returned to Seward they would have to cross the Gulf of Alaska, which can be rough at times. If the ship is having any sort of mechanical issues at all, you don't want to be in the Gulf of Alaska.

If the Millennium returned to Seward they would have to cross the Gulf of Alaska, which can be rough at times. If the ship is having any sort of mechanical issues at all, you don't want to be in the Gulf of Alaska.

So hopefully they fix the stupid pod.

I see reports from those onboard and certainly sorry for ya'lls inconvenience since we will be there on 6th of sept but is there free wifi from the port? Will we be able to use Wi-Fi while traveling from port to port without paying celebrity surcharge?

I see reports from those onboard and certainly sorry for ya'lls inconvenience since we will be there on 6th of sept but is there free wifi from the port? Will we be able to use Wi-Fi while traveling from port to port without paying celebrity surcharge?

Now I'm confused. I thought the plural was all y'all. ;). But I learned that in NC.

We're part of this "experience" -- our first serious ship problem in 47 cruises so I guess we've had a good run. We walked over to the McDonald's in Ketchikan which has free WiFi (that's where I'm posting this from). There are other closer ones as well. (We've found the onboard WiFi to be terrible, and our room is literally right next to the iLounge.)

I like the "Ketch-again" name. We enjoyed walking up early this morning to see the salmon swimming upstream. It's a bit of a pain having to come back to the ship every few hours to be told we're not leaving, but overall it's not a bad experience (yet). The on-board services are generally excellent.

First of all, I'm sorry to hear about this happening to you all on your vacations.

Second, i want to commend each of you who have been posting on this thread, and showing everyone that you truly can make lemonade when life hands you lemons....NJBeast with the whole "groundhog day" mentality and getting to do the things they didn't get to do yesterday is just absolutely refreshing, considering what you'd typically hear/see with issues such as this.

I am glad that Celebrity decided to play it safe on this one, nobody wants to be stranded at sea - at least you are stuck in port, and safe and sound. That's what's most important.

Archived