New propulsion problem on Millennium

cruisestitch

I was given the e-mail address by Celebrity as a faster way to get my air change fees refunded. I attached my receipt from United as instructed by their agent.

Me too...they said it was more organized and efficient via email...like Cindy I forwarded my new air receipt...you can also scan any other receipts...this way I also have an electronic record of this....

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Me too...they said it was more organized and efficient via email...like Cindy I forwarded my new air receipt...you can also scan any other receipts...this way I also have an electronic record of this....

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We do live in an electronic world now and every company is /should be moving towards a paperless office as it is more efficeint and effective. :D

We do live in an electronic world now and every company is /should be moving towards a paperless office as it is more efficeint and effective. :D

Celebrity, like much of the Wesern travel industry, has been dealing with electronic correspondence for some time.

Mr and Mrs Joseph S Schmoe (representing the Schmoes of Tallahassee) have been following this thread with some trepidation.

We traveled on the Caribbean Princess on the voyage prior to the events documented in this link:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=4781

FWIW, I do remember returning to San Juan from Curacao on a single engine. I think that we averaged 14-15 kts which closely matched the float plan...we arrived on time. We had a wonderful experience.

The way I remember the story is that all of the Princess passengers eventually received full credit for a future cruise so the 25% figure may have eventually been adjusted upwards.

We are thinking about X for a PC trip next year. Will have to see how this plays out.

Since I can't find any other appropriate place to stick this..... For those of you following along the Millennium's passenger less Canal cruise, she has arrived in the Canal's Pacific anchorage. I don't have any idea when she is supposed to transit, but it could be as soon as tomorrow in the AM.

Sad that so many cruisers had there vacations interrupted or cancelled!

Out of curiosity, I'm wondering how many people found that their friends and family were far more interested in hearing about your holiday when things went wrong like this, as opposed to when you talk about an uneventful trip? Holiday horror stories seem to be much more fascinating for some reason...

Why would you want to email them? They require all your receipts, and I doubt they will accept copies submitted via email. I gathered up all of mine, made copies for myself, and submitted the originals to the address they provided in the letter we got before we left the ship.

I was given the e-mail address by Celebrity as a faster way to get my air change fees refunded. I attached my receipt from United as instructed by their agent.

I just received a call from Celebrity. My air change reimbursement is being processed...they had to call and get the credit card number because it's a different one than the card that's on file. The gentleman I spoke with said I should see the refund on my credit card statement by Friday.:D He also thanked me for highlighting the fees!:o

I just received a call from Celebrity. My air change reimbursement is being processed...they had to call and get the credit card number because it's a different one than the card that's on file. The gentleman I spoke with said I should see the refund on my credit card statement by Friday.:D He also thanked me for highlighting the fees!:o

Great news for you.:D

Out of curiosity, I'm wondering how many people found that their friends and family were far more interested in hearing about your holiday when things went wrong like this, as opposed to when you talk about an uneventful trip? Holiday horror stories seem to be much more fascinating for some reason...

Yes, I think some people take satisfaction in the downfall of others (in Australia we call this Tall poppy syndrome) while others are generally empathetic. Luckily, it is normally easy to distinguish between the two. :D

Schadenfreude: is pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others.

There are few more pleasurable moments than emailing from a cruise ship in February when a blizzard is making life miserable for your friends at home.. ;)

Not that I would ever do that... :rolleyes:

I am sure that there are many who are saying ( or gloating) I told you not to sail on a Celebrity M-class ship...

Schadenfreude: is pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others.

There are few more pleasurable moments than emailing from a cruise ship in February when a blizzard is making life miserable for your friends at home.. ;)

Not that I would ever do that... :rolleyes:

I am sure that there are many who are saying ( or gloating) I told you not to sail on a Celebrity M-class ship...

Yes, some people really take joy in others mishaps or misadventures. If they do it to you they are not really your friends.

Hi guys,

Looking for help:

1. We still haven't received our refund, I tried to call Celebrity but the wait time seemed to long so I tried our TA. TA said it could take another 1 to 2 weeks. Has anyone gotten their refund yet... would it come to each CC paid in the original amounts?

2. Our TA said our 50% FCC is 50% Off whatever the future cruise we pick costs. I always thought it was 50% of what we had paid as credit... which is true?

[quote name='h2dcruise']Hi guys,

Looking for help:

1. We still haven't received our refund, I tried to call Celebrity but the wait time seemed to long so I tried our TA. TA said it could take another 1 to 2 weeks. Has anyone gotten their refund yet... would it come to each CC paid in the original amounts?

2. Our TA said our 50% FCC is 50% Off whatever the future cruise we pick costs. I always thought it was 50% of what we had paid as credit... which is true?[/quote]

I've started a thread where we can all post any information about refunds and FCCs. The thread is: [URL]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1908222&highlight=compensation[/URL]

Cindy just posted that her airfare reimbursement is in process. She received a call from Celebrity.

It will be very helpful if we all can share information on that thread.

Looking for help:

2. Our TA said our 50% FCC is 50% Off whatever the future cruise we pick costs. I always thought it was 50% of what we had paid as credit... which is true?[/QUOTE]

I would be very surprised if the FCC is 50% off any future cruise--that would leave their costs unknown and potentially very expensive.

[quote name='RoamingRetirees']I would be very surprised if the FCC is 50% off any future cruise--that would leave their costs unknown and potentially very expensive.[/quote]

Agreed, I'd say most likely the TA wasn't precise with their wording. Or if they deliberately said that, then they've made a mistake.

Looking for help:

2. Our TA said our 50% FCC is 50% Off whatever the future cruise we pick costs. I always thought it was 50% of what we had paid as credit... which is true?[/quote]

It's 50% off the fare you paid for your cancelled cruise. For example, if you paid $2000 on your cancelled sailing, you'll have $1000 to apply toward a future sailing. You might want to have your TA call =X= so that he/she doesn't keep making that misrepresentation.

[quote name='BEAV']It's 50% off the fare you paid for your cancelled cruise. For example, if you paid $2000 on your cancelled sailing, you'll have $1000 to apply toward a future sailing. You might want to have your TA call =X= so that he/she doesn't keep making that misrepresentation.[/quote]
This is the most logical and follows what has happened in the past. With the people who had their Galapagos Island cruise cancelled, they were unhappy as the % they received worked out from what they paid and not what the new cruise would cost. Some had a bargain $7,000 cruise which now costs $10,000, (the 25% of purchase price being $1750 now being only 17.5% off the replacement cruise).

Archived