Key West, Nassau, Freeport

KajunKruiser

Key West

Rent an electric car and cruise around. Especially with the amount of time you are given there....it gives you time to get around quicker. I always rent from Sunshine Scooter Rental....there are multiple pier locations....there are three

Nassau

Go to Junkanoo Beach and take a city tour. All cruise ships dock at Prince Georges Wharf and there will most likely be multiple ships in port.

Freeport

We always stay onboard the ship when we visit here......nothing appeals to us here

Seems you are going very soon on Conquest.

What sort of things do you like to do for your port days?

LuLu

~~~~

Yes, its coming up soon!! yeah! Normally we've only gone the Cozumel route so we snorkel, shop & drink. When we went to Jamaica we went to Sandals. Walked around in Grand Cayman. It Nassau I'm thinking of doing the Atlantis excursion, but don't know where the ship docks to know if we will need a taxi, you know like for budget reasons at each port. Any help you can offer is appreciated!

KajunK .... Since you like the beach/water activities and it'll be warm, you should have no problem finding things you enjoy doing in Key West, Nassau, & Freeport.

Key West: A very fun place to Bar Hop! :D

Nassau: You'll need to take a taxi or water taxi to Atlantis. It's not far.

We very much enjoy going to the Blue Lagoon.

Freeport: Take a taxi/taxi shuttle to Lacaya (about $5 or $6) each way. You'll be dropped off at the marketplace shopping area. A public beach where you can rent chairs is across the street.

Senor Frogs recently opened a new place right at the cruise terminal area which you might like on your way back to the ship or if it's rainy day.

Also, here on the Cruise Critic board check out the on the Ports of Call under Bahamas.

Have a wonderful time on your cruise! :)

LuLu

~~~~

Thanks so much! Is it a lot of walking in Key West...I've had knee surgery recently and I'm not supposed to be "over doing it".

I'm not sure what "over doing it" means, but most of the attractions in Key West are in a 2 square mile area. If you don't want to walk, you might consider a hop on hop off trolley tour. I like City View Trolley.

http://www.cityviewtrolleys.com/

You can also rent electric cars, or you can walk and if you get tired, call a taxi. I use 5 sixes taxi at 305-296-6666.

Hey Kajunkruiser, greetings from NW LA, Shreveport LA. We will be on same cruise, We are doing City View Trolley in Key West. We plan to get off at southern most point, for pictures, and just get a general idea of the area.

I checked and there is only one other cruise ship in port each of our stops!

In Nassau we are either doing British Colonial Hilton or the Sheraton day pass.

Freeport we are taking cab to Grand Lucayan day pass is $15.oo straw market is across the street.

On Roll call there is a meet & greet on Monday at 2:00, check in there!

Archived