Allowed to take wine on board?

laedw

I read a thread that stated that you can bring two bottles on board the ship when you board. Is that right? I will be sailing on the Allure and I would love bringing my own wine on board. I did not see that notice on the RCCL website. It still states that if you bring alcoholic beverages on board it will be taken.

You can bring two 750ml bottles of wine on board. We do not put it in our checked luggage, just in carry on. Have a wonderful cruise. We are going on Oasis in February. Will be our 12th cruise. Can hardly wait !!

I read a thread that stated that you can bring two bottles on board the ship when you board. Is that right? I will be sailing on the Allure and I would love bringing my own wine on board. I did not see that notice on the RCCL website. It still states that if you bring alcoholic beverages on board it will be taken.

The website is not fully updated, however here is one place where it's correct:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=5442&faqSubjectId=336&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqType=faq

one responder said carry it on. If you do not, your luggage will be held and you will have to take time to go to the "naughty room" to prove it is wine and then retrieve that piece or pieces of luggage.

So, carry it on!

So...how do you carry it on? I know this is a stupid question, but you cannot bring liquid on the plane so you must check it in right? Then should you remove it from your suitcase and carry it on? I guess if you stay in Florida the night before it would be easier then if you flew in the same day as we did.

Also, how do you purchase liquor on the islands and get it home? I wanted to buy some but a friend told me that they made her throw it out at the airport because you couldn't carry it on the plane. If you put it in your luggage, its bound to get smashed no???

If you purchased liquor on the island could you carry two bottles on with you at that time as well?

Just curious because I really wanted to buy the Guavaberry in St. Martin but I chickened out because I didn't want to end up getting confiscated. LOL

I know these questions sound dumb, but I don't know who else to ask . Thanks :)-

So...how do you carry it on? I know this is a stupid question, but you cannot bring liquid on the plane so you must check it in right? Then should you remove it from your suitcase and carry it on? I guess if you stay in Florida the night before it would be easier then if you flew in the same day as we did. Pretty much, you have the right idea.

Also, how do you purchase liquor on the islands and get it home? I wanted to buy some but a friend told me that they made her throw it out at the airport because you couldn't carry it on the plane. If you put it in your luggage, its bound to get smashed no??? If shipping it isn't an option, you will have to cushion it. Since you know you are going to likely buy some, throw some bubble wrap and a large zip lock bag into your luggage while before you leave for your cruise. It won't take up much room or weight. Wrap it up when you get it back from the ship.

If you purchased liquor on the island could you carry two bottles on with you at that time as well? The bottles that are allowed on and in your possession are the ones you bring on the ship embarkation day.

Just curious because I really wanted to buy the Guavaberry in St. Martin but I chickened out because I didn't want to end up getting confiscated. LOL Any booze you buy in port will (likely) be taken and held for you as you get back on the ship. You will receive it the night before (usually)you disembark the cruise.

I know these questions sound dumb, but I don't know who else to ask . Thanks :)-

They are not dumb questions. I hope this helps you out.

You can buy wine bottle wraps at high end wine stores but bubble wrap works great. Even though I also put it in a zip lock bag I am nervous about leakage so only bring white wine. I grab the wrapped bottles out when we get to the port and throw them in my carry on. Takes 1 minute tops.

I also keep the containers when I have wine shipped to my house and use them for travel. They are bulkier than bubble wrap.

Another idea is to pick up wine when you are enroute to the port. Lots of times there are really convenient stores that your cab driver can stop at.

Archived