Is Nov. - Dec. a good time to cruise the caribbean?

pcc1342

We are thinking of taking an eastern or western cruise on the Freedom of the Seas in Nov. or Dec. What is the weather like during these months? Is the water still warm enough to swim and are there any other reasons to cruise or not to cruise during these months? Thanks for the information!

We are thinking of taking an eastern or western cruise on the Freedom of the Seas in Nov. or Dec. What is the weather like during these months? Is the water still warm enough to swim and are there any other reasons to cruise or not to cruise during these months? Thanks for the information!

We've done a December Caribbean cruise for the last 4 years, and have snorkeled every time. Air temps will probably be around 80.

Certainly! We went in February on one of Monarch OTS's last outings and it was cloudy (and thus cool) in Nassau, but the day in Coco Key was HOT and great. Hurricanes can be problematic late in the year too but we've been lucky so far. I think Nov-Dec would be a great time to cruise.

You don't live too far from us.....we live between York and Lancaster along the Susquehanna River. We love cruising those months. It is nice to go from cold weather to warm in a matter of a couple days on a ship. Although, we only cruise from Baltimore or New Jersey. I know you can fly there quicker, but I love to experience the temp. changes while on board.

My husband doesn't like to go in Jan. or Feb., because the chance of snow is so much greater during those months. Then we would have to schedule someone to do our driveway while we are away.

Another thing too, I think they have some good deals during those months. At least we found that to be true.

Enjoy your cruise.......:D

Gwen :)

PCC1342, hello from sort of a neighbor (Carlisle, PA)!

That is a great time to cruise. We are doing a B2B on the Allure this year over Thanksgiving week and the first week of December. Getting ready to book a B2B same two weeks next year on the Adventure of the Seas.

Besides the weeks of Thanksgiving and Christmas/New Years, prices are usually cheaper that time of the year. It is past huriccane season and there are not a lot of kids running around since they are still in school.

Plus, being from the northeast, you get to be in the warm weather!

Well, you have all convinced me to book Dec. 8, Freedom of the Seas, Western. Thanks so much. Was very unsure what to do.

I will be on that same cruise. Be sure and check out the roll call. It's a fun bunch and we have lots of different activities planned, from sail away get together, lottery thingy, cabin crawl to gift exchange and growing. Hope you will join us. Also, be sure and sign up for the meet and mingle in the upper right hand corner.

Are the ships decorated for Christmas the first week of December? Looking at that week next year and would love to see the ship decorated!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Yes, they start just after Thanksgiving. Beautiful too. You could even decorate your cabin if you want to. This December, I am even thinking of decorating my balcony with some battery operated lights.

Gwen :)

It is a lovely time of year to go. If you skip Thanksgiving and Christmas/New Year's breaks there are fewer kids onboard if that is a concern either way. We've gone out of FL, San Juan, and Baltimore. Out of Baltimore it is chilly for the first day or so until you get south of NC. The islands have been great. Prices for early December are usually pretty good.

In my opinion, it's THE BEST TIME!!!!!!!! :D

PCC1342, hello from sort of a neighbor (Carlisle, PA)!

That is a great time to cruise. We are doing a B2B on the Allure this year over Thanksgiving week and the first week of December. Getting ready to book a B2B same two weeks next year on the Adventure of the Seas.

Besides the weeks of Thanksgiving and Christmas/New Years, prices are usually cheaper that time of the year. It is past huriccane season and there are not a lot of kids running around since they are still in school.

Plus, being from the northeast, you get to be in the warm weather!

Hello neighbor! You have convinced me to book mid-nov to mid-dec. Was thinking of booking for the end of September but was unsure because of hurricane season. Wow, I am jealous of a B2B, would love that. Maybe next year?

Price is not too much of an issue as we will be using 125,000 points and will only have to pay for our upgraded balcony.

We have often cruised the Caribbean (Western, Eastern and Southern) in the late fall and it's always been lovely. In the fall of 2011 we spent 2 weeks on the Freedom of the Seas in November, the weather was perfect. The only hint of bad weather was it sprinkled for half the day in Falmouth. :)

You will enjoy cruising in November December as we have been cruising over Thanksgiving for the past several years. We do not have too many kids on these cruises because they are 10 days or longer. Parents do not take kids out of school for that long. The weather is perfect for us to escape the start of winter in Central PA.

Archived