First ever cruise just booked :)

I have just booked our first ever cruise for our silver wedding anniversary next June on Liberty of The Seas !

I notice on the booking form it has an entry for "special requests".... what sort of things should one request ? I don't want to miss out on anything, but having never cruised before I don't really know what I might want !!

Any tips ?

There are things that you can purchase to "enhance" your cruise experience like decorations for your cabin and a cake at dinner. They are not worth the money in my opinion. Save the money and use it for a special shore excursion or something else that will create a memory that lasts for years.

I have just booked our first ever cruise for our silver wedding anniversary next June on Liberty of The Seas !

I notice on the booking form it has an entry for "special requests".... what sort of things should one request ? I don't want to miss out on anything, but having never cruised before I don't really know what I might want !!

Any tips ?

For special celebrations, and this surely counts as one, you can get all kinds of individual services (cakes, champagne, flowers, decorations) or packages, such as the romance package, which, I believe, includes champagne, flowers, chocolate-covered strawberries, robes, and a photo package, or some combination thereof. Naturally, all these things come at a price, and it's up to you whether they will make your cruise special, or just be an add-on you could have done without. Now that you can bring wine on board, you can bring your own. But one or two evenings in a specialty restaurant at a romantic table for two, or a couples' massage, or portraits on formal night, are all things you can arrange for as well. Much of this is described on the RC website in different places, and you can find further information by reading reviews and searching on this site.

Congratulations! DH and I booked our first cruise for our 25th (actually, the cruise was more than a year later -- after we had finished paying for our youngest's college:p, but the spirit was there). It was supposed to be a once-in-a-lifetime, fabulous trip. Well, it was fabulous, and the experience left us wanting more, so this February will make it twice-in-a-lifetime. :)

You are going to have a wonderful time. I can't think of a better way to celebrate a special anniversary. While the extras may be nice, just being on a cruise together will be special, and should give you many wonderful memories.

Welcome to cruising and I know you will have a wonderful time. We were about the same age when we first cruise (24th anniversary) and loved it. We were no stranger to land based vacations but really fell in love with the ease of cruising. Since then, we try to plan at least one cruise vacation a year. I bet you will too!

I would pass on the special event packages the cruise line offers. Instead, search for a great anniversary card and book a nice dinner at one of the specialty restaurants to celebrate your special day.

There is NOTHING like your first cruise. Enjoy it and don't try to do everything that's offered each day. There is always, "tomorrow" or your "next cruise!"

Any tips ?

You will have the time if your life - been on first cruise and just booked second. Don't feel you have to try and do all activities - felt a bit overawed at first with daily bulletin of activities left in cabin nightly. You can do as much or little as you want. Enjoy

Archived