thinking of getting insurance for coming cruise

Crazykat945

I don't think anyone ever responded to your question on the coverage that comes with your credit card.

I've got that top, and scanned the provisions the other day for the first time. I think mine covers $10,000 for interruption/cancellation, but I seem to remember there were some exclusions, like pre-existing conditions.

You really need to compare the credit card coverage in a 'line up' against other policies on a site like insuremytrip in order to get an apples to apples comparison.

Yep, I agree with you. :-)

I read thru the exclusions. Since I'm traveling with my mom, and she's covered. I just need to worry about medical insurance for now.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm thinking to get insurance for coming cruise for October. Is it too late to get it? Can you suggest one? Thank you very much.

Dont take travel insurance with Allianz Global Assist. We had a cruise earlier in the year and when we arrived in Alaska we were called home as my wife's Mum took ill and unfortunately passed away before we could return to Australia. Allianz refused to pay our claim as they "do not recognise anyone over the age of 85 years". Given that many people who cruise are elderly or have elderly relatives, this is a complete disgrace. Avoid Allianz at all costs:mad:

Archived