"LIVE" from Grandeur of the Seas - Aug 30, 2013

Radio

Yay...I found you just before you sailed :D

I knew you were sailing this week and been looking for your Live report and now I'm here...coffee on the desk and ready to enjoy your cruise along with you and Mrs Radio...:D

Carol

Hope you had a smooth transition to the ship and paid close attention at muster. We were on the fire cruise and can't wait to get back on her in Dec. We were just getting settled in and then we were back home. RCL rocked at taking good care of us every minute pre and post fire! Have a great time...can't wait to read your LIVE reviews. Peggy

Embarkations Day! Can't wait to sail on Grandeur again. It's been 4 years since we sailed on her so we'll get to see all the new revitilizations! Hopefully we'll be on board by 12:30. Hope everyone who is sailing has a safe trip to the port without too much Grand Prix traffic.

We were on GOS back in April of 2001 on a 14 day Eastbound transatlantic. We're reuniting with her right after you on 9/13 so we're really looking forward to see how she's matured! (..and how she looks since her makeover!)

Have a great time - don't spend TOO much time on your posts!!

As I ate my small snack of a lunch, I couldn't help but think of Radio, perhaps even now, dining on Honey Stung Chicken!

You may be able to cruise vicariously through these LIVE posts, but you sure can't eat that way! :(

Theron

As I ate my small snack of a lunch, I couldn't help but think of Radio, perhaps even now, dining on Honey Stung Chicken!

You may be able to cruise vicariously through these LIVE posts, but you sure can't eat that way! :(

Theron

Theron. . .How did you know I had Honey Stung chicken ?

Oh, that right. . . I have HSC every time ! ;)

1st Post coming soon. . . (Before muster at 330)

Radio

;);)

Hello everyone, Welcome to DAY 1 of “LIVE” from Grandeur of the Seas. . .

I left the house this morning at 10:30 AM and had no worries getting to the Pier. There was no traffic, and no congestion. (Thanks Google Maps) I arrived to Cruise Maryland by about 10:50 and was directed to the Luggage drop off area. . .

While I was unloading bags I was surprised to see that Boarding had already begun . . . What in the? Who in the? For the Love of? Wow . . . That was a shocker . . . I could have arrived at 10:30 and been one of the first passengers onboard.

I waited for a moment or two to pay for parking. . . I quickly parked the car and carried in all of our carryons. The Security line was short and the check in was very fast. I was on the ship before 11:30. This seemed much better than I remembered on Enchantment of the Seas !

I couldn’t get to my cabin before 1:30, so we just had some Honey Stung Chicken in the Windjammer, and I think I may have consumed a coffee (or two). My Luggage arrive in the Cabin around 2PM, and I am posting from the Radio Press Room (Deck 7 Balcony). Muster Drill is at 3:15, and Sail away is scheduled for 4PM.

I have a few more things to do before sail away, so here are a few pics from our arrival. There should be many more pics of Sail away and Grandeur of the Seas later tonight after dinner. Thanks for all of the nice comments, and Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

My first glimpse from I-95 South

A27.JPG

We get in Line for Luggage Drop Off

A2.JPG

Parking is only $15 Per Night (Cash or Credit)

A5.JPG

It feels good to be back

A6.JPG

Check In was a breeze. . .

A8.JPG

We made it !

A15.JPG

I waited for a moment or two to pay for parking. . . I quickly parked the car and carried in all of our carryons. The Security line was short and the check in was very fast. I was on the ship before 11:30. This seemed much better than I remembered on Enchantment of the Seas !

EOTS has been stretched - so more people and less places for them.

Archived