Rome In Limo - Continuation of Previous Thread, Community Guidelines Apply

palermo22

We have used Romeinlimo on two different Mediterranean cruises for several ports we did Palermo, Rome, Naples,Messina, Florence and several others. they are awesome they really are top notch. like I said we used them on two different trips and I would use them again in a heartbeat. The drivers are awesome they tell you about the history they make sure you have a good time, answer all your questions they’re so nice and polite. A couple of her drivers even put on some music we requested and everybody in the van was singing ..the driver was singing to us in Italian and it was just an awesome tor and excellent experience thanks to Romeinlimo. I also wanted to add if you’re ever in Florence you need to eat at a restaurant called Cosa Toscana it was recommended by Romeinlimo driver and it’s right there off the Square it is awesome and the best lasagna you will ever eat and if you tell them you want to go there they’ll take you there .

My son and i used Rome in Limo for tours when we were on a Carnival cruise of the Mediterranean. Loved both tours we took. one in Rome including the Vatican, the other was Pompeii and surrounding areas. At the Vatican, we just went straight in by passing all the lines waiting. Our guide was so knowledgeable and delightful. With both tours, we never felt rushed and you could just feel the pride that these people felt for their country. If I am lucky enough to return to Italy (well i did throw a coin in the Trevi fountain), I will definitely use RIL again.

May I ask a question here?

The two of us are considering setting up a small shared tour.

This would be for next year.

I am looking at the shared tour website, and it is like I am not really seeing many tours being set up and filled?

Can I hope that this will work, and maybe two other couples would join our tour?

Do these shared tours get filled up and closed quickly? Is that why there are very few showing up?

Or, is there a good chance that this might not happen.

Thanks for any insight!

Hi wishing on a star, nice name. My experience on the shared tour site of rome in limo was very good.

I was worried that I would be reponsible for more than i wanted to pay BUT it does fill up 3 weeks before the cruise. Remember you can cancel if you like a few weeks before with no penalty. My rome in limo driver was professional and knew how to navigate the streets of rome. The tour gets you back to the ship on time and it is nice to go with a small group.

I did not realize i had to purchase tickets to the Vatican many months before. It gets sold out to the public and for a modest fee you can get them through rome in limo. The other thing that I can reccomend is that you pay for the private tour guide of the Vatican. If you get 6-8 people in the group it is not expensive and the value for money is amazing. Our guide had a phd in archeology and he was able to help our group navigate the highlights of the vaticans extensive amazing collection of psintings and srtifacts. I had no idea da vinci painted acvurate maps of the area. I was so surprised that michealangelos creation was so small....

We drove up to tge colleseum but did not go on a tour . No time and too many things to see.Rome is expensive you may not want to buy things there. I took Joe bananas "godfather tour" i shated some one elses tour. It was my favourite. Messina was amazing. Positano was lovely. Not much time to shop but heaven on earth.

I went to amalfi on my own. If you want to do Capri on your own you hafe to get up early to catch the hovercraft. The boat went to salerno but I got off the boat too late so i caught a ferry 8 euros each way to amalfi. I would go back to amalfi in a heart beat. I purchased an amazing bag (not cheap 200euros) but i am so glad i have it. I also got some blue leather shoes. Amalfi needs at least 3 to 4 hours.

Good luck with your research if you need a contact for taiwan i have one too. Now i am organizing tours for my february asia cruise. If you have any ideas id be glad for any info.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Forums mobile app

We have booked RomeInLimo for all three of our Italy stops - and everything I have read about them has been top-notch. They have suggested that we use a private guide on our tour of the Vatican at a cost of 150 Euros. Just wondering if anyone has used the private guide provided/suggested by RomeInLimo and either glad they did or thought it was a waste of money. Perhaps others have used private guides through other tour services as well - perhaps they can comment on this question as well.

We used one in Pompeii and it was SO worth it.

We are a group of 9, from the age 8 to 88, and we all had a great time with RIL! We toured Rome in three days with them and took the day trip from Rome to Pompeii. We had the luck to have Stefano and Max as our drivers. They both are punctual, courteous, personal, informative and knowledgeable! We are SO lucky to have them for our 4-day pre-cruise in July! We visited all the sites that we wanted to visit in Rome, never felt rushed, they made sure that we felt comfortable at all times! They are so passionate about their city, they wanted to show EVERYTHING about the beautiful Eternity City to us! You will never go wrong with any driver of RIL! I recommend them to all my friends who would go to Rome!

Awesome night tour of Rome. We saw all the highlights and other sights we asked to see all in three hours. Stephan our driver brought us to a beautiful lookout point towards the end of the tour. He poured us a glass of chilled Prosecco while we took in the city lights !!

• 2 weeks later...

We have just returned from a cruise that included three trips with Romeinlimo and I must say our time with them was the highlight of our 9 day cruise. Last year we experienced the quality of their private tours in Florence and Rome so we were excited to use them again this year when our ship docked in Sicily, Naples, and Rome. As others have said, a private tour with Romeinlimo is a little more costly, however, it it well worth it. Listening to great commentary as you drive easily through the Italian countryside cannot be compared to huge groups on a bus using audio headsets. In Sicily, we were able to makes stops between our visits to Mt Etna and Taormina , stopping to see vineyards and taste wine from the barrel. We also stopped to taste local honey and olive oil, and saw the sight of the miracle of the lava. Our driver also stopped so we could take pictures of the Mediterranean from up high.

In Naples our driver was able to organize our day so we weren’t dealing with all the buses and traffic on the drive to the Amalfi coast. Romeinlimo also arranged a private guide (100€) for our tour of Pompeii. She was amazing and you shouldn’t visit this historical site without a guide.

And finally, we used a Romeinlimo driver to pick us up at the port and drive us to our hotel and then he returned the next day to take us to the airport. The price was almost the same as a taxi and so much better. He arrived at our hotel early and was already putting our luggage in the car when we got to the door. Our driver was a wealth of information and helped us navigate the VAT process at the Rome airport!

I would highly recommend RIL. Our experiences with them have been five star!

We have been to Rome many times.

We have used different services.

Today was our first time using Rome In Limo.

CruiserBruce if you are reading this I thought about you as you often recommend this company.

Our tour guide, the tour (Hidden Rome) and Rome In Limo was fantastic.

We saw some places for the very first time which was the purpose of the tour.

Revisited a few places which we wanted to do.

The tour guide was magnificent.

Excellent knowledge. Spoke English very well. In fact better than most people in the USA.

Very personable and courteous.

All in all a wonderful day.

Keith

CruiserBruce if you are reading this I thought about you as you often recommend this company.

Excellent knowledge. Spoke English very well. In fact better than most people in the USA.

Keith

Wouldn't be surprised if his name was Enrico or Nicolai.....both just wonderful

Enrico. ;p

Keith

OH!! He is wonderful, that was our last driver too...but he was so much more than just a driver. We had such a great day with him for our last day in Rome. We had a pretty large list of places we wanted to see, which were not the normal sites on tours as this was our 3rd visit to Rome and he got us to all of them with time to spare for a wonderful lunch!

Can't recommend him highly enough!! :)

I am still 319 days (but who's counting) from my first ever visit to Europe. I am already researching and reserving tours. My mom and I always wanted to go to Italy but she was sick the last 20 years of her life and passed last September so I made it a point to make it here for both of us! :*

I was talking to a friend who went to Italy this year and said that Palatine Hill was her most favorite thing! More so than than any of the other usual sites. I admit to not reading this entire thread yet but for those who are still following it, can you advise if both Stefano and Romeinlimo both go to Palatine Hill? We are in port from 7 am until 7 pm!

• 2 weeks later...

Keith

This is amazing Keith, can you please give me a detailed review of what you were able to cover in a day, PLEASE?

This is amazing Keith, can you please give me a detailed review of what you were able to cover in a day, PLEASE?

We did a six hour tour.

This is a trip report from our tour:

Our tour began with a drive outside the city to visits some of the older areas and sites including Appian Way which was used as the express road back in the days of the Romans to get between Rome and Naples Enrico pointed out the original stones and explained the construction of the road.

Our next stop was the Catacombs which included a maze of underground Christian cemeteries dating back to the first century. Tours were given based on ones language and our tour was given to the two of us plus three other people. The person giving this tour was very knowledgeable.

We continued to the Park of the Aqueducts which was one of the aqueducts carrying large amounts of water into the city. We returned to the city and drove to the other side of the Tiber to visit the bohemian side of the city.

During the tour we revisited the key hole. If you look through the hole you can see the St Peter's Basilica. We visited the oldest Cathedral of Rome which is the oldest cathedral in all of Rome recognizing the Vatican is located in Vatican City. We visited a couple of other Cathedrals. We also went to the Piazza Del Campidoglio and took in stunning views of the Ancient City. We made other stops including one near the Pyramid.

We had lunch at a local restaurant called Il Corallo where we enjoyed Pizza, Salad and of course Italian Wine.

Some photos: (Please note that photos were not allowed inside the Catacombs)

dsc00040_1_orig.jpg

dsc00031_orig.jpg

dsc00070_2_orig.jpgdsc00080_1_orig.jpg

dsc00065_2_orig.jpg

Just wanted to say did a mixed Rome tour with RIL last week. Great experience. The extra for the Vatican guide was indispensable and the driver was fantastic. Even though drivers are technically not tour guides, ours was and often pulled over to talk to us about what we were seeing. Even stopped at a grocery store for us on the way back to the ship!

Highly recommend RIL to anyone.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2018 at 9:25 AM, Keith1010 said:

We did a six hour tour.

This is a trip report from our tour:

Our tour began with a drive outside the city to visits some of the older areas and sites including Appian Way which was used as the express road back in the days of the Romans to get between Rome and Naples Enrico pointed out the original stones and explained the construction of the road.

Our next stop was the Catacombs which included a maze of underground Christian cemeteries dating back to the first century. Tours were given based on ones language and our tour was given to the two of us plus three other people. The person giving this tour was very knowledgeable.

We continued to the Park of the Aqueducts which was one of the aqueducts carrying large amounts of water into the city. We returned to the city and drove to the other side of the Tiber to visit the bohemian side of the city.

During the tour we revisited the key hole. If you look through the hole you can see the St Peter's Basilica. We visited the oldest Cathedral of Rome which is the oldest cathedral in all of Rome recognizing the Vatican is located in Vatican City. We visited a couple of other Cathedrals. We also went to the Piazza Del Campidoglio and took in stunning views of the Ancient City. We made other stops including one near the Pyramid.

We had lunch at a local restaurant called Il Corallo where we enjoyed Pizza, Salad and of course Italian Wine.

Some photos: (Please note that photos were not allowed inside the Catacombs)

dsc00040_1_orig.jpg

dsc00031_orig.jpg

dsc00070_2_orig.jpgdsc00080_1_orig.jpg

dsc00065_2_orig.jpg

Thank you very much for your detailed review, really appreciate it.

We used Rome in Limo recently while on our Symphony Med cruise. Our ship docked at La Spezia and we were met by our driver Vinny, who was charming and gave us a lot of info on the countryside leading to Florence. 

There were 4 of us in a Mercedes van, which made it very comfortable for my long-legged husband. We were able to make a comfort stop in each direction, which was a great help for older people on medication!

We started our Florence visit at Piazzale Michelangelo for the fabulous view, then went to the city where we stopped at the San Lorenzo marketplace and viewed the church and piazza, picking up some souvenirs, then  a drive past several other key sites. We had a restaurant in mind near the Ponte Vecchio that had been recommended to us, where we had a fabulous lunch including some gluten-free pasta for DH. We shopped for a while, ate gelato, walked the Ponte Vecchio and met Vinny at our arranged spot for the drive back.

We spent less than we would have for 4 of us on a ship bus. My husband especially appreciated having extra leg room and we all liked that we were able to stop where we liked without keeping up with a group. We would certainly recommend their services and would gladly book again.

Barb in GA 

On 9/21/2018 at 5:31 PM, Keith1010 said:

Keith

Hi Keith

Can you please advice if the price includes entrance fees?

14 minutes ago, samavarcruiser said:

Hi Keith

Can you please advice if the price includes entrance fees?

samavarcrusier....The entrance fee was not included which we were told about at the time of booking. The cost of the entrance fee was $8.00 (Euros) per person.

Keith

On 10/29/2018 at 9:04 AM, Keith1010 said:

samavarcrusier....The entrance fee was not included which we were told about at the time of booking. The cost of the entrance fee was $8.00 (Euros) per person.

Keith

Thank you for your answer to my question Keith.

We were on the Symphony of the Seas on Oct. 14. We used RIL in Florence/Pisa, Rome and Naples. We've used RIL previously and they were great. The drivers were well informed and would do anything you'd like to make the tours pleasurable. Our first tour was a private wine tasting in Tuscany. It was the highlight of our trip. We were the only people on the wine tasting. We were treated like VIPs. After the tour, the Family Chef made us lunch and we tasted 7-10 wines. What an unforgettable experience! Rome was great as well, we had toured Rome before but we were with cousins and wanted to experience it again. Our nephew is stationed in Naples and met us in Rome. Our driver went out of his way to pick our nephew up at the hostel he was staying at. The tour was great, the Vatican and catacombs as well as the Rome highlights were a sight to see (even for the second time). Naples was terrific, we chose the tour that took us to Sorrento, Positano, Amalfi and Ravello! Most tours end in Positano, I'm really happy we went a bit further, to Amalfi and Ravello. We had lunch in Ravello overlooking the water....Gorgeous! RIL's drivers are well informed and will stop anywhere you'd like for a photo or for a quick cappuccino.They recommended great places for food and shopping. We will definitely be using RIL every time we are in Italy! Bravo RIL! 

• 2 weeks later...