Cruise Critic Community
palermo22

Rome In Limo - Continuation of Previous Thread, Community Guidelines Apply

Recently back from a trip to Italy, and once again used Romeinlimo. Their drivers and guides are professional and offer top notch service...consistently!  I would not hesitate to recommend this company.

We toured with RIL in 2013 and found the entire tour to be fantastic, including the Vatican private guide. That being said, I cannot remember the name of the restaurant that had a couple steps down to enter and then served our table of 8 a fantastic Italian family style meal. My husbands favorite meal of our entire trip, but, we failed to get a picture and now cannot remember the name. While I know there are 100's, if not thousands of restaurants, I believe it was near the Vatican as that was our following stop. Would anyone by chance give a shot of the name from my bare description? I would love to revisit in October of this year.

I have used Rome In Limo for well over 5 years plus.  Each and every Private Tour has been exceptional.  High quality guides and drivers.  I spent 4 days in Rome last week and used their services 3 times.  A Private tour of Rome, A private tour of Umbria and a Private Vatican guide.  All well worth the cost.  I cannot state enough how wonderful working with Jany at Rome In Limo has been.  She answers my questions immediately and always professional and friendly.

We have been looking at tours with Rome In Limo for our B2B cruises next year.  The question I have is concerning payment.  I understand that they want cash (euros) at time of tour.  How do you all handle carrying that much cash around especially if you are planning on several tours with them in multiple locations?  I understand that most would say to stop at an ATM but I'm concerned about finding ATMs that are convenient to our locations and having to find one every day to pay for our tours or getting enough euros to pay for all tours and having to carry it around.  Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.  😃

As a Travel Agent, I use Rome in Limo exclusively for private tours in Italy. They're excellent service and wonderful tours are why I am always confident that my clients will come home raving about their time in Italy. Do not hesitate to book them, you will be glad you did.  

On 9/19/2019 at 2:15 PM, CruiserFromSC said:

We have been looking at tours with Rome In Limo for our B2B cruises next year.  The question I have is concerning payment.  I understand that they want cash (euros) at time of tour.  How do you all handle carrying that much cash around especially if you are planning on several tours with them in multiple locations?  I understand that most would say to stop at an ATM but I'm concerned about finding ATMs that are convenient to our locations and having to find one every day to pay for our tours or getting enough euros to pay for all tours and having to carry it around.  Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.  😃

We purchase euros from our bank before leaving home and I prepare an envelope for each tour day including tour info, tour amount, tip and a little extra cash. Once on board, all the envelopes go into the safe and we only take the one with us for that day. No worries about finding an atm or walking around with a lot of cash - just enjoy the tour. This has worked well for us - hope it helps!

1 hour ago, donandphy said:

We purchase euros from our bank before leaving home and I prepare an envelope for each tour day including tour info, tour amount, tip and a little extra cash. Once on board, all the envelopes go into the safe and we only take the one with us for that day. No worries about finding an atm or walking around with a lot of cash - just enjoy the tour. This has worked well for us - hope it helps!

How do you get from your home to the ship? Walking around with a lot of cash!! Yes, you need to find an ATM, but they are pretty much on every corner, and sometimes many in the same intersection.

On 9/22/2019 at 5:22 PM, donandphy said:

This is what we have done in the past also.  As far as carrying cash my DH uses a "hidden pocket" when we are out so we have no worries about pick pockets.  Here's a link to the one we have:

https://www.amazon.com/Eagle-Creek-Travel-Undercover-Hidden/dp/B0054IH9IE/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=hidden+pocket&qid=1569460987&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Just back from our Cruise and we used RomeinLimo 3 port package.  The service and drivers were so fantastic I felt I needed to get a review out here for the CruiseCritic group.  We booked the 3 port package (Naples, Rome & Florence) to maximize our time in our cruise ports and I have to say it was the absolute best decision we made for our trip.

Upon arrival at the port it was super easy to find our driver in each port. They all had our name on a sign and the minute we met each other we were whisked away before our the other hundreds of cruise ship passengers arrived at the sites.

Naples - our driver was Giovani .....so knowledgeable and when a terrible wreck on the main road to Positano closed the road, he knew the back way and we were able to stay on track with our visit. After time in Positano and Sorrento, we went to Pompei and had a private guide. It was highly suggested by RomeinLimo and honestly was another great decision. Our guide Lucio had a passion for Pompei, knew how to navigate without getting mixed in with the masses and really made the visit so memorable.

Rome - our driver was Enrico and we just LOVED Enrico. So knowledgeable, helpful and overall felt like we made a friend for life. Rome was my favorite of all of our stops and this was due in part to how efficient Enrico made our day. We visited all the top sites and then went onto Vatican City for our private guide Massimo - once again a fantastic decision. He was employed by Vatican City and he was able to cut lines, move through the crowd with ease, etc. Best decision again!

Florence - our driver was Vinny and his love for his city was apparent from the start, he was so fantastic and again knew how to navigate the city when yet another wreck stopped traffic, giving us a view of the Tuscan countryside as we went a different way into Florence.

If you are a cruise ship passenger, if you take one thing from this review it is that you should spend this money for private drivers - it will maximize your trip ten-fold! You really get maximize the time you have in these cities so much more effectively and the guides, drivers, etc. are simply the best!

We paid $1400 ish USD and it was just my husband and I.   You can get this cost down by inviting others from your rollcall - the tour would still be the same.   We were going to places that the cruise ship tour passengers couldn't reach, we saw so much in our limited time.   

On 9/30/2019 at 9:34 PM, Elationismyship said:

Just back from our Cruise and we used RomeinLimo 3 port package.  The service and drivers were so fantastic I felt I needed to get a review out here for the CruiseCritic group.  We booked the 3 port package (Naples, Rome & Florence) to maximize our time in our cruise ports and I have to say it was the absolute best decision we made for our trip.

Upon arrival at the port it was super easy to find our driver in each port. They all had our name on a sign and the minute we met each other we were whisked away before our the other hundreds of cruise ship passengers arrived at the sites.

Naples - our driver was Giovani .....so knowledgeable and when a terrible wreck on the main road to Positano closed the road, he knew the back way and we were able to stay on track with our visit. After time in Positano and Sorrento, we went to Pompei and had a private guide. It was highly suggested by RomeinLimo and honestly was another great decision. Our guide Lucio had a passion for Pompei, knew how to navigate without getting mixed in with the masses and really made the visit so memorable.

Rome - our driver was Enrico and we just LOVED Enrico. So knowledgeable, helpful and overall felt like we made a friend for life. Rome was my favorite of all of our stops and this was due in part to how efficient Enrico made our day. We visited all the top sites and then went onto Vatican City for our private guide Massimo - once again a fantastic decision. He was employed by Vatican City and he was able to cut lines, move through the crowd with ease, etc. Best decision again!

Florence - our driver was Vinny and his love for his city was apparent from the start, he was so fantastic and again knew how to navigate the city when yet another wreck stopped traffic, giving us a view of the Tuscan countryside as we went a different way into Florence.

If you are a cruise ship passenger, if you take one thing from this review it is that you should spend this money for private drivers - it will maximize your trip ten-fold! You really get maximize the time you have in these cities so much more effectively and the guides, drivers, etc. are simply the best!

We paid $1400 ish USD and it was just my husband and I.   You can get this cost down by inviting others from your rollcall - the tour would still be the same.   We were going to places that the cruise ship tour passengers couldn't reach, we saw so much in our limited time.   

Thank you so very much for sharing your experience with us, I am looking to book my 2020  shore excursions with them and use my roll call to share the tours with others.

We have used Rome In Limo twice now and recommended them to many others.  We used them last year when we were on the Symphony of the Seas.  Since we had been to Italy before we wanted to do something different this time in Tuscany.  We asked them to arrange a wine tasting and boy were we blown away.  Besides a tour of the vineyard, we must have sampled 8+ wines.  We were served appetizers and a 5 course lunch with a different wine for each course.  It was one of the best things we ever did.

Our nephew is stationed in Naples.  He took the train into Rome the night before and our Rome In Limo driver went to the hostel where our nephew was staying to pick him up (which he didn't have to do) before we started our tour.  When it was time for us to get back to the ship our driver dropped our nephew off at a convenient spot for him to take the train back to Naples.  

While on the tour in Rome we contacted Rome In Limo to see if we could book a tour for the next day in Naples and they were very accommodating.  We are so grateful to Rome In Limo for letting us spend so much quality time with our nephew especially at short notice.

In our opinion having the private tour guide for an add'l cost at the Vatican is a MUST.  I couldn't believe the volume of people this time as opposed to the last time we were there.  Having a private tour guide helps you immensely when trying to navigate in such a huge crowd.  The guide is so knowledgeable and you can tell they really love what they do.  It sure makes the tour so much more enjoyable when someone is actually telling you what your looking at and giving you a few tidbits about the history or story behind the piece your looking at.

The best part is Rome In Limo does accept credit card payments up to 10 days prior to the tour and they usually offer winter prepayment promotions during which they offer add'l discounts.  You couldn't go wrong with Rome In Lime.  Check them out...www.romeinlimo.com