Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
palermo22

Rome In Limo - Continuation of Previous Thread, Community Guidelines Apply

Recommended Posts

Recently back from a trip to Italy, and once again used Romeinlimo. Their drivers and guides are professional and offer top notch service...consistently!  I would not hesitate to recommend this company.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We toured with RIL in 2013 and found the entire tour to be fantastic, including the Vatican private guide. That being said, I cannot remember the name of the restaurant that had a couple steps down to enter and then served our table of 8 a fantastic Italian family style meal. My husbands favorite meal of our entire trip, but, we failed to get a picture and now cannot remember the name. While I know there are 100's, if not thousands of restaurants, I believe it was near the Vatican as that was our following stop. Would anyone by chance give a shot of the name from my bare description? I would love to revisit in October of this year.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have used Rome In Limo for well over 5 years plus.  Each and every Private Tour has been exceptional.  High quality guides and drivers.  I spent 4 days in Rome last week and used their services 3 times.  A Private tour of Rome, A private tour of Umbria and a Private Vatican guide.  All well worth the cost.  I cannot state enough how wonderful working with Jany at Rome In Limo has been.  She answers my questions immediately and always professional and friendly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have been looking at tours with Rome In Limo for our B2B cruises next year.  The question I have is concerning payment.  I understand that they want cash (euros) at time of tour.  How do you all handle carrying that much cash around especially if you are planning on several tours with them in multiple locations?  I understand that most would say to stop at an ATM but I'm concerned about finding ATMs that are convenient to our locations and having to find one every day to pay for our tours or getting enough euros to pay for all tours and having to carry it around.  Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.  😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a Travel Agent, I use Rome in Limo exclusively for private tours in Italy. They're excellent service and wonderful tours are why I am always confident that my clients will come home raving about their time in Italy. Do not hesitate to book them, you will be glad you did.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2019 at 2:15 PM, CruiserFromSC said:

We have been looking at tours with Rome In Limo for our B2B cruises next year.  The question I have is concerning payment.  I understand that they want cash (euros) at time of tour.  How do you all handle carrying that much cash around especially if you are planning on several tours with them in multiple locations?  I understand that most would say to stop at an ATM but I'm concerned about finding ATMs that are convenient to our locations and having to find one every day to pay for our tours or getting enough euros to pay for all tours and having to carry it around.  Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.  😃

 

We purchase euros from our bank before leaving home and I prepare an envelope for each tour day including tour info, tour amount, tip and a little extra cash. Once on board, all the envelopes go into the safe and we only take the one with us for that day. No worries about finding an atm or walking around with a lot of cash - just enjoy the tour. This has worked well for us - hope it helps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, donandphy said:

 

We purchase euros from our bank before leaving home and I prepare an envelope for each tour day including tour info, tour amount, tip and a little extra cash. Once on board, all the envelopes go into the safe and we only take the one with us for that day. No worries about finding an atm or walking around with a lot of cash - just enjoy the tour. This has worked well for us - hope it helps!

 How do you get from your home to the ship? Walking around with a lot of cash!! Yes, you need to find an ATM, but they are pretty much on every corner, and sometimes many in the same intersection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2019 at 5:22 PM, donandphy said:

 

We purchase euros from our bank before leaving home and I prepare an envelope for each tour day including tour info, tour amount, tip and a little extra cash. Once on board, all the envelopes go into the safe and we only take the one with us for that day. No worries about finding an atm or walking around with a lot of cash - just enjoy the tour. This has worked well for us - hope it helps!

This is what we have done in the past also.  As far as carrying cash my DH uses a "hidden pocket" when we are out so we have no worries about pick pockets.  Here's a link to the one we have:

https://www.amazon.com/Eagle-Creek-Travel-Undercover-Hidden/dp/B0054IH9IE/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=hidden+pocket&qid=1569460987&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just back from our Cruise and we used RomeinLimo 3 port package.  The service and drivers were so fantastic I felt I needed to get a review out here for the CruiseCritic group.  We booked the 3 port package (Naples, Rome & Florence) to maximize our time in our cruise ports and I have to say it was the absolute best decision we made for our trip.

Upon arrival at the port it was super easy to find our driver in each port. They all had our name on a sign and the minute we met each other we were whisked away before our the other hundreds of cruise ship passengers arrived at the sites.

Naples - our driver was Giovani .....so knowledgeable and when a terrible wreck on the main road to Positano closed the road, he knew the back way and we were able to stay on track with our visit. After time in Positano and Sorrento, we went to Pompei and had a private guide. It was highly suggested by RomeinLimo and honestly was another great decision. Our guide Lucio had a passion for Pompei, knew how to navigate without getting mixed in with the masses and really made the visit so memorable.

Rome - our driver was Enrico and we just LOVED Enrico. So knowledgeable, helpful and overall felt like we made a friend for life. Rome was my favorite of all of our stops and this was due in part to how efficient Enrico made our day. We visited all the top sites and then went onto Vatican City for our private guide Massimo - once again a fantastic decision. He was employed by Vatican City and he was able to cut lines, move through the crowd with ease, etc. Best decision again!

Florence - our driver was Vinny and his love for his city was apparent from the start, he was so fantastic and again knew how to navigate the city when yet another wreck stopped traffic, giving us a view of the Tuscan countryside as we went a different way into Florence.

If you are a cruise ship passenger, if you take one thing from this review it is that you should spend this money for private drivers - it will maximize your trip ten-fold! You really get maximize the time you have in these cities so much more effectively and the guides, drivers, etc. are simply the best!

 

We paid $1400 ish USD and it was just my husband and I.   You can get this cost down by inviting others from your rollcall - the tour would still be the same.   We were going to places that the cruise ship tour passengers couldn't reach, we saw so much in our limited time.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2019 at 9:34 PM, Elationismyship said:

Just back from our Cruise and we used RomeinLimo 3 port package.  The service and drivers were so fantastic I felt I needed to get a review out here for the CruiseCritic group.  We booked the 3 port package (Naples, Rome & Florence) to maximize our time in our cruise ports and I have to say it was the absolute best decision we made for our trip.

Upon arrival at the port it was super easy to find our driver in each port. They all had our name on a sign and the minute we met each other we were whisked away before our the other hundreds of cruise ship passengers arrived at the sites.

Naples - our driver was Giovani .....so knowledgeable and when a terrible wreck on the main road to Positano closed the road, he knew the back way and we were able to stay on track with our visit. After time in Positano and Sorrento, we went to Pompei and had a private guide. It was highly suggested by RomeinLimo and honestly was another great decision. Our guide Lucio had a passion for Pompei, knew how to navigate without getting mixed in with the masses and really made the visit so memorable.

Rome - our driver was Enrico and we just LOVED Enrico. So knowledgeable, helpful and overall felt like we made a friend for life. Rome was my favorite of all of our stops and this was due in part to how efficient Enrico made our day. We visited all the top sites and then went onto Vatican City for our private guide Massimo - once again a fantastic decision. He was employed by Vatican City and he was able to cut lines, move through the crowd with ease, etc. Best decision again!

Florence - our driver was Vinny and his love for his city was apparent from the start, he was so fantastic and again knew how to navigate the city when yet another wreck stopped traffic, giving us a view of the Tuscan countryside as we went a different way into Florence.

If you are a cruise ship passenger, if you take one thing from this review it is that you should spend this money for private drivers - it will maximize your trip ten-fold! You really get maximize the time you have in these cities so much more effectively and the guides, drivers, etc. are simply the best!

 

We paid $1400 ish USD and it was just my husband and I.   You can get this cost down by inviting others from your rollcall - the tour would still be the same.   We were going to places that the cruise ship tour passengers couldn't reach, we saw so much in our limited time.   

 

Thank you so very much for sharing your experience with us, I am looking to book my 2020  shore excursions with them and use my roll call to share the tours with others.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have used Rome In Limo twice now and recommended them to many others.  We used them last year when we were on the Symphony of the Seas.  Since we had been to Italy before we wanted to do something different this time in Tuscany.  We asked them to arrange a wine tasting and boy were we blown away.  Besides a tour of the vineyard, we must have sampled 8+ wines.  We were served appetizers and a 5 course lunch with a different wine for each course.  It was one of the best things we ever did.

 

Our nephew is stationed in Naples.  He took the train into Rome the night before and our Rome In Limo driver went to the hostel where our nephew was staying to pick him up (which he didn't have to do) before we started our tour.  When it was time for us to get back to the ship our driver dropped our nephew off at a convenient spot for him to take the train back to Naples.  

 

While on the tour in Rome we contacted Rome In Limo to see if we could book a tour for the next day in Naples and they were very accommodating.  We are so grateful to Rome In Limo for letting us spend so much quality time with our nephew especially at short notice.

 

In our opinion having the private tour guide for an add'l cost at the Vatican is a MUST.  I couldn't believe the volume of people this time as opposed to the last time we were there.  Having a private tour guide helps you immensely when trying to navigate in such a huge crowd.  The guide is so knowledgeable and you can tell they really love what they do.  It sure makes the tour so much more enjoyable when someone is actually telling you what your looking at and giving you a few tidbits about the history or story behind the piece your looking at.

 

The best part is Rome In Limo does accept credit card payments up to 10 days prior to the tour and they usually offer winter prepayment promotions during which they offer add'l discounts.  You couldn't go wrong with Rome In Lime.  Check them out...www.romeinlimo.com 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having used Rome In Limo several times I couldn't be happier with them.  As far as charging your tour, if memory serves me correctly, I think you can charge your tour up to 10 days before.  So you don't have to carry that much cash.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I began using Rome in Limo in 2003, and it had been a love affair ever since! This company is hands down the very best in Italy, and probably anywhere in Europe. The level of service they provide is superb. From all of the pre-planning done with Jany in their office to the final driver drop off at the end of a holiday, no detail is missed and no question is left unanswered. And always with lots of patience and grace! This particular trip, my group of 6 adults traveled to Rome pre-cruise, then sailed Celebrity Edge from Civitavecchia. When we arrived at FCO, we used a fast-track concierge service to breeze us through immigration (highly recommend.) Our first driver was waiting at the pick up spot with a name sign (BTW, in the 20+ times I’ve had a RIL driver waiting on me, not once have they been late, or not positioned right in front with a sign waiting on me.) He assisted us with a porter to get the bags to the vehicle, got everything loaded in the van and had cold bottled water for us. All of RIL vehicles are new, clean Mercedes vans and sedans, air conditioned and extremely comfortable. He took us straight to our hotel, and we paid him his fee and gratuity. (All fees were pre-arranged with Jany for all of the booked services, I knew exactly the euros required for each and every transfer and tour and had pre ordered all of my euros in the US.) That evening we had an evening tour of Rome at night and our guide Luca was wonderful. He was funny, charming, knowledgeable and also knew we were a bit jet-lagged, so he navigated us through the city to some main sites: Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Forum, and the Vatican (amazing at night!) then some gelato and a skyline view of the city before retiring for the night back at the hotel. The next day, Luca picked us up and gave us a grand tour of his city: Coliseum, Pallentine, Forum, Pantheon, Circus Maximus, a real Sunday Supper in his own neighborhood and a trip to the Catacombs. His insight and historical knowledge was the highlight of this day. (There is no doubt after my years with RIL that owner Dumon seriously vets his guides...they are the best, English speaking, always charming and hospitable.) The next morning our transfer driver Gary picked us up right on time and we enjoyed a great ride to port, discussing all types of topics about life in Italy. Gary is also a huge Prince fan as am I, so we shared concert stories as well! 

Our cruise was to the Greek Isles and Amalfi, so we were able to use RIL at Catania and Naples. Our guide in Catania was Luca (not the same Luca!) and he, too, was wonderful. He picked us up right at the ship and whisked us through the city to Mt Etna where we experienced the volcano, and the delicious olive oils and honey at Oro d’Etna. The second half of the day we spent in the lovely town of Taormina, eating a delicious traditional Italian meal overlooking the sea. We thoroughly enjoyed our time with Luca. 
The cherry on top of this holiday had to be our time with Alex in Naples (my favorite destination on the planet!) Alex picked us up at port and took us to Positano and Sorrento...driving along Amalfi Coast is something not to be missed. We stopped for fresh squeezed juice and photos, taking in the majesty of our surroundings. Alex talked to us about life in these villages. In Sorrento, we walked and shopped, and then headed to the ferry to Capri. I had pre-purchased tickets, but while we shopped, Alex went and checked on our tickets and had them converted to vouchers for both the transfer and return to Naples. I would never had known to do that and he saved us time and a huge headache! I can’t say enough about how much we laughed with him and enjoyed the day. It was spectacular and so was he! We were on our own in Capri, but Alex did make an amazing restaurant recommendation and we had a fabulous meal looking out towards Amalfi and the sea. It was perfect! The final morning of the cruise, our transfer driver was promptly waiting outside the terminal to whisk us back to FCO, leaving the multitude of tour buses behind for the cattle, lol! Rome in Limo is a perfect way to enjoy all of the top destinations in Italy. I can’t speak highly enough about the service they provide, you beat the crowds, you don’t wait in lines, you get specialized itineraries and superb service. They are the very, very best at what they do. Grazie, grazie Rome in Limo! Il meglio! Kimberly, Atlanta, GA, USA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2019 at 2:27 PM, KDub91 said:

I began using Rome in Limo in 2003, and it had been a love affair ever since! This company is hands down the very best in Italy, and probably anywhere in Europe. The level of service they provide is superb. From all of the pre-planning done with Jany in their office to the final driver drop off at the end of a holiday, no detail is missed and no question is left unanswered. And always with lots of patience and grace! This particular trip, my group of 6 adults traveled to Rome pre-cruise, then sailed Celebrity Edge from Civitavecchia. When we arrived at FCO, we used a fast-track concierge service to breeze us through immigration (highly recommend.) Our first driver was waiting at the pick up spot with a name sign (BTW, in the 20+ times I’ve had a RIL driver waiting on me, not once have they been late, or not positioned right in front with a sign waiting on me.) He assisted us with a porter to get the bags to the vehicle, got everything loaded in the van and had cold bottled water for us. All of RIL vehicles are new, clean Mercedes vans and sedans, air conditioned and extremely comfortable. He took us straight to our hotel, and we paid him his fee and gratuity. (All fees were pre-arranged with Jany for all of the booked services, I knew exactly the euros required for each and every transfer and tour and had pre ordered all of my euros in the US.) That evening we had an evening tour of Rome at night and our guide Luca was wonderful. He was funny, charming, knowledgeable and also knew we were a bit jet-lagged, so he navigated us through the city to some main sites: Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Forum, and the Vatican (amazing at night!) then some gelato and a skyline view of the city before retiring for the night back at the hotel. The next day, Luca picked us up and gave us a grand tour of his city: Coliseum, Pallentine, Forum, Pantheon, Circus Maximus, a real Sunday Supper in his own neighborhood and a trip to the Catacombs. His insight and historical knowledge was the highlight of this day. (There is no doubt after my years with RIL that owner Dumon seriously vets his guides...they are the best, English speaking, always charming and hospitable.) The next morning our transfer driver Gary picked us up right on time and we enjoyed a great ride to port, discussing all types of topics about life in Italy. Gary is also a huge Prince fan as am I, so we shared concert stories as well! 

Our cruise was to the Greek Isles and Amalfi, so we were able to use RIL at Catania and Naples. Our guide in Catania was Luca (not the same Luca!) and he, too, was wonderful. He picked us up right at the ship and whisked us through the city to Mt Etna where we experienced the volcano, and the delicious olive oils and honey at Oro d’Etna. The second half of the day we spent in the lovely town of Taormina, eating a delicious traditional Italian meal overlooking the sea. We thoroughly enjoyed our time with Luca. 
The cherry on top of this holiday had to be our time with Alex in Naples (my favorite destination on the planet!) Alex picked us up at port and took us to Positano and Sorrento...driving along Amalfi Coast is something not to be missed. We stopped for fresh squeezed juice and photos, taking in the majesty of our surroundings. Alex talked to us about life in these villages. In Sorrento, we walked and shopped, and then headed to the ferry to Capri. I had pre-purchased tickets, but while we shopped, Alex went and checked on our tickets and had them converted to vouchers for both the transfer and return to Naples. I would never had known to do that and he saved us time and a huge headache! I can’t say enough about how much we laughed with him and enjoyed the day. It was spectacular and so was he! We were on our own in Capri, but Alex did make an amazing restaurant recommendation and we had a fabulous meal looking out towards Amalfi and the sea. It was perfect! The final morning of the cruise, our transfer driver was promptly waiting outside the terminal to whisk us back to FCO, leaving the multitude of tour buses behind for the cattle, lol! Rome in Limo is a perfect way to enjoy all of the top destinations in Italy. I can’t speak highly enough about the service they provide, you beat the crowds, you don’t wait in lines, you get specialized itineraries and superb service. They are the very, very best at what they do. Grazie, grazie Rome in Limo! Il meglio! Kimberly, Atlanta, GA, USA

 

 

Thanks a lot for sharing your detailed review Kimberly, I really appreciate it 🙂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

We booked several transfers and tours through Rome in Limo for our recent trip to Italy and couldn’t be happier with their service. The booking process was simple and I greatly appreciated being able to pay for most of the tours in advance. They even offered a discount for doing so. 

Our walking food tour with Dennis was so much fun and a great value as well. I highly recommend it if you visit Rome. Our day long tour of Rome with Stefano was a delight. We then were happily surprised to find he was also going to be our driver for our transfers to and from Tuscany. He made the ride so much more interesting and fun. 

Our shorter transfers were handled professionally and courteously as well. They were always on time (early actually), handled all of our luggage and got us to our destination safely and quickly. 

Overall, we have nothing but wonderful things to say about this company. 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have used RomeInLimo two times, most recently after our 10day European cruise on the Sapphire Princess Nov 10.   Both times we were treated like valued family members from a distant city. Luca was our driver both times and was eager to share his knowledge of history and show us the beautiful sites.  He arrived promptly at the ship terminal to pick us up, stowed our luggage in his vehicle while he drove us around the city.  He also watched over our things if we were out of the car, so there were no worries of what to do with our stuff.  He made sure we had rest breaks and took us to a restaurant near where he grew up for an authentic Italian lunch. Not pizza!  At the end of the day we were dropped at our hotel.   We highly recommend using RIL for your sight seeing needs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2019 at 12:33 PM, Pens fan said:

 

We booked several transfers and tours through Rome in Limo for our recent trip to Italy and couldn’t be happier with their service. The booking process was simple and I greatly appreciated being able to pay for most of the tours in advance. They even offered a discount for doing so. 

Our walking food tour with Dennis was so much fun and a great value as well. I highly recommend it if you visit Rome. Our day long tour of Rome with Stefano was a delight. We then were happily surprised to find he was also going to be our driver for our transfers to and from Tuscany. He made the ride so much more interesting and fun. 

Our shorter transfers were handled professionally and courteously as well. They were always on time (early actually), handled all of our luggage and got us to our destination safely and quickly. 

Overall, we have nothing but wonderful things to say about this company. 


 

 

Can you please give me more details about your walking tour of Rome? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, samavarcruiser said:

 

Can you please give me more details about your walking tour of Rome? 

 

Dennis met us at our hotel near the Pantheon and we spent several hours walking through Campo De’ Fiori and the various markets and restaurants in that area. We began at a pastry shop for cappuccino and cannoli. We moved on to a pizza shop, a store selling meats and cheeses and toured the Campo De’ Fiori market as well, sampling olive oils and balsamic vinegars and such. We ended at a lovely restaurant for a pasta lunch prepared by the most delightful lady in her 80’s.  
 

Dennis was engaging and so informative about what we were seeing and experiencing. The amount of food provided was surprising (in a good way!). We couldn’t begin to eat it all, so Dennis made sure any left overs were boxed up at each stop and we took it back to the hotel. All in all it was a terrific tour - maybe 3-4 hours in length. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2013 at 3:13 PM, palermo22 said:

We have booked RomeInLimo for all three of our Italy stops - and everything I have read about them has been top-notch. They have suggested that we use a private guide on our tour of the Vatican at a cost of 150 Euros. Just wondering if anyone has used the private guide provided/suggested by RomeInLimo and either glad they did or thought it was a waste of money. Perhaps others have used private guides through other tour services as well - perhaps they can comment on this question as well.

 

On 10/6/2016 at 6:12 AM, jesse said:

Our last trip to Italy both cruise and post cruise was fabulous, and Rome in Limo made it happen. We booked with Jany for day tours in Florence, Positano, Rome, Assisi, countryside, Pisa, and every day was perfect. We customized and were able to see so much more than big group tours, it's impossible to explain until you experience them for yourself. The reason we booked with Rome in Limo was because we have used them for as long as they have been in business, and their professionalism, customer service and attention to detail is exactly what we want and need when traveling, and has been consistent for all these years. We also have been with Rome in Limo in Sicily. That was also a great day trip. Even in Rome, our latest trip was a new adventure because Rome in Limo made sure we saw so many new aspects of Rome than our previous tour 2 years before. We are booked for 'Roots Tours' on our upcoming trip and will post about that soon.

Hi just curious does this tour group also do Venice and naples

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/16/2019 at 6:20 AM, sailaway2joy said:

We have used RomeInLimo two times, most recently after our 10day European cruise on the Sapphire Princess Nov 10.   Both times we were treated like valued family members from a distant city. Luca was our driver both times and was eager to share his knowledge of history and show us the beautiful sites.  He arrived promptly at the ship terminal to pick us up, stowed our luggage in his vehicle while he drove us around the city.  He also watched over our things if we were out of the car, so there were no worries of what to do with our stuff.  He made sure we had rest breaks and took us to a restaurant near where he grew up for an authentic Italian lunch. Not pizza!  At the end of the day we were dropped at our hotel.   We highly recommend using RIL for your sight seeing needs. 

sailaway2joy...I think we enjoyed the same driver...Luca!  We were with him on 11/18/2019, on the post-cruise 8 hour tour of Rome.  He was amazing!  We arranged on the RomeInLimo site for a 2:00 p.m. Vatican/Sistine Chapel/St. Peters tour, but outside of that, we just enjoyed his recommendations.  He did ask what kinds of sites we wanted to see, and he totally maximized our time.  We know we cannot see Rome in one day, but traveling this far was a new experience for us, and we wanted to see as much as we could.  He managed to get us to the Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, Colosseum, and drove past many other sites.  He still found time for us to stop for coffee, and also an amazing meal at an Osteria, where the fresh pasta was made right in the front window! We "front loaded" our cruise in Venice, and only had the day in Rome.  Luca gave us an amazing time! We definitely loved our time and want to go back.

Edited by DENIE
added content

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2019 at 2:20 PM, Pens fan said:

Dennis met us at our hotel near the Pantheon and we spent several hours walking through Campo De’ Fiori and the various markets and restaurants in that area. We began at a pastry shop for cappuccino and cannoli. We moved on to a pizza shop, a store selling meats and cheeses and toured the Campo De’ Fiori market as well, sampling olive oils and balsamic vinegars and such. We ended at a lovely restaurant for a pasta lunch prepared by the most delightful lady in her 80’s.  
 

Dennis was engaging and so informative about what we were seeing and experiencing. The amount of food provided was surprising (in a good way!). We couldn’t begin to eat it all, so Dennis made sure any left overs were boxed up at each stop and we took it back to the hotel. All in all it was a terrific tour - maybe 3-4 hours in length. 

 

Thank you for your detailed review, did you had a transportation included in your rate? how about the cost of the food and beverages?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Food and beverages were included.  It was a walking tour, so no transportation was required.  Dennis met us at our hotel which was an easy 5-10 minute walk to our first stop.  I'm sure if you were staying further away, they could make arrangements for you, though - possibly at an added cost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just returned from a Dec Rome trip plus 13 day cruise that left from and returned to Civitavecchia. We used Rome In Limo for all transfers plus a Christian themed cathedral tour while in Rome. This company is very well organized and very reliable. They are easy to deal with via email. All 3 transfers plus the tour went exactly as they had detailed. The drivers met us on time in the location they had designated. The vehicles used for each transfer were appropriate for all the luggage we had predicted for 3 people. The tour around Rome was with Enrico. He was a calm, cool driver in the crazy traffic of Rome. He knew his way around the city very effortlessly. Enrico spoke excellent English, which we needed since none of us can speak Italian. He was very knowledgeable about each stop on our tour and gave us lots of good background information. He also helped us arrange a wonderful lunch at a local restaurant. We highly recommend Rome In Limo and would definitely use them again if we are in Rome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Better late than never, but I really wanted to write a review for this company that provided an incredible day in Rome for me!  For the first time in my life, I was going to Europe, taking a transatlantic cruise from Rome back to Ft. Lauderdale.  The kicker…I was going by myself and I was flying out on October 30th, landing in Rome at around 8:30 am on the 31st.  I was boarding the ship on November 1st so I would only have the 31st to take in the sights of Rome (a place I’ve wanted to visit since I was a little girl).  I read everything I could online to try and decide how I would spend my time there from a DIY trip around town via HOHO buses to joining in with a tour of some kind.  I finally decided, after reading post upon post about how great Rome In Limo was, to reach out to them.  Yes, it may have cost a bit more than other options, but I decided if I’m going to do this, I wanted it to be a day to remember.  I emailed Jany and she promptly wrote me back suggesting I try the “Rome in a Day.”  I told her unfortunately, I wasn’t arriving until 8:30 that morning but she said they could tailor the day for me and how about they meet me at my hotel at 11:30 am. 

 

I knew it was going to be a time crunch, not to mention jet lag, so I had to rule out going on a tour through the Colosseum (next trip 😉), but I knew I had to see the Vatican while there.  I decided to go with one of their guides and she instructed me to buy my entrance ticket ahead of time, so now I was set!

 

Before my trip, she again emailed to verify all information and to let me know my driver would meet me at my hotel at 11:30 am on October 31st.  I so appreciated the excellent communication provided by this company.  It just reassured me that I had made the right decision in booking with Rome in Limo.

 

I had a wonderful trip across the Atlantic, virtually no sleep, but once in Rome, I was excited and taking all the scenery in from the airport to my hotel in the center of Rome. I checked in, went downstairs at 11:25 and there, waving to me with a big smile on his face was Marco, my driver for the day.  I jumped into the back of the beautiful Mercedes sedan and off we went!  I felt comfortable with Marco from the very beginning and I said, show me everything…and he did!  He took me to all the places I wanted to see and would either let me out and tell me where to walk/what to see, while circling around or would park and say, you must walk down this piazza, etc.  It was a beautiful day, gorgeous blue skies and every time I would walk through a different area, I’d look back and there would be Marco, smiling and waving to me.  I knew where he was, always. 

 

Prior to 2:00 pm Marco’s phone rang, and it was a call from the guide at the Vatican, just verifying where we were and where he would meet us.  Again, fantastic communication!  We pull up to the Vatican and there I meet Max!  Let me tell you about Max….I think he was the mayor of the Vatican!  Why…because everywhere we went, EVERYONE knew Max 😊.  From the security guards to other guides, everyone would yell MAX when we walked by.  This experience would not have been remotely as good if I’d just gone there by myself or with a group…it was Max and me.  He sat me down as soon as we got inside (which only took less than 5 minutes), pulled out his iPad and started showing/telling me things I would see and the stories behind them.  He not only was informative but very fun, witty and, well…I hit the jackpot that day!  Think about walking through the museum where there are tapestries hanging.  I probably would have looked at them and thought, that’s nice and kept on walking.  Not with Max!  He would position me in one part of the room and say, look at that one, what do you see?  After I would comment he would take me to another part of the room to look back at the same tapestry and he’d say, now what do you see?  Instead of the two people I’d seen before, now there were three!  Little things like that you would never have noticed if not for having a guide!  Because of everything he talked to me about, once we went into the Sistine Chapel where no talking or photography is allowed, I understood what I was seeing, and it made it so much more meaningful.  Walking around the grounds and then into St. Peter’s Basilica, same thing.  Pointing out things that I would never have noticed on my own.  It was incredible!  If you're lucky enough to get Max as a Vatican guide, you'll know what I mean!

 

I finally said, OK, I'm done, and he took me back to meet Marco, and off we went again!  Marco took me to the other places he felt I should see and the pictures I took that day were gorgeous!  Finally, around 5:00 PM I was starting to hit a wall, so I said, time to go back to the hotel.  By then, I felt like I had seen the city with two friends, not just guides.  Marco and Max helped me exceed all expectations of what I had hoped to do/see in Rome.  If you can have a perfect day, this was it! 

 

I know this was a long review but because of the many reviews I read before my trip, I felt like I needed to do the same.  I’ve told all my friends that when in Rome (or in Italy), you MUST go with Rome in Limo!  When I go back (not a question of if…but when), I will be using them again because it was money well spent and made for a perfect trip.  Thank you so much to Jany, Marco and Max!  You gave me my dream day in Rome! 

(Picture below is Max at the Vatican.  He offered to take my picture and I said, no, I'd rather have a picture of you)! 

image.png.9fd1049af9351f5c5c39a52ef2b27ee9.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...