Tasmania excursions

Hi Rene,

We are just North of you on Jog Rd in Sandhurst. About the distance between the forward and aft cabins of the Diamond. :D

I really wouldn't worry about when to do the Eagle Glide. I did a Zipline ride in Costa Rica a couple months ago; and it is similar except you are hooked directly to the line rather than sitting in the winged structure. It could easily be done right after eating, since it is a very smooth ride. It is quite exciting and oh so beautiful to soar above the trees.

Rather than using a tour service, we will be joining two other couples on our cruise and renting a van to get to the various locations. So I am not able to assist you with the Tigerline pricing.

Renee,

How did you do the tour to the wildlife park and Port Arthur all in one. When I asked Tigerline the response was it was not possible. If this was a private tour may I ask what the cost was? We will be on the Diamond on the 1st of February.

thanks,

David

Renee,

How did you do the tour to the wildlife park and Port Arthur all in one. When I asked Tigerline the response was it was not possible. If this was a private tour may I ask what the cost was? We will be on the Diamond on the 1st of February.

thanks,

David

Well, we did it - and with a hired coach with guide from Tigerline. Dec. 2003. I think the cost was $AUD650 - but not sure - I'd have to look it up - maybe less?? We had a small group (8) and the van could have held more PAX., but we didn't know they were bringing a 1 X 12 Van We had requested for just 8 ..... we left immediately at docking. We had a full day and saw everything I mentioned! We didn't dawdle at lunch - just grabbed a bite at Port Arthur - In fact they were having a huge contest splitting logs on the premises, It was fun to watch and, the Rotary, I think, had great food at a very nominal cost. There is also a cafeteria syle lunch counter.

We did Bonorong first - then The Steam Railroad ride, Richmond, Port Arthur, saw the towns with everything named named "DOO-----", The Blow-hole, Devil's Kitchen and even stopped along the way for the famous ice-cream. Our guide was wonderful - sorry I don't remember his name.

Let me know how you make out......you may mention my name - Renee Moss - Dec. 2003 - if it will help.........

Archived