Liberty Tours Jamaica, Custom Tours from Falmouth?

sundayb

• Administrators
As I said before on this post I DON'T agree that prices should be disclosed or even discussed on here. NO TOUR is exactly the same and has the same number of people going. I think LIBERTY TOURS JAMAICA is fabulous and is getting a bad name by all this price discussion. SO PLEASE STOP RIGHT NOW. NO MORE TALK ABOUT PRICES. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Novice, I am not gearing this towards you so please dont take my comments the wrong way, I think your previous posts are very nice and well said about LTJ.

I have to chime in on this: pricing is extremely important in any purchase. Everyone needs to do their "due diligence" and that should absolutely include a price comparison.

Just be sure you are comparing apples to apples!

Laura

I have to chime in on this: pricing is extremely important in any purchase. Everyone needs to do their "due diligence" and that should absolutely include a price comparison.

Just be sure you are comparing apples to apples!

Laura

Hi Laura,

Some tour guides provide quotes based on personal requirements rather, so what one party get quoted is likely be different to another party. One tour guide may provide a quote per person where other parties are in the van, and others provide quotes based on private excursions either for private groups. I agree, you need to compare apples with apples, and some responses, in my opinion, have not been fairly comparing apples with apples.

• Administrators

I'm really surprised by some of the comments in this thread. Here's what I see:

I see people copying and pasting reviews from other sites. This isn't allowed. Posting other member's comments from different threads to bolster your own opinions isn't allowed either (you may, however, LINK to another thread on Cruise Critic).

I see people posting about tour companies they haven't used; this ALSO isn't allowed.

I see opinions about how these forums should be used, and what should and shouldn't be discussed. Of COURSE pricing should be discussed. And yes, people should compare the same things but it isn't always that cut and dried.

Here's the bottom line: if you haven't taken a tour, you cannot say that you won't get your money's worth. You can't say "this tour operator is better, or you'll like him better, or he offers more" because you really don't know that.

Please keep your discussions to what you actually have experienced.

LauraS

Edited by LauraS

I have read how some people wanted to know prices of tours and some were not comfortable in stating the info but that's OK. FYI...this is the tour price I received last night in case you're interested in a tour pice and what is included.

Good Hope Great House Tour Montego Bay Highlights & Beach.

Great House: One of the older plantation properties in the Western Jamaica.

Sight Seeing: See a panoramic view of the city of Montego Bay.

Drive through Sam Sharpe Square where the rebellion took place.

Drive through the town also visit the local markets see different lifestyle of the locals.

Sample coconuts,sugar cane and other local fruits.

Scotches: Taste authentic jerk chicken prepared on pimento wood with rice & peas with a cold drink. [price of lunch not included]

Shopping: Purchase your souvenirs at discount prices (optional)

Duration of tour
: 3-4 hours

Things to carry
: camera, towel, change of clothing, sunscreen, water shoes, cash.

Entry Fee's:

Great House: $20.00 U.S.D per person

Private Tour/ Transport: $150.00 total for all 4 persons in your group.

• 3 months later...
Thank you for the concern, but the tour was for 2 adults and 2 children.. The cost of entrance does not exceed. We were asked to be part of a group of 8 only paying for our 4 .. No issues.

My point was expressed as a view that was obviously different from others.

Please worry no further.. Whatever we decide, I'm sure we will enjoy!

Hi Pebbles468,

I am in the process of planning a tour for when our cruise ship docks in Jamaica. I appreciate the information you posted in regards to the price differences of different tour companies. Do you mind revealing who you ultimately toured with, and whether or not you would recommend them? I can be reached at babyc16 @ hotmail dot com.

Thanks