Arrive in Dubrovnik at 8:00 and depart at 1:00.

reunion cruiser

I am trying to figure our how much time we actually have to tour . How soon after arrival can we get off the ship? How much before departure do we need to be back?

I am trying to figure out if I will have time to do both the wall and a city tour.

Thanks in advance.

Realistically, I think you'll have from two and a half to three hours to work with.

When you further figure in the trip from the ship to the old city, which is at least fifteen minutes in each direction, this is going to be a very brief stop.

I would stick with the old city and exit it on the sea side several times for the views.

I would tend to agree that the Old Town is a must see. It also depends on whether they dock or use tenders. It can always be suggester to them that deal with these things that a 2 hour extension be granted....you never know.

Brian

That is such a short amount of time! We were on Oceania about six or seven years ago - as I recall we arrived in Dubrovnik in the early evening one day and stayed until about 6 p.m. the following day. Even then, we found plenty to do and see just in the walled city. Cannot imagine having only half a day at most.

amt.of time for such a great city,Must admit it would have been a deal breaker for me.

I spent 2 days prior to a cruise there,and almost saw it all(briefly even then).

But would do half city wall on own,old town,etc.with only 3hrs.If docked you must take bus,taxi,etc.to town(or walk on street for 45 mins.,,,not recommended.)

Do check the Dubrovnik site on ports section for lots of info.

Oceania,if you check these social media sites,etc.PLEASE increase your time there.As said above,it would have made me choose a different ship.It is the hi lite of the Adriatic.Sad to have such LITTLE time.:(

This question is why I ALWAYS check the in port times of any cruise before booking. Spending so little time in a place like Dubrovnik is criminal.

I agree. When we were there several years ago on the R ship we overnighted. I am really surprised Oceania would do this short time in port. If you are not tendered in the Old Town then you will be a couple of miles away at the docks. Hopefully, O will provide a shuttle to the Old Town if you are docked. They didn't back when we were there.

I suspect the reason for the brief stop is other ships arriving. Dubrovnik appears to try and stagger arrivals and departures nowadays. I wondered why Oriana had a midday arrival in May but as we got off the shuttles, crowds of people were boarding shuttles to return to a Costa ship which departed about an hour after our arrival. Although annoying - it made for a better experience for us, not having to fight through the hoards ;)

I would suggest you target one or two specific sights and aim for those. Any spare time can be spent over a beer or wine people-watching.

Archived