Rumours for 2015

DISNEY FANTASY

A Tale of Two Boards!!:D So much DRAMA over rumors and speculation. ;)

:D:D:D:D

The very funny thing is * they* crave rumors and information for 2015, you always see it from about July, till the eventual release, the *views* here show people viewing here and posting there.

When will 2015 be released?

What rumors for 2015?

Why are Disney doing this to me?

2015 Itinerary watch.

But they feel they will always be first and if not posted there then its not true.

Now I have headed these up 'rumors', if there wrong well I am sure I will be reminded about that quite a few times, if I am right they will say we knew about that anyway but didn't want to post it!!!

I see the main person having a go, is the same person who told us all here a number of months back, , this months Magic dry dock was at Fincantieri when I said it was in Cadiz!!!

I think they do not like coming second or third or fourth, to cruise critic and other forums,

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

:D:D:D:D

The very funny thing is * they* crave rumors and information for 2015, you always see it from about July, till the eventual release, the *views* here show people viewing here and posting there.

When will 2015 be released?

What rumors for 2015?

Why are Disney doing this to me?

2015 Itinerary watch.

But they feel they will always be first and if not posted there then its not true.

Now I have headed these up 'rumors', if there wrong well I am sure I will be reminded about that quite a few times, if I am right they will say we knew about that anyway but didn't want to post it!!!

I see the main person having a go, is the same person who told us all here a number of months back, , this months Magic dry dock was at Fincantieri when I said it was in Cadiz!!!

I think they do not like coming second or third or fourth, to cruise critic and other forums,

So true. There are a couple of posters over there that have to be the first to answer any post. Many times they are giving out incorrect information and they have no experience with the question they are answering. :rolleyes:

So true. There are a couple of posters over there that have to be the first to answer any post. Many times they are giving out incorrect information and they have no experience with the question they are answering. :rolleyes:

I am glad you have noticed that, you are not alone in noticing it, there have been Facebook conversations on that, whilst I do not post there I have common FB friends /contacts who do .

How can you post about the Dream and Fantasy and never been on them?

How can you comment on Remy or Palo on the Dream and Fantasy if you have never been on the ship?

I have read some posts, *just this afternoon* and gulp, :eek:and gulp :eek: again at the made up information which is so wrong and others have the come in and correct it. If you do not know, do not guess it and make something up!

I feel very sorry for the new cruisers vising and then relying on that information and then something on their vacation doesn't actually go to plan.

No one is perfect, I make mistakes, but I have been on ten DCL cruises, with the eleventh booked and over a hundred nights on the cruises, so have some experience.

But I try to avoid posting answers if I haven't had that experience.

Helping is good, answering too fast incorrectly actually is worse than not helping. Posting other peoples photos and not knowing what they are shouldn't be done.

To anyone asking a question in a thread and getting a reply, I think its a fair thing to ask the person who replies, 'when did you personally experience that?' If they can answer that, well that's fine, if they cant , then take it with a pinch of salt until someone else answers.

Its the same as a person posting TripAdvisor reports on hotels and never been there.

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

I am glad you have noticed that, you are not alone in noticing it, there have been Facebook conversations on that, whilst I do not post there I have common FB friends /contacts who do .

How can you post about the Dream and Fantasy and never been on them?

How can you comment on Remy or Palo on the Dream and Fantasy if you have never been on the ship?

I have read some posts, *just this afternoon* and gulp, :eek:and gulp :eek: again at the made up information which is so wrong and others have the come in and correct it. If you do not know, do not guess it and make something up!

I feel very sorry for the new cruisers vising and then relying on that information and then something on their vacation doesn't actually go to plan.

No one is perfect, I make mistakes, but I have been on ten DCL cruises, with the eleventh booked and over a hundred nights on the cruises, so have some experience.

But I try to avoid posting answers if I haven't had that experience.

Helping is good, answering too fast incorrectly actually is worse than not helping. Posting other peoples photos and not knowing what they are shouldn't be done.

To anyone asking a question in a thread and getting a reply, I think its a fair thing to ask the person who replies, 'when did you personally experience that?' If they can answer that, well that's fine, if they cant , then take it with a pinch of salt until someone else answers.

Its the same as a person posting TripAdvisor reports on hotels and never been there.

IMO, I think they are trying to be noticed by the WM so they can become a Mod.:rolleyes:

Seen a rumour re Canada if that was dropped in it would be Spring or fall before or after Europe.

We shall see the accuracy when they come out, but I will end by saying again, these are all rumours until the fast lady sings!

I'm skeptical about the Quebec rumors. Not that Disney isn't looking into it, but I don't think it would really happen. Didn't "people" say that the short NYC->Halifax/St. John->NYC cruises didn't sell as well as the NYC->Bahamas cruises?

Personally I enjoy cruises to Canada, and would be interested in an itinerary involving Quebec, but I don't really see DCL actually going though with it.

IMO, I think they are trying to be noticed by the WM so they can become a Mod.:rolleyes:

You worry me there!!! :eek: Really!!. :eek:

I actually agree with you, one person acting like that the only logical explanation for being on the forum 24/7 is trying to become a Mod, but also I think you would have to have good knowledge and also answer posts correctly?

If they need a Mod then the wife of DCL blog man would be best,

Over there, they are a few, Ex-Disney CMs, and one cruiser who was on the first DCL cruise and she knows what she is talking about. (She is the best!)

I would *hate* to be a Mod, not paid, get abuse, having to stay and watch, having to respond if someone *reports* a post. Good luck to them!!! A lot of aggro for nothing. They have to give a lot of time to it, whereas others posting its choice.

(Respect to Mick).

I was thinking she is just trying to hard and getting her post count up. But you might be right. I think they will be savvy to the fact that prolific posting isn't a virtue, ( note to self there), and you actually have to have the experience on what you do post about.

Peoples expensive vacations can be planned and booked on internet advice, and some of the cost maybe more than a new car, well Disney, a new house.:cool:

Would you buy a new car from an internet recommendation from someone who never had experience of that car? Peoples vacations maybe ruined by bad and incorrect advice.

Anyway, Mick will tell us to get back on Topic, so we better let this line of correspondence end!!

On topic

Anyone else got 2015 rumors???

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

I'm skeptical about the Quebec rumors. Not that Disney isn't looking into it, but I don't think it would really happen. Didn't "people" say that the short NYC->Halifax/St. John->NYC cruises didn't sell as well as the NYC->Bahamas cruises?

Personally I enjoy cruises to Canada, and would be interested in an itinerary involving Quebec, but I don't really see DCL actually going though with it.

I agree, only one site has posted that, and to be honest last time those Canada five night cruises didn't sell well, at all.

Its a nice idea but Alaska, Med, Southern Caribbean are selling like hot cakes, Baltic could do, but wasn't marketed well and was too expensive in 2010. They reduced prices far too late.

Baltic will sell if they pitch the product correctly.

Personally as I have done it, I would be more interested in any Repo's from Barcelona to Copenhagen.

NY >> Bahama;s sold better but were dropping off, it was initial interest but not sustainable long term. It was a clever DCL trip however using Port Canaveral WDW and Castaway, cleaver cross selling and clever use of facilities already available.

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

I agree. Those cruises were heavily discounted and they still did not sell well.

OP, off topic but in broad sense since you are discussing rumours as to new itineraries for 2015...

I've asked the following two questions in the past (not on this forum) but never received what I considered a valid reason why the following itineraries couldn't be do-able for limited sailings...not necessarily would be but in hypothetical sense why not?;)

I can understand ship size, port obligations, fuel charges, etc as possible obstacles but those weren't raised by the 'experts', moreso that those ports aren't popular.:rolleyes:

San Juan - southern itinerary

Bermuda

any thoughts?

Edited by keishashadow

I've asked the following two questions in the past (not on this forum) but never received what I considered a valid reason why the following itineraries couldn't be do-able for limited sailings...not necessarily would be but in hypothetical sense why not?;)

Bermuda

I thought they did decide to try San Juan / Southern Caribbean:

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/cruises-destinations/caribbean/itineraries/7-night-southern-caribbean-cruise/

I think Bermuda would be popular, but the problem is that NCL and RCCL/Celebrity have priority on all the "good" slots. DCL would be stuck with a handful of sailings in off-peak times, like April. Those probably wouldn't sell well, because it wouldn't be warm enough in Bermuda.

I thought they did decide to try San Juan / Southern Caribbean:

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/cruises-destinations/caribbean/itineraries/7-night-southern-caribbean-cruise/

I think Bermuda would be popular, but the problem is that NCL and RCCL/Celebrity have priority on all the "good" slots. DCL would be stuck with a handful of sailings in off-peak times, like April. Those probably wouldn't sell well, because it wouldn't be warm enough in Bermuda.

The one I saw out of SJU were rather limited, none the dates worked for us:( since i'm not comfortable sailing in Sept or Oct (personal choice due to storm season). Would think it'd be very popular in high season where so many want to escape the cold.

digging around last night read older comment that Bermuda limits the number of cruise ships to avoid overcrowding.

Edited by keishashadow

OP, off topic but in broad sense since you are discussing rumours as to new itineraries for 2015...

I can understand ship size, port obligations, fuel charges, etc as possible obstacles but those weren't raised by the 'experts', moreso that those ports aren't popular.:rolleyes:

Bermuda

any thoughts?

San Juan can be done, they are doing it, and as they sold fast they have a high chance if being released again in winter months.

Bermuda no, it's an expensive port to dock at, and expensive to buy there, it's out on a bit of a limb and difficult to do with other ports bar New York.

Bermuda no, it's an expensive port to dock at, and expensive to buy there, it's out on a bit of a limb and difficult to do with other ports bar New York.

Besides that, there just isn't the space for DCL. NCL and RCI/Celebrity have very good contracts with Bermuda. During high season, they have multiple ships in Bermunda throughout the week sailing from NYC, Boston and/or Baltimore.

Besides that, there just isn't the space for DCL. NCL and RCI/Celebrity have very good contracts with Bermuda. During high season, they have multiple ships in Bermunda throughout the week sailing from NYC, Boston and/or Baltimore.

Agree, I was told the main reason is there not interested as the port costs too much,

Agree, I was told the main reason is there not interested as the port costs too much,

Not doubting what you were told. Yes, that is probably a major factor but if decent space isn't available the port costs won't matter. Bermuda will continue to give the best port rates and docking spots to those cruise lines who have a history with them. The Bermuda season is short and financially they can't risk alienating those loyal cruise lines especially considering DCL may only sail there once and never again.

Edited by hencoll

Not doubting what you were told. Yes, that is probably a major factor but if decent space isn't available the port costs won't matter. Bermuda will continue to give the best port rates and docking spots to those cruise lines who have a history with them. The Bermuda season is short and financially they can't risk alienating those loyal cruise lines especially considering DCL may only sail there once and never again.

Yes do agree that is a factor as well, at the moment there is so much choice for the Disney ships in summer but too much capacity in the carribean in the winter, they need to balance that better.

Well, this all very interesting. I'm personally hoping for the Baltic and the 7 night deal would seal it in a bit more for me. Keep posting the info. and I hope your sources come through.

I will tell you what I know when I can, I understand first waves of 2015 cruises are on sale first week December but it is subject to change, these ones might be out in early 2014.

Did you see that Adventures by Disney is adding a Norway trip for 2014? I think you may be right on with the Baltic rumors. ;) IIRC, ABD introduced a Greece trip the year before the DCL Eastern Med cruises were introduced.

Yes and a couple of people have contacted me on that point since it was announced. My TA let me know.

I think it's due to 1 the new film coming out and 2 a tie in with Baltic cruises.

Had a lot of people in the last few weeks contact me and say, you know you might be right!

Still a rumour though!

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

• 2 weeks later...

I know its been up a while but is it really a coincidence that the DCL website under Europe ports of call have two photos up of cruise ports that currently DCL are NOT scheduled to go to,

(1) Is Lisbon Portugal.

(2) Is this place.

Copenhargen.jpg

Copenhagen.

That's a big coincidence with Baltic cruises for summer 2015 rumored, and one rumor of seven night cruises from a home port of.....

Copenhagen.

I just got off the Wonder and the crew stated that they are hoping for a waiver for the Panama Canal size restrictions. They said that the ship will fit in the canal after the makeover but will exceed the Canal's size restrictions. Disney has already gotten a waiver to delay the drydock one year and apparently was hoping that the new locks would be ready by 2015. Right now they are unsure as to what is going to happen.