M-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

helpthejuggler

• 3 weeks later...
After a little thought in how to make this thread more useful, I decided against collating all comments into a table. The thread is searchable and so finding a stateroom number is easy.

What is less easy is finding adjacent or nearby rooms where your exact room is not yet available.

My solution was to collate the staterooms vs ships and list the post numbers within this thread where the room report is found.

I think this adds the most value with least overhead and duplication of the information within the thread.

The file is attached, which I will maintain

Mark

THIS is AWESOME!!! Thanks for doing this it was much needed and easy to use!!

• Thanks 1

On the Infinity

CABIN #: 1133

DECK #: 11

CLASS: AQ

AREA: aft closest stateroom to portside

BED NEAR: bathroom

QUIET?: not especially

BALCONY VIEW: aft, and down to outdoor extension of the buffet

BALCONY SIZE: deeper than standard

WIND A PROBLEM?:no, but this stateroom does feel the ship motion more than most other areas, and also there is significant engine vibration felt.

SOOT A PROBLEM?:yes. Unfortunately I completely ruined a pair of white cotton capris on day two and thereafter always sat on the balcony only after covering the chairs with pool towels

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:this stateroom is right above the smoking area below on deck 10. I am very sensitive to smoke, but the smoke rarely made its way up to me except for the several occasions when a cigar smoker was out there.

SHIP: Infinity

CABIN #: 3098

DECK #: Plaza

CLASS: inside

AREA: Midship

BED NEAR: forward wall

QUIET?: Yes

BALCONY VIEW: N/A

BALCONY SIZE: N/A

WIND A PROBLEM?: No

SOOT A PROBLEM?: No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Great location. Less movement felt in rough seas. Handy for lifts/central stairway.

Almost identical to a detailed post http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=40812949&postcount=46

SHIP: INFINITY

CABIN #: 9116

DECK #: 9

CLASS: AQ

AREA: aft

QUIET?: yes

BALCONY VIEW: almost no obstruction from overhang

BALCONY SIZE: standard

WIND A PROBLEM?: no, except when both balcony and room door are open

SOOT A PROBLEM?: no

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: very convenient location between the aft and midship elevators; no noise from deck 10

CABIN #: 6030

DECK #: 6

CLASS:

AREA: Forward

BED NEAR: bath

QUIET?: yes

BALCONY VIEW: extended balcony (sweet sixteen)

BALCONY SIZE: double the regular size

WIND A PROBLEM?:no

SOOT A PROBLEM?:no

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:thank you cruise critic for the great info about sweet sixteen cabins. I chose this cabin from all the great comments! I thought I would feel more movement since this cabin is very forward, but I did not feel any more movement then usual! Thank you cruise critic!

• 2 weeks later...

Ship : Summit

Cabin #: 3015

Deck #: 3

Class: OV

Area: Forward

Bed near: Bathroom

Quiet?: Yes

Balcony view: n/a

Balcony size: n/a

Wind a problem?: n/a

Soot a problem?: n/a

Problems/comments: Extremely convenient to elevators, theater, just a quick ride up to the spa. Not the first cabin visible from elevators but just off the hall. Was concerned about noise from elevator corridor but it was not an issue.

Ship : Summit

Cabin #: 6118

Deck #: 6

Class: S2

Area: Mid

Balcony view: good, tops of lifeboats below balcony floor

Balcony size: 1 1/2 times regular balcony class cabin's balcony (1/2 longer)

Wind a problem?: no

Soot a problem?: no

Problems/comments: Terrific cabin, no service door across hall :), very quiet

Edited by A Sixth?

Constellation - Dec. 2013

Cabin #: 1116 -AQ

Deck #: 11

Class: A1

Area: Aft

Balcony view: Excellent-this balcony sticks just a little bit further than all others on side of this deck

Balcony size: great, had 2 lounges, 2 tables, 1 footstool

Problems/comments: Great room, only first 2 feet of balcony is covered so lots of sun, no noise from above, new room so in great shape, VERY private.

CABIN #: 1140 Summit

DECK #:11th floor

CLASS: Aqua

AREA: Aft

BED NEAR: Bathroom

QUIET?: Yes, except there was something squeeky in the closet and I had to remind myself to prop the safe door closed and make sure everything was tightly shut. There was a bit of rough seas on my sailing.

BALCONY VIEW: Nice view aft. :)

BALCONY SIZE: Huge balcony. You have to walk to the railing to see what is going on.

WIND A PROBLEM?:no

SOOT A PROBLEM?: yes, it did seem like there was some soot on the chairs but it brushes off easily.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: BEST CABIN EVER! :) I don't think I want to sail on Summit unless I can have this cabin. The room is just average size but the balcony was the best. There is a posting somewhere on the Celebrity boards so it has become a popular selection. Folks can look down on you from the 12th floor or up from the Sunset bar but other than that it is VERY private. I sat under the overhang most of the time. The bathroom is brand new with no mold or mildew.

On Summit

CABIN #: 7208

DECK #: 7

CLASS: C1

AREA: Aft

BED NEAR: Bath

QUIET?: Little bit of occasional noise from Sunset Bar, nothing objectionable

BALCONY VIEW: Tremendous-- wake of the ship

BALCONY SIZE: Huuuge-- 200 sq ft, 2 loungers, 2 chairs, dinner table, end table

P1030023.jpg

(not my photo:o)

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: One of the prized aft-facing concierge cabins, just above the PH, three decks away from the Sunset Bar, as close to the center of the ship as you can get without being in the adjacent HC cabin. Canopy covers most of it but enough sun on the end, except maybe if sailing due south. Inside cabin 7210 across the hall is handy for parents traveling with children, young or adult, who want their own cabin.

Ship: Summit

Cabin #: 9131

Deck #: 9

Class: Aqua Class

Area: Midship

Quiet?: Yes - very! No noise from above even though you're under the buffet I think

Balcony view: Has large overhang but no obstructions otherwise. We liked the overhang - was always shady and had protection from sun and rain.

Balcony size: Typical for this class - no foot rests

Wind a problem?: No

Soot a problem?: No

Problems/comments: We loved being between the mid and aft elevators and stairs. It was so quick to go aft and run up the stairs to the buffet to get drinks or snacks anytime. Cabin was immaculate - no mold or any other problems. The design of the shower doors means they will leak a bit unless you get them closed just right. We loved this cabin.

• Like 1

Constellation

Cabin #: 7023

Deck #: 7

Class: 2C

Area: Far forward

Balcony view: Ship's structure partially blocks view to the right (forward). You can look straight forward or left, but the cabin should be listed as partially obscured view.

Balcony size: standard, small: 2 chairs, 1 small table

Problems/comments: Overall, nice. Mirrored wall makes cabin feel bigger than it is. Bathroom seemed roomier than in some cruise cabins. Individual reading lamps on each bedside table. Surprised being so far forward wasn't a problem for us. Only drawback is that view is not panoramic.

CABIN #: 6139 - RS

DECK #: 6-Penthouse

CLASS: Suite

AREA: 538 sq. ft.

BED NEAR: Verendah, head of bead towards Forward

QUIET?: Yes, very slight motor hum on verandah while underway.

BALCONY VIEW: Port Midship on Hump, Overhead covered by canopies, but not 100% private.

BALCONY SIZE: 195 sq. ft.

Constellation

Cabin #: 6070

Class: Verandah

Area: mid

Balcony view: looks down upon lifeboats but they do not obstruct the view.

Balcony size: standard, small: 2 chairs, 1 small table

Problems/comments: Can sleep 4 with sofa and bed that pulls down. While tight given the fact that 2 adults and 2 kids were in the cabin, we were impressed with the organization/ storage.

Millenium

Cabin #: 7173

Deck #: 7

Class: 2A

Area: aft

Balcony view: looks down on canopy of suites below but no obstructions

Balcony size: oversized, can accommodate 2 loungers and table

Wind a problem?: yes, airflow from stairwell when balcony in use. Can be difficult to open door.

Problems/comments: balcony is visible from the big circular floor holes in the Ocean View Cafe.

Infinity

Cabin #: 6029

Class: 2C

Area: Port, forward

Balcony view: awesome, straight down to ocean and unobstructed

Balcony size: oversized, can accommodate 2 loungers (if you can get them) and table

Wind a problem?: No

Soot a problem?: No

Problems/comments: One of the Sweet Sixteen cabins. Was expecting to feel more motion being so far forward but it was not an issue.

CABIN #: 6106

CLASS: Celebrity Suite

AREA:

BED NEAR: Separate Bedroom, separate dressing area behind sliding doors

QUIET?: Very

BALCONY VIEW: Amazing

BALCONY SIZE: Long curve shape, not very wide, but wide enough for small table, 2 recliner chairs and footstools

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Fantastic suite mid ships, would book again.

Lou

Millennium

Jan 2014

CABIN #: 6077

CLASS: 2B

AREA:

QUIET?: yes, very.

BALCONY VIEW: lifeboats directly below but no obstruction outwards

BALCONY SIZE: average. 2 chairs and a small table.

WIND A PROBLEM?: no

SOOT A PROBLEM?: no

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Room in good condition located midship. Good location, easy walk to elevators at stern and midship. Quiet room, only noise came from veranda door in high wind when it creaked occasionally. Would book this room again without hesitation.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

SHIP: Summit Jan. 18, 2013

CABIN #: 2057

DECK #: 2

CLASS: Oceanview

AREA: Port forward

BED: Under window

QUIET?: Yes.

VIEW: Activities on/near dock in port

BALCONY SIZE: None

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Last-minute booking, back to back Southern Caribbean cruises. Our first experience without a balcony. Found we didn't miss one all that much, would do again if we saved a lot of $$. Room was comfortable, functional and very quiet. Cons: Fairly long walk from midship elevators. This cabin had two upper bunks retracted into the ceiling, so it did not have the mirrored wall we had in #2037 the following week, making it slightly less spacious-feeling.

Edited by Vagabondage

SHIP: Summit Jan. 25, 2013

CABIN #: 2037

DECK #: 2

CLASS: Oceanview

AREA: Port forward

BED: Opposite mirrored wall

QUIET?: Yes.

VIEW: Activities on/near dock in port

BALCONY SIZE: None

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Last-minute booking, back to back Southern Caribbean cruises. Our first experiences without a balcony. As in our prior week, found we didn't miss one all that much, would do again if we saved a lot of $$. Room was comfortable, functional and very quiet. Cons: Long walk from midship elevators. Convenient for forward elevators (theater and shopping), but we didn't care about either of those. This cabin had a mirrored wall which gave it a more spacious feel than the (same size) cabin we had the previous week. Have booked same type of cabin on Deck 2 for next year, but close to midship elevators.