M-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

helpthejuggler

Millennium 

CABIN #: 9199 

DECK #: 9

CLASS: FV

AREA: Aft

BED NEAR: Bathroom

QUIET?: NO, NO, NO, NO

BALCONY VIEW: Aft and amazing

BALCONY SIZE: Massive (6 deck chairs and two chaise loungers)

WIND A PROBLEM?: No

SOOT A PROBLEM?: No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Sunset bar/Oceanview cafe rear deck immediately above and you could hear chairs and tables being drug around from 6am until after midnight. Not really noisy from conversations but the floor noise was almost unacceptable. The room is actually two complete rooms and is about 2 feet wider than a standard cabin. The second room has a couch and chair that make into beds and another TV. For the two of us, it was a great room although storage was lackluster. I would book this cabin type again but not on 9.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, NJ Gal said:

looking for info on 9096 on the Summit

We were booked on 9098, the Celebrity suite next door to 9096 (also a Celebrity suite).  We wound up canceling our cruise (for other reasons), but had heard some concerns about those CS's on deck 9... likely noise from deck 10.  These CS's are just below the pool grill and surrounding seating, etc.  I also heard that the WiFi signal was not very good in these specific CS's.

NOTE that I didn't experience these issues directly (due to canceling that sailing), but heard about them via various thread here on Cruise Critic.

We did stay in a deck 7 Celebrity suite on Summit last November and loved it... the 2-room layout, the curved wrap-around floor-to-ceiling windows, etc.  We've stayed in Celebrity suites on multiple S-class ships, but these on the M-class are even better.

I am reposting my original review because I could not get pictures to upload when I originally posted, and several people have requested them. I tried to find a way to open the original post to add them, but that doesn't seem possible. I hope this is okay.

SHIP: Summit (Revolutionized)

CABIN #: 8104

DECK #: 8

CLASS: Celebrity Suite

AREA: Midships Starboard

BED NEAR: In separate bedroom with wall backing the hallway but not noisy.

QUIET?: Very quiet

BALCONY VIEW: Spectacular, unobstructed

BALCONY SIZE: 89 sq. ft.

WIND A PROBLEM?: None

SOOT A PROBLEM?: No.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Absolutely amazing cabin, with a separate bedroom and an enormous walk-in closet. There is a large couch and side chair in the living area, a small dining table outside the bedroom, and a desk, with plenty of storage everywhere.  The curving wall of glass overlooking the balcony affords spectacular views. The balcony itself is about 3.5-4 feet deep, and has 3 chairs with reclining backs (but no foot rests) and 2 small side tables. I would note that this cabin has a connecting door to the mirror Celebrity Suite next door, and we could occasionally hear voices, the hair dryer, etc., through the door. The bathroom is large with 2 sinks and plenty of storage. The only possible negative notes are that the only access to the bathroom is through the bedroom (which could be problematic if one person wanted to sleep in) and the bath tub has very high sides making it a bit of a challenge to get into and especially out of with wet feet, especially for those with mobility issues.

IMG_20210821_133615.jpg

IMG_20210821_133645.jpg

IMG_20210821_133633.jpg

IMG_20210821_133707.jpg

IMG_20210821_133702.jpg

IMG_20210821_133730.jpg

IMG_20210821_133735.jpg

IMG_20210821_133755.jpg

IMG_20210821_151229.jpg

IMG_20210821_133821.jpg

IMG_20210821_133835.jpg

IMG_20210821_135719.jpg

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2020 at 10:34 AM, abritinva said:

SHIP NAME (Infinity, Summit, Constellation, or Millennium)

Summit

CABIN #

DECK # (2-11)

CABIN CLASS & CATEGORY (if available): Inside, Oceanview, Veranda, Concierge, Aqua Class, Suite

Concierge

LOCATION ON SHIP:  Port (left), Starboard (right)  or Inside; Forward,  Aft (Back) or Midship

Aft (back)

BED NEAR (Bath, Balcony, Window, N/A)

Balcony

QUIET? (Yes/No/Usually)

Yes

BALCONY VIEW (Good, Great, Obstructed?)

Great

BALCONY SIZE (Standard, Oversized, Other)

Oversized

WIND A PROBLEM (Yes/No/Sometimes)

No

SOOT A PROBLEM (Yes/No/Sometimes)

No

COMMENTS 

Beautiful cabin, large balcony, some  noise from Sunset Bar at Sail Away time but not unpleasant. Shade or sun depending on ship direction.

PICTURES (Attach pictures in your review)

DATE OF CRUISE AND "REVOLUTION" COMMENTS

February 22nd from San Juan post revolution

IMG_20200222_140634.jpg

Just booked this cabin on the Summit for June 2 to Bermuda.  This will be our third cruise on the summit in one of these aft cabins with extra large balconies.  The first two times these were C1 cabins.  Now they are SV.  Did anyone else notice the change?  I wonder why.  The only thing that bothers me  (it's not like the price is lower) is on a 10 day cruise, I'll be getting 20 less points.  🙂

• MILLENNIUM

CABIN #:9046

DECK #: 9

CLASS: Aqua

AREA: Mid Ship

BED NEAR: bathroom, Chair near balcony

QUIET?:  yes

BALCONY VIEW: Starboard side,  3 balconies to the left and there is a window washing cage.  Doesn't really obstruct this cabins view.  Large overhang from deck above but balcony was still sunny and did not result in cabin being dark.

BALCONY SIZE: normal

WIND A PROBLEM?: no

SOOT A PROBLEM?: no

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Basic standard Aqua-Balcony cabin.  The upper overhang from Deck 10 might be a consideration for some cruisers.   We experienced NO NOISE during our sailing (others have complained about it in previous reviews).  In a great location to elevator bank/stairs also very convenient to the pool 1 deck above.  Shower has a door!

IMG_7466.jpeg

IMG_7455.jpeg

IMG_7459.jpeg

IMG_7456.jpeg

IMG_7461.jpeg

IMG_7462.jpeg

IMG_7457.jpeg

IMG_7458.jpeg

IMG_7463.jpeg

IMG_7464.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Summit

CABIN #:8181

CLASS: Family Veranda with large balcony

AREA: Aft

BED NEAR: bathroom

QUIET?:  Somewhat

BALCONY VIEW: Aft corner 

BALCONY SIZE: Very large

WIND A PROBLEM?: yes

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Room was a great size.  A couple concerns.  Bathroom door wouldn't latch closed. Partition between my balcony and neighbor was loose so at times you could hear it banging.  Couldn't hear it from bed but if you have people sleeping in sitting area then they'd likely hear it.

On 2/22/2022 at 1:13 PM, jakebloke said:

Just booked this cabin on the Summit for June 2 to Bermuda.  This will be our third cruise on the summit in one of these aft cabins with extra large balconies.  The first two times these were C1 cabins.  Now they are SV.  Did anyone else notice the change?  I wonder why.  The only thing that bothers me  (it's not like the price is lower) is on a 10 day cruise, I'll be getting 20 less points.  🙂

Yes, I also noticed this change. We're sailing in 8185 on the Millenium in May and when we booked it last month, the Cabin was still considered a CC, even though it's due to change to SV in May. I'm guessing that's because we booked it before the change. Sure hoping there aren't any surprises once the May cruise rolls around. I'm counting on the CC perks now!

• 2 weeks later...

Millenium 2/21/2022 - 3/3/2022

CABIN #:                             8061

DECK #:                               9

CLASS:                                Concierge

AREA:                                  Forward / Port

BED NEAR:                         Bath

QUIET?:                               Yes, a little bit of creaking in larger seas. 

BALCONY VIEW:                Not obstructed, but over the lifeboats.

BALCONY SIZE:                  A little larger than normal (see comments).

WIND A PROBLEM?:          No

SOOT A PROBLEM?:          No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: One of the walls of the cabin adjoins a fire wall. This makes the balcony overall length about 1 foot longer than a standard balcony cabin. 

Edited by HBDave

Summit 3/14/22- 3/19/22

CABIN #:                             8098

DECK #:                               8

CLASS:                                Concierge

AREA:                                  Midship / Starboard 

BED NEAR:                         Bath

QUIET?:                               Yes, very quiet but some music noise during St. Patrick’s Day Nightime pool party

BALCONY VIEW:                Not obstructed,  slight rareward view obstruction by midship bumpout.  Didn’t bother us.

BALCONY SIZE:                  Seemed standard

WIND A PROBLEM?:          No

SOOT A PROBLEM?:          No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Compared to adjoining balconies this one stayed wet far longer after power wash cleaning on day 4 and had a small pool of water even next morning while adjoining cabins seemed dry after a few hours.

• 1 month later...
On 1/11/2022 at 5:58 PM, hrhdhd said:

SHIP NAME (Infinity, Summit, Constellation, or Millennium)

Summit

CABIN #

DECK # (2-11)

CABIN CLASS & CATEGORY (if available): Inside, Oceanview, Veranda, Concierge, Aqua Class, Suite

OV

LOCATION ON SHIP:  Port (left), Starboard (right)  or Inside; Forward,  Aft (Back) or Midship

Midship, Starboard

Bath

QUIET? (Yes/No/Usually)

Intermittent banging noises noticed during the night.  Contacted Guest Services several times.  One of the officers came to the room and heard the banging.  He wasn't sure what it was, possibly the engine room??  As a resolution, I slept in a separate cabin the last 2 nights of the cruise.  

N/A

N/A

N/A

N/A

COMMENTS 

Summit was recently Revolutionized and looks amazing!

04/16/2022; Revolutionized in 2019

Edited by Pushkin

• 3 weeks later...

SHIP NAME (Infinity, Summit, Constellation, or Millennium)

Summit

CABIN #

DECK # (2-11)

OV, Cat 4

Forward, Starboard

Centered between Window and Bath

QUIET? (Yes/No/Usually)

Yes.  

N/A

N/A

N/A

N/A

COMMENTS 

Summit was recently Revolutionized and looks amazing!

04/21/2022; Revolutionized in 2019

IMG_0164.jpeg

IMG_0170.jpeg

Summit, sailing 21April2002

CABIN #:  1116

DECK #:  11

CLASS:  AQ1

AREA:  Starboard aft

BED NEAR:  bathroom

BALCONY VIEW:  excellent, unobstructed

BALCONY SIZE:  good

WIND A PROBLEM?:  No, but no shade

SOOT A PROBLEM?:  Did not notice any soot

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:

The decking on the balcony is slightly sloped towards the ship and there is little, if any, drainage when it rains.  Because there is no overhead cover or shade, the water had a tendency to pool up right in front of the door.

We did not like some of the Revolutionized ("Hoppen-ized") changes to the cabin.  The shower head in the bathroom had low water pressure and we missed the lovely shower from our AQ cabin in Constellation, the wardrobe space has been minimized in favor of the cabinet space and drawers to the right of the hanging space.  We liked the power and USB outlets, but this was only available on one side of the bed because the lighting on the side opposite was different.  (however we were able to make use of a euro-style plug near the floor on that side of the bed)  We were very disappointed that the safe has been changed out to a smaller unit that barely fit our passports, wallets, and jewelry.   Both my husband and I travel with electronics that we prefer to store in the safe, and that was not a possibility in this cabin.  The "sofa"  had previously fit 2 people prior to the revolutionizing, and the cuddler-style chair that is now in that same space only seats 1 person.  (or maybe two very small people)

Overall, not a terrible cabin, just be aware about water pooling on the balcony - that was the biggest drawback.

IMG_6494.JPG

IMG_6568.JPG

IMG_6571.JPG

IMG_6574.JPG

IMG_6578.JPG

IMG_6579.JPG

Edited by kweenkmatt
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/20/2020 at 7:00 PM, Kosh III said:

(Updated Aug 6 2019)

New Format for S-Class Spreadsheet.

WHAT’S NEW? 

• New table format for submitting your review.
  • Streamlined responses to make the search and sort functions more effective. 
  • Additional columns for (a) links to pictures, and (b) information regarding the date of cruise and “revolution” comments.
  • Links-References Tab

Cabin reports posted on this thread will be added to the spreadsheet and can be searched online or downloaded to Excel for further review and research. The date of the spreadsheet reflects the last update.

Click here to Access the Spreadsheet.

Instructions on how to search the spreadsheet can be found through this Instruction Link.

Please copy the below table, paste it into your post, and complete the right column. Please use the standardized responses suggested in the left column when possible and explain the answers in the Problems/Comments section.

Please upload photos within your post to avoid broken links and I will add the Post # link to the spreadsheet. 

Thank you for your contribution!

SHIP NAME

Infinity

CABIN #

DECK # (3-14)

CATEGORY: 7-12, 1A-1C, 2A-2D, A1-A2, C1-C3, CS, FV, PS, RF, RS, S1-S2, SG, SV

A2 

LOCATION ON SHIP: 
Port (left), Starboard (right), Bow (front), Stern (back) or Inside
and
Forward, Midship (between the forward and aft elevators), or Aft
(For example: Port-Midship, Bow-Forward or Inside-Aft)

Just aft of the forward elevators.
Starboard

BED NEAR
(Bath, Balcony, Window, N/A)

Bath

QUIET? (Yes/No/Usually)

Yes

Good

BALCONY SIZE 
(Standard, Oversized, Other)

Huge triangular shaped balcony 

WIND A PROBLEM?
(Yes/No/Sometimes)

No

SOOT A PROBLEM?
(Yes/No/Sometimes)

No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS (Explain all Noise (including crew door issues), Wind and Soot Problems here, plus all comments and information regarding things like connecting or accessible cabins)

Bath was configured differently from the cabin we had on this ship in Nov 18. It had a square shaped bigger shower, the rest of the space was smaller but efficient. 

1/13/20 from Miami

P1140050.JPG

This is the M class forum. Do you have a link to that spreadsheet instead of the S Class?

• 2 weeks later...

Millennium , sailing  May 3, 2022

CABIN #:  1022

DECK #:  10

CLASS:  2C Deluxe OV Veranda

AREA:  Starboard forward

BED NEAR:  bathroom

BALCONY VIEW:  unobstructed 

BALCONY SIZE:  normal

WIND A PROBLEM?:  No 

SOOT A PROBLEM?:  No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:

No problems.  We loved it!   Was a move-up so didn’t have a lot of choice, at first a bit concerned as forward and high deck, but was just 2 cabins before mid.  Felt some movement on one rougher sea day, but when went down to deck 5 just about the same and not really an issue.  The location was great …. Very quiet, and only really 10 cabins in this hallway, the other side was the spa.  These cabins were originally Aqua but recently reclassified to verandas.  Very close to the solarium, main pool deck, ocean view buffet, sunset bar, and elevator.   We loved the renovation, especially the cabins.  We would book again and same cabin if booking that category.  

Edited by QCAZ
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2022 at 4:12 PM, 5:00_Somewhere said:

I am reposting my original review because I could not get pictures to upload when I originally posted, and several people have requested them. I tried to find a way to open the original post to add them, but that doesn't seem possible. I hope this is okay.

SHIP: Summit (Revolutionized)

CABIN #: 8104

CLASS: Celebrity Suite

AREA: Midships Starboard

BED NEAR: In separate bedroom with wall backing the hallway but not noisy.

QUIET?: Very quiet

BALCONY SIZE: 89 sq. ft.

WIND A PROBLEM?: None

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Absolutely amazing cabin, with a separate bedroom and an enormous walk-in closet. There is a large couch and side chair in the living area, a small dining table outside the bedroom, and a desk, with plenty of storage everywhere.  The curving wall of glass overlooking the balcony affords spectacular views. The balcony itself is about 3.5-4 feet deep, and has 3 chairs with reclining backs (but no foot rests) and 2 small side tables. I would note that this cabin has a connecting door to the mirror Celebrity Suite next door, and we could occasionally hear voices, the hair dryer, etc., through the door. The bathroom is large with 2 sinks and plenty of storage. The only possible negative notes are that the only access to the bathroom is through the bedroom (which could be problematic if one person wanted to sleep in) and the bath tub has very high sides making it a bit of a challenge to get into and especially out of with wet feet, especially for those with mobility issues.

IMG_20210821_133615.jpg

IMG_20210821_133645.jpg

IMG_20210821_133633.jpg

IMG_20210821_133707.jpg

IMG_20210821_133702.jpg

IMG_20210821_133730.jpg

IMG_20210821_133735.jpg

IMG_20210821_133755.jpg

IMG_20210821_151229.jpg

IMG_20210821_133821.jpg

IMG_20210821_133835.jpg

IMG_20210821_135719.jpg

We were in #8104 on the Summit May, 2022.  It is a wonderful cabin & very quiet.  We never heard the people in the adjoining cabin.  As the poster said,  "the tub is very high and getting in can be a challenge."   We only had 2 chairs on the balcony.  It was too narrow for a chaise lounge.  

Edited by NJ Gal

• 2 weeks later...

Ship: Summit (revolutionized)

CABIN #: 8095

CLASS: Concierge

AREA: Midship Port

BED NEAR: Bathroom

QUIET?: Yes, very

BALCONY VIEW: Not obstructed

BALCONY SIZE: Standard

SOOT A PROBLEM?: No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Location was great, easy to get up to Oceanview on 10 and down to Cafe on 5. Sorry I didn't get a photo of the balcony. There wasn't anything special about it compared to standard Concierge Class balconies.

cabin 1.jpg

cabin 2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

CABIN #:9058

DECK #:9

AREA:

BED NEAR: door

QUIET?:NO

BALCONY VIEW: Limited

BALCONY SIZE: normal

WIND A PROBLEM?: no 

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:  Cabin is a nice cabin, great size.  Very noisy because there is a storage area right next door that the cabin stewards are in and out of all early morning and off and on during the day.  It is also below the loungers in the Solariam so there is some noise from above.

• 3 weeks later...

SHIP: Infinity, sail date Aug 6, 2022

CABIN #: 1130

DECK #: 11

AREA: Aft above sunset lounge

BED NEAR: Bathroom, couch near balcony door

QUIET?: Room yes, balcony at times could hear people below and above. 

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Balcony door was finicky, had to push on it to get it to slide. Other times it slid open when you did not want it to. Light from staircase always on balcony (never dark). Balcony could be viewed from staircase and also sunset lounge. Would 100% still re-book if available. 

Glass shower door, step for shaving. 

Aqua for us was worth the extra money, loved the bedding and the bathrobes. Room service breakfast on the balcony in a robe is the way to go.

4C28F2F7-A770-4FA5-B8D8-F05C66D2F576.jpeg

AF3766A7-C6CF-4AB0-AB11-03570E1509EB.jpeg

EFE0D334-8ADE-4183-9568-4353761FC65F.jpeg

Edited by Chemgoddess1
  • Like 2