M-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

helpthejuggler

Summit:

CABIN #: 9053

DECK #: 9

CLASS: AQ

AREA: forward

BED NEAR: bathroom wall

QUIET?: First morning heard noise from above. After that not too much noise.One night on balcony I heard music from above.

BALCONY VIEW: overhang

BALCONY SIZE: two chairs, one table.

WIND A PROBLEM?: not really

SOOT A PROBLEM?: no

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:bathroom a nice size. one night shower doors creaked. Comfortable bed. Easy access to solarium. very comfortable room, no major damage.

Constellation

Cabin: 2093

Deck: 2 forward

Bed: near bathroom

Quiet: Heard a thumping first night but never again. Very quiet except for a regular "hydraulic" sound. No idea what the sound was but it wasn't really annoying and we pretty much didn't notice it after the first couple days.

Comments: Great location. Near the main elevators and an easy walk to the main dining room and bars. Would book again.

• 2 weeks later...

Constellation

CABIN #: 1138

DECK #: 11

CLASS: AQ

AREA: aft

BED NEAR: bath

QUIET?: yes, though a little sound from acoustic guitar player at the Sunset/Ocean view bar in the afternoon or early evening was quite pleasant!

BALCONY VIEW: aft, we could see a little of the bar downstairs, but fabulous aft view

BALCONY SIZE: very large, angled

WIND A PROBLEM?:no

SOOT A PROBLEM?:no

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: enjoyed the short trot down the private steps to the bar. The only 'negative' was the smell of roasting garlic that wafted up from the buffet; not offensive at all but noticeable in the hallway(never in the cabin). We did not notice any smoke from the bar. Loved Blu and we will book this cabin again.

• 2 weeks later...

CELEBRITY SUMMIT

CABIN #: 6102

DECK #: 6

CLASS: Sky suite 1

AREA: mid-ship

BED NEAR: Facing the balcony, backs to bathroom

QUIET?: For the most part, this was a quiet cabin, with one huge exception. The shuffleboard court is directly below the balcony on this cabin. If you like to sleep with the door open as we do, this cabin is NOT for you. Every night between 1-3am there was a loud raucous game of shuffleboard, and we had to wake up and close the door. EVERY NIGHT. (It seems to me that Celebrity should be taking the equipment in overnight for precisely this reason, but they do not.)

BALCONY VIEW: Blocked on the right by a Celebrity Suite bump out balcony. There is a frosted window panel between, but we still felt that there was a lack of privacy as the glass does not go all the way to the floor, so from the right angle you can see right onto the balcony (and I feared even into the cabin.) Depending upon whether you care about strangers seeing you in your underwear (I do, my husband does not) this may or may not be an issue for you.

BALCONY SIZE: regular suite size

WIND A PROBLEM?: no

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: No lifeboat directly under to block the view, but they were still close enough to interfere with the view (and limit pictures you might want to take.) It wasn't terrible, but still unpleasant in my opinion. I would probably try to book on a higher floor next time if I could, in order to avoid this issue.

I would not book this suite again, mostly due to noise from the shuffleboard court every evening. However, if you do not plan on sleeping with the doors open, you will probably not have a problem with it.

Edited by fallingsnow

I've seen this info in several posts and thought it would be useful to post it here:

Each of the following cabins on the Millennium Class ships (Millennium, Infinity, Constellation, Summit) has some particular benefit over its peers of the same class -- most often an oversized veranda, sometimes larger cabin or nicer decor. Not all of these differences are accurately reflected in any known deck plans.

SS-6131,6132,6145,6146

CC-9043,9038,9201,9164,9162,9160

CC-8045,8046,8185,8176,8172,8170

CC-7203,7212,7208,7206

CC-6135,6136,6143,6144

2A-2B-8161,8146,9173,9138 (corrected 2/17/14)

2B-2A-7049,7080,7163,7166,7171,7173,7175,7177,7174,7176, 7178,7180 (corrected 2/17/14)

2C- 6016,6018,6020,6021,6022,6023,6024,6025,6026,6027, 6029,6030,6031,6033,6035,6053,6048

Thank you for all those that contributed for compiling the info above.

Mods, this might be most useful if it's listed on the front page.

I would add to this very excellent post a list of the Aqua Class Cabins (Deck 11) that are Aft Sunsets with oversized balconies that were installed on the M-Class Ships when each was "Solsticized".

Port to Starboard:

AQUA (A1) = 1133, 1141, 1140, 1138, 1130

Largest Balcony is the centre one 1140. Then 1141 & 1138, and lastly 1133 & 1130.

Hope this info helps someone,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB
  • Like 1

CABIN #: 9067

CLASS: Aqua Class 2

BED NEAR: Near the bathroom

QUIET?: NO! Under the pool deck. Quiet mid-day, but very loud early morning and about 10 each night. One night we heard the teen party up on deck loud and clear

BALCONY VIEW Great view. There were lifeboats below but you had to lean out to see them.

BALCONY SIZE: regular size

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: The location would be good if it was quieter. I wouldn’t book this again.

This thread is fantastically useful, but is there any way posters could add in info about when (in what year) they sailed in the cabin in question? This would help us know whether the info is up-to-date.

I was thinking of filling out the form for our Infinity cabin, but that was from 2006, and I wonder how useful the data would be. There have undoubtedly been dry docks and various changes to the ship since then.

Edited by SeagoingMom

• 3 weeks later...

SHIP - Millenium (2014)

CABIN -3112

DECK - 3

CLASS - OV cat 6

AREA - midship

QUIET? - very. No sound from restroom next door. Very little "passing traffic" as it's in a passageway separated from the main atrium and passage to the conference centre.

BALCONY - na

WIND - na

SOOT - na

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS - one of the new cabins added during "solsticisation" so no wear and tear. Was originally part of the conference centre, so all new cabins 3112-3144 have the very large windows . It was so like a balcony cabin that a couple of times the first day, I tried to go outside[emoji4] . End cabin, slightly larger than the others as the entrance door is on the side wall and there's an area about 36" square to the left as you enter the cabin. Convenient position close to midship elevators/stairs, and speciality restaurant for elite breakfast. Would definitely book this cabin again

CABIN #: 8107

DECK #: 8

CLASS: C2

QUIET?: Yes

BALCONY VIEW Good

BALCONY SIZE: regular size

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Overpowering odor of mold / mildew in the bathroom on embarkation. I reported this to guest services and my cabin stewards worked hard to improve this. Unfortunately, it was not the general cleanliness nor the shower curtain (they insisted on replacing it) that was the problem. The floor tiles were cracked & broken in numerous places. This was a problem in the shower stall, because water had seeped into the subfloor I believe. It sank when I stepped on portions of it, and was not solid. I weigh 125 pounds so that is not the issue. Rot or mold growing beneath the tiles due to water intrusion was the source of the bad mildew odor I believe. It remained a problem throughout the cruise, although not as overpowering as when I first boarded the ship. The floor needs to be replaced, it made the entire bathroom stink like an old bath towel.

Edited by CanWeGoYet?

CABIN #: 8097

CLASS: Inside category 9

BED NEAR: n/a

QUIET?: Yes

BALCONY VIEW n/a

BALCONY SIZE: n/a

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Bathroom tile in good condition, unlike 8107. No mildew or old bath towel odor in bathroom. Cabin very dusty on embarkation though, thick dust on lamp shades & fold out sofa (which was not used) with brown stains of unknown origin - housekeeping in this room substandard & not routine. Items seemed only cleaned after specific request it be done.

Noise: Only noise of note was one day when the ship was really rocking.

One of the drawers in the closet kept sliding out and banging on the inside of the closet door. Keeping the closet door open solved nothing because it would bang when the drawer rolled out fully to where it stopped on its own. I got a piece of strapping tape from guest services to tape it shut, fixed the noise. Otherwise it would have "thunked" every 30 seconds or so.

This thread is fantastically useful, but is there any way posters could add in info about when (in what year) they sailed in the cabin in question? This would help us know whether the info is up-to-date.

I was thinking of filling out the form for our Infinity cabin, but that was from 2006, and I wonder how useful the data would be. There have undoubtedly been dry docks and various changes to the ship since then.

A great idea...a new template.

I prompt for the ship name as there have been a few missing where I have had to check the posters history to find the ship name...

SHIP & YEAR OF CRUISE:

CABIN #:

DECK #:

CLASS:

AREA:

BED NEAR:

QUIET?:

BALCONY VIEW

BALCONY SIZE:

WIND A PROBLEM?:

SOOT A PROBLEM?:

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:

Edited by helpthejuggler

CONSTELLATION

CABIN #: 6145

DECK #: Penthouse

CLASS: Sky Suite

AREA: AFT

BED NEAR: Bathroom - Unlike a standard stateroom, the bed is on the wall facing the outside wall/balcony door. Bathroom was huge, unlike the standard SS's (see photos)

QUIET?: Fairly. Could hear piano being played in the connecting PH, and also heard a child having a temper tantrum, but this was during the day and did not bother us. ;)

BALCONY VIEW: Beautiful of the port side.

BALCONY SIZE: Very large (see photo)

WIND A PROBLEM?: Not really

SOOT A PROBLEM?: No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: The closet door slide instead of opening out. One side has shelves with a safe on one. The other side is for hanging clothes. Neither is large and the door made it awkward to get to things. There were also automatic lights in the closet - one for each side. If the doors were not closed just so, the light would stay on. The doors also had a habit of sliding when there was ship movement. I woke up one night to a light glaring in my eyes. The door had come open in the middle of the night.

Not enough electrical outlets for U.S appliances. Plenty for European! Take some 2 prong adaptors to use with small electronics such as cell phones and iPads or convertible current appliances.

Thank you for your post and pictures. I just got upgraded to a similar cabin on the Millie!

SHIP & YEAR OF CRUISE: Infinity (2014)

CABIN #: 9106

CLASS: A2

BED NEAR: Bath

QUIET?: Yes, although did hear muffled footsteps from above a couple of times, nothing intrusive and only during the day.

BALCONY VIEW: Wonderful

BALCONY SIZE: Normal

WIND A PROBLEM?: No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: I could smell a slight odour in the bathroom although my DH didn't. Lovely cabin, great stewards, good location, would have no hesitation booking this one again.

SHIP & YEAR OF CRUISE: Equinox 2014

CABIN #: 6258

CLASS: 2C

AREA: midship

BED NEAR: bathroom

QUIET?: yes (except for guests in cabin next door who let the door slam when entering/exiting)

BALCONY VIEW : between tops of two lifeboats

BALCONY SIZE: adequate

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: this was our second time in a partially obstructed verandah cabin and at times I felt a little claustrophobic because of the bright orange lifeboats hemming us in; however, the substantial savings made up for the slight inconvenience

SHIP & YEAR OF CRUISE: Equinox 2014

CABIN #: 6258

CLASS: 2C

AREA: midship

QUIET?: yes (except for guests in cabin next door who let the door slam when entering/exiting)

BALCONY VIEW : between tops of two lifeboats

BALCONY SIZE: adequate

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: this was our second time in a partially obstructed verandah cabin and at times I felt a little claustrophobic because of the bright orange lifeboats hemming us in; however, the substantial savings made up for the slight inconvenience

This should be on the S Class, not M Class!

SHIP & YEAR OF CRUISE: Infinity (2014)

CABIN #: 9106

CLASS: A2

BED NEAR: Bath

QUIET?: Yes, although did hear muffled footsteps from above a couple of times, nothing intrusive and only during the day.

BALCONY VIEW: Wonderful

BALCONY SIZE: Normal

WIND A PROBLEM?: No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: I could smell a slight odour in the bathroom although my DH didn't. Lovely cabin, great stewards, good location, would have no hesitation booking this one again.

Thank you for your post. We have your cabin booked for our Panama cruise in March. We are really looking forward to our cruise and having our friends in the neighbouring cabin! 😊 Ann-Maree

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

SHIP & YEAR OF CRUISE: Summit - 2014

CABIN #: 8181

CLASS: FV (Family Veranda)

AREA: aft

QUIET?: yes and no - When it's quiet, it's very quiet. No engine noise, bar noise, etc. Plenty of rattles from cabinets and walls in heavy seas. Neighbors' commode sounds like it's in your bathroom.

BALCONY VIEW : Best on the ship. Corner position allows full port-side view, full aft view, partial starboard-side view. Roughly 270 degrees.

BALCONY SIZE: Enormous. Big enough for table with 6 chairs, two additional chairs and two lounge chairs with room left over.

WIND A PROBLEM?: Can be. While the ship is moving, it can be quite windy along the rails, where the ship doesn't block it. Plenty of room in the lee of the ship's wall.

SOOT A PROBLEM?: No. This is 2014, not 1814.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Further isolated from hallway by a short hallway and second, door; second door also requires Sea Pass card for entry, but can be propped open. Bathroom is small and basic; smelled a little. Shower is narrow. Bathroom floor tiles make squishing noise after the shower is run, which may explain the funky smell. Two 32" LCD televisions (one at the foot of the bed, the other in the sitting area). Two sofas in sitting area; both fold out. Two full-size, double-door cabinets, plus one half-cabinet with drawers. Despite being on the stern, the proximity to the aft elevators and stairs is manageable; easy access to Oceanview Cafe and MDR.

CABIN #: 1141

DECK #: 11

CLASS: A1

AREA: Aft (faces Aft)

QUIET?: Yes, unless someone decides to run on deck 12 above your cabin.

BALCONY VIEW Excellent-faces the rear

BALCONY SIZE: Oversized (2x normal)

SOOT A PROBLEM?: very slight...brush off the chairs before you sit down.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Ideal cabin in good seas. Awful if you hit rough seas. The balcony door can not be secured in any position from the outside...and only locked closed from the inside. As a result, if you are on the balcony, your balcony door will crash open and crash closed if the ship is rocking. Bring a Bungee Cord. Similarly, there are no stops to hold the nightstand or closet drawers closed so if the ship rocks, the drawers open and close themselves (with a thud, of course). Bring duct tape. Smoking is no longer allowed on 10 so that is not a problem being just above the old smoking section. On the other hand, we did have the occasional smell of garlic, presumably from the pasta bar in the buffet.

Constellation 2014

Cabin: 8044

Deck: 8 forward

Category: 09 - inside

Quiet: No, had a constant, very, very loud noise. We never figured out what the motor noises were, but earplugs were needed for sleep and we never were able to spend any quiet time in cabin. But, it was a short 5 day cruise, so we managed. Perhaps we should have expected a problem as it is only cabin in that area with a very large crew area adjacent.

Comments: Great location adjacent to aft stairs/elevators, but noise level makes cabin a poor choice.

Ship and Year of Cruise: Infinity, 2014

Cabin #: 6033

Deck: 6

Class: 2C

Area: Forward

Bed Near: Centered

Quiet?: Yes - no problems at all with noise.

Balcony View: Wonderful

Balcony Size: Fabulous - one of the 'Sweet Sixteen'

Wind a Problem?: No

Soot a Problem?: No

Comments: As stated, the cabin is one of the 'Sweet Sixteen'. The veranda is twice as deep as any other in this category. We moved the inside table out to the veranda and moved the small table in. This gave us more room in the cabin and a bigger table for breakfast on the veranda. A great location near, but not next to elevators/stairs.

Ship and Year of Cruise: Infinity, 2014

Cabin #: 6033

Deck: 6

Class: 2C

Area: Forward

Bed Near: Centered

Quiet?: Yes - no problems at all with noise.

Balcony View: Wonderful

Balcony Size: Fabulous - one of the 'Sweet Sixteen'

Wind a Problem?: No

Soot a Problem?: No

Comments: As stated, the cabin is one of the 'Sweet Sixteen'. The veranda is twice as deep as any other in this category. We moved the inside table out to the veranda and moved the small table in. This gave us more room in the cabin and a bigger table for breakfast on the veranda. A great location near, but not next to elevators/stairs.

Thanks for the review. We are in 6033 in February! Glad to hear that it is quiet. Looking forward to the bigger balcony and our first Sweet 16!

Thanks for the review. We are in 6033 in February! Glad to hear that it is quiet. Looking forward to the bigger balcony and our first Sweet 16!

Enjoy *our* cabin. We really hated to leave it.

Dan