Scuba excursions for Tahitian

chrismch

We're booked on the tahitian for 11/10/05. Anyone have good experiences with any scuba excursions there either with Princess or done independently? We would love to dive as much as possible. Also any suggestions for other water type excursions like swimming with mantas or dolphins?:p

Hi. We were on Pacific Princess Tahiti to Hawaii and we dove in Moorea and Bora Bora. The diving is phenominal there! We booked our dives through the ship. We weren't that impressed with Bathy's in Moorea because of the little things they neglected to do, i.e. drinks and fruit after the dive, and they wanted us to carry our tanks and gear off the boat for them.

In Bora Bora we dove with Bora Dive Center. We booked a morning dive which was supposed to be Mantas and then an afternoon dive. It was raining that day and we were told that the visibility in the lagoon for the Mantas wasn't good. It was disappointing, but we elected to dive the reef. It was great because it was only the two of us. The afternoon dive was fun as well. A lot of the staff went with us. Michel and Anne who run the center were great.

If we had more time on each island, I probably would have booked my Moorea dive through Top Dive since they've gotten excellent recommendations.

marly,

Was the Moorea dive booked through Princess? They didn't have any dive excursion on Moorea when we were there. Do you know if it's a new operator? Also is Top Dive parked near the tender pier to pick up any last minute divers?

Donna: We booked our dives in Moorea and Bora Bora through the ship. I don't remember seeing Top Dive there when we got off the ship. You might check the scuba and snorkel area on the CC board to find out more about Top Dive.

Archived