Allure Diamond Lounge Questions

LouL

Our last few cruises have been on Celebrity, but we're excited to finally

cruise on Allure leaving 9/29. Where is the Diamond Lounge on Allure?

What time is it open in the evening?

On Celebrity the hours in the evening are quite early, especially for late

diners.

Also what is dress code? Are men required to wear long pants? My husband was asked to leave a couple of trips ago when he came in

shorts...again it was early for us and we had not gotten ready for the

evening.

And totally in a different direction....are table numbers still printed on

sea pass card? Any other changes we'll notice?

Lou

diners.

Also what is dress code? Are men required to wear long pants? My husband was asked to leave a couple of trips ago when he came in

evening.

Lou

The diamond lounge is on deck six and overlooks the promenade. You can access it any time with your seapass card dressed in anything you like. Sometimes they have the evening cocktails and yummy snacks in one of the lounges. Seems like that began around 5 pm. Don't recall an evening dress code.

With early or late dining, table numbers are printed on your seapass.

And yes, you will probably notice Allure is quite possibly the best ship at sea!! :D

diners.

evening.

Lou

The Diamond Club is located on Deck 6, starboard side. You have access 24/7 as your SeaPass card will be coded for entry. Cocktail hour is 5-8:30 every evening.

During the day, shorts can be worn. Our experience has been that during the hours of 5-8:30PM casual clothing can be worn excluding shorts.

Yes, for Traditional Dining, your Table Number is imprinted on your SeaPass Card.

On the Allure, the DL is located on deck 6 forward. It does not have an Oceanview, but instead it overlooks the royal promenade. it is open to D members 24 hours a day. there is a specialty coffee maker. in the morning, there is continental breakfast. Noon and afternoon, one can relax there and grab a coffee.

the space is not terribly large, so, depending on the number of D's on board, cocktail hour is often moved to Blaze Nightclub (roomy). As I recall, the hours are 5:00 to 8:30, so longer than Celebrity. hot and cold appetizers are put out. rather than a small menu of drinks, bartenders will mix a variety of drinks from a selection of liquors.

table numbers are on sea pass cards.

Edit| I see two people posted the same info before me, all of us within one minute. Wow.

On the Allure, the DL is located on deck 6 forward. It does not have an Oceanview, but instead it overlooks the royal promenade. it is open to D members 24 hours a day. there is a specialty coffee maker. in the morning, there is continental breakfast. Noon and afternoon, one can relax there and grab a coffee.

the space is not terribly large, so, depending on the number of D's on board, cocktail hour is often moved to Blaze Nightclub (roomy). As I recall, the hours are 5:00 to 8:30, so longer than Celebrity. hot and cold appetizers are put out. rather than a small menu of drinks, bartenders will mix a variety of drinks from a selection of liquors.

table numbers are on sea pass cards.

Edit| I see two people posted the same info before me, all of us within one minute. Wow.

This will be the first ship we've been on with a DL since we made D. We have been in GS before and used the CL, but usually stuck with wine/champagne. My question is do they have coconut rum and pineapple juice? Or do they only have regular rum? Pineapple Juice and coconut rum is my latest favorite drink.:rolleyes:

This will be the first ship we've been on with a DL since we made D. We have been in GS before and used the CL, but usually stuck with wine/champagne. My question is do they have coconut rum and pineapple juice? Or do they only have regular rum? Pineapple Juice and coconut rum is my latest favorite drink.:rolleyes:

I usually drink wine or champagne (or sometimes they'll make me a champage cocktail). So, I am not a hard liquor expert, to say the least. Actually, I'm certainly not a wine expert, either:o.

Still, I do not recall seeing coconut rum in the DL on any ship. You should ask, of course, but I suspect they'll only have a regular rum.

Congradtualtions on reaching D and enjoy your first D lounge experience.

I usually drink wine or champagne (or sometimes they'll make me a champage cocktail). So, I am not a hard liquor expert, to say the least. Actually, I'm certainly not a wine expert, either:o.

Still, I do not recall seeing coconut rum in the DL on any ship. You should ask, of course, but I suspect they'll only have a regular rum.

Congradtualtions on reaching D and enjoy your first D lounge experience.

That's what I thought. Being in the CL, I remember only seeing basic liquors. Diamond events have been held in lounges, but any mixed drink was at a discount.. We'll see. I can survive on wine/champagne lol.

That's what I thought. Being in the CL, I remember only seeing basic liquors. Diamond events have been held in lounges, but any mixed drink was at a discount.. We'll see. I can survive on wine/champagne lol.

I have read on cruise critic that some (or maybe all) ships have changed to a different label of wine. I hope DH and I like it better. It would be very sad if it got worse!

I can survive on Mimosa's very easily :p

Dress code has been laxed. I think we had Desmond last year and shorts were allowed except formal night, pants must be worn that night. But each concierge is different they might enforce or not enforce. On the first night just ask.

Oasis I wore shorts or pants and polo shirts, the concierge was fine with it.

It may depend on whether the nightly cocktail time is held in the true DL, or if there are a lot of diamonds on board, it usually switched to Blaze. Blaze is the nightclub with a true bar - they have a lot more room and more choices. On the Freedom and Liberty when in the actual Diamond lounge with a limited selection I have seen bartenders go to the Viking Lounge bar (right outside the door) if they were asked for something in particular that was not a top shelf type drink.

It may depend on whether the nightly cocktail time is held in the true DL, or if there are a lot of diamonds on board, it usually switched to Blaze. Blaze is the nightclub with a true bar - they have a lot more room and more choices. On the Freedom and Liberty when in the actual Diamond lounge with a limited selection I have seen bartenders go to the Viking Lounge bar (right outside the door) if they were asked for something in particular that was not a top shelf type drink.

On my Oasis cruise, there was a limited selection in Blaze (quite a while ago). The rest of the bottles were covered even though you could still see them. I have only seen Baccardi Silver in the CL and/or DL. We never went when on Allure because our kids weren't Diamond yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was able to get a malibu (coconut rum) and pineapple in the DL...

They have pineapple juice, don't know about the coconut rum

diners.

evening.

Lou

You will find RCCL's lounge days/hours of operations are more accommodating than Celebrity.

First, (unlike Celebrity) it is open EVERY night of the cruise. It open for approx. 3 hours rather than 2. We had a port intensive Celebrity cruise and returned to the ship after 5PM. We could not go to the lounge in touring clothes and often could not get showered and changed in time to get back before they closed. The hours will be listed on the "welcome letter" you will find in the cabin.

I believe there is a dress "expectation" (dress code?) of long pants in the evening.

Unlike Celebrity, RCCL does NOT allow a cabin mate to join you on the lounge or for most C&A events.

Your scheduled dining time (first or second)and table number will be on the seapass card. Once you are on board, many like to go to the dining room to check on the table size and location.

enjoy

M

Lou

We too will be on the same Allure sailing as you. Come on over to our very active roll call thread (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1498882&page=56) and get to meet some additional shipmates. Also, have you signed up for the Meet & Mingle yet?

This will be our fourth time on Allure and are just as excited about the cruise as the first time we were on her.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived