Country Inn and Suites Galveston seems to be a good deal?

lrn2cruise

I am seeing a lot of frustration on getting around Houston to Galveston and back. I am doing just some research. No, I am not going on a cruise soon, but I might as well help some people who are.

Anyway, it looks like Country Inn and Suites has the best deal that I have seen so far.

You can park for free the whole cruise, there is transportation from the airport with a fee both ways.

I would call and see what is available

I think we would stay here from San Antonio, because we could keep our car here the whole week for free

http://www.countryinns.com/galveston-hotel-tx-77550/txgalves/hotel/services/detail

In my preparing for our second cruise out of Galveston, we are not concerned about a place to stay and transportation to the port. Our biggest is from Houston Airport, probably Hobby, to Galveston and back. It is costly and most have sticker shock after no having those kinds of issues in Florida. We just consider it a price of the cruise. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Iv'e stayed at the County Inn & Suites a number of time. It is perfect for a pre-cruise stay. The hotel is only about 4 years old, free breakfast, free parking during your cruise, free wifi, indoor pool, and right on the seawall....

We are booked there for the October 21st sailing of the Triumph. Our price is $59/night...

They offer a shuttle for $7/person each way... however, we always just call a taxi. It's only 15 minutes to the pier, and the cost is about $12... simple and easy

Archived