E Cigs

tammy&gary

Although you're only allowed to smoke your Ecig in designated smoking areas, I would love to see who will detect if you smoked it in your cabin. Not trying to tell you to do something against the rules, but lets be honest here.

BTW, Princess does allow Ecigs in non- smoking areas, so it may be time to look at other cruise lines with different smoking policies.

Wow,, I thought I was just asking a simple question,,, didn't mean/nor want some of the curt responses that this has ensued..

Everyone has a right to their opinions/ideals,,,, but,,,,,, I don't believe that speaking to others in some of the tones found here is acceptable.

We are all trying to make the best of our upcoming cruise,,, some of these responses could make for uncomfortable people... me included.

Wow,, I thought I was just asking a simple question,,, didn't mean/nor want some of the curt responses that this has ensued..

Everyone has a right to their opinions/ideals,,,, but,,,,,, I don't believe that speaking to others in some of the tones found here is acceptable.

We are all trying to make the best of our upcoming cruise,,, some of these responses could make for uncomfortable people... me included.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!:D There are some subjects that produce strong opinions...tipping, smoking threads of all kinds and smuggling booze are three that come to mind.

QUESTION PLEASE. I use an E Cig as I try to quit smoking. Am I going to be limited to just the smoking areas if I want to use? Does anyone know Carnivals policy on them since they are so new?

Be discreet in public areas like you would at home in your local grocery store, restaurant or hospital.....and please ENJOY your cruise!!!:D

I agree with you and it is easy to stealth vape anywhere and nobody even notices I have been asked to borrow my pen many times in our local hospitals they don't care as long as you aren't obvious with your vaping. I have found the same thing on my last cruise nobody said a word. I have been one year today without a cigarette the last thing I want to do is go where smokers are to vape. Doesn't make sense we find something to help us quit and everyone still ridicules us for that!!

You won't find me anywhere near the smoking areas. After using my e-Cig for two years I find I can't stand the smell of smoke!

I think once the FDA runs a honest study of these things the public, as a whole, will back them up and encourage smokers (in a nice way) to try them out.

QUESTION PLEASE. I use an E Cig as I try to quit smoking. Am I going to be limited to just the smoking areas if I want to use? Does anyone know Carnivals policy on them since they are so new?

Policy says only in smoking areas , but I have used mine everywhere on the ship with the exception of the Main Dining Room , albeit discreetly , in all places , I do use it in the stateroom and on all weather decks .

Not once has anyone ever said you can't do that here , I use it in the serenity area as well .

Congrats on your first cruise Tammy and Gary!

Carnival's smoking policy only allows e-cigs in smoking areas.

"Note: Electronic cigarettes or e-cigarettes are only allowed in the designated smoking areas."

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/faq/default.aspx?faq=smoking

As a former smoker, I know how difficult it can be. I quit cold turkey after 30 years. It can be done. Good luck. The more you can stay away from smoking, the better off you will be. But trust me, after a while, your tolerance will change, and the smell of smoke will become a big turn-off.

Last cruise we cruised with friends and one of them smokes the e-cigs. She smoking them all over the ship, her room, the shops, MDR for dinner and the showrooms. I did not think it was appropriate in the MDR, yet not one staff member ever asked her not to use them.

Archived