Help

hairone

Leaving April 20 on the ADVENTURE Miami to South Hampton, How do I get from the ship to the airport & what airport do I leave from to get back to miami?? Where can I get a GOOD price for the plane trip? You can reply on this site or EM me at ontime6402@aol.com

George

You should try posting your question on the Florida boards here at Cruise Critic:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

You might contact your travel agent or Royal Caribbean and see if they have any discounted flights from London. The cruise lines often buy big blocks of space on airlines so you'll save a few hundred or so.

Beyond that you just have to scour the internet check the big air carriers every day to see if their prices fluctuate and try and book the best price. The longer you wait the higher the price will get.

Jonathan

Leaving April 20 on the ADVENTURE Miami to South Hampton, How do I get from the ship to the airport & what airport do I leave from to get back to miami?? Where can I get a GOOD price for the plane trip? You can reply on this site or EM me at ontime6402@aol.com

George

Check our Royal's Choice Air (http://www.choiceair.com) for the trip from England back to the US.

I know of two airports near London that you could use: Heathrow (LHR) and Gatwick (LGW). There may be more. You should check with the British Isles ports of call board for info on airports and transfers:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=233

From memory, only Virgin and BA both fly direct to MIA from Heathrow. However unless booked as part of a package eg cruise, one way is likely to be expensive.

Here's a possible moneysaving option.......FLYBE from Southampton to Dublin, and then there's a number of US airlines that fly indirect to Miami, via NY, Philly, Washington etc. Its moneysaving as you avoid paying the expensive UK APT tax transatlantic. Maybe even stay in Dublin a couple of days.

I'm on the same cruise and right now you can book through Cruise Air, returning from London Heathrow on May 4, 2014 for about $560. u.s. per person direct flight with British Airways and same price for one stop with Delta, AA and United.

Wow, that's a terrific airfare rate, we paid twice that per person for summer flights two years ago.

In regards to your trip from Southampton to Heathrow Airport we used a very reliable company called Smiths for Airports we paid 72 pounds. Very reliable, prompt service would use them again, highly recommended.

Heard about Smiths through the Britain travel boards here at Cruise Critic.

http://www.smithsforairports.com/index.html

Jonathan

George

Leaving your email online is not a good idea.

Also, when posting, try to put part of the question in the TITLE/SUBJECT. If everyone used short titles like "help" , these boards would become, well... you can see.

Along with the earlier ideas, check out your ROLL CALL.

Leaving your email online is not a good idea.

Yes, unfortunately, there are bad guys who use automated programs (called spider bots) to search through the internet for valid email addresses. These programs find the email along with some information about the site or the person who posted the email. It then automatically puts these details in an email and sends it to you. it might be to introduce a virus to your computer, or to "phish" for information from you. The email will look somewhat realistic but vague such as:

"Im responding to your interest in Miami cruise transportation"

I was victimized by this when a program got my email from a Parent Teacher Organization website and I got an email that mentioned Girl Scouts and the school in question. Fortunately, I figured it out, but not before I had responded a couple of times and got more vague messages. And if you innocently respond that's when the troubles can start! And it's all done automatically unless the culprits want to get involved personally to try to get identity info.

Good luck with you TA!

Archived