Tea on Riviera

rhinog

Hi

We are off on Riviera on Sunday and I was wondering if I can get a decent cup of tea anywhere on board. Does Baristas have tea as well as coffee? Couldn't see it mentioned on the menu. I noticed that Red Ginger has a tea menu but wasn't sure if it was available elsewhere. Or will I have to just visit the afternoon tea for a cup (Trying not to look at the cakes etc). I drink mostly "English" Tea but do like to have green and black teas as well.

Thanks

Phil

Hi

We are off on Riviera on Sunday and I was wondering if I can get a decent cup of tea anywhere on board. Does Baristas have tea as well as coffee? Couldn't see it mentioned on the menu. I noticed that Red Ginger has a tea menu but wasn't sure if it was available elsewhere. Or will I have to just visit the afternoon tea for a cup (Trying not to look at the cakes etc). I drink mostly "English" Tea but do like to have green and black teas as well.

Thanks

Phil

The Red Ginger Tea Menu is only available in that venue, but all of the restaurants serve tea, as Does Baristas and room service. You won't go without ;)

Do they do it in a teapot, at afternoon tea? Or is just a bag in your cup?

In a proper tea pot

It is usually Twinings also available in the Terrace at the self serve station you can ask for a tea pot if not are available

In a proper tea pot

It is usually Twinings also available in the Terrace at the self serve station you can ask for a tea pot if not are available

Agreed - the tea was quite good. But don't short yourself out of the coffee at Baristas... It's VERY good and made me sad to have to drink Starbucks when we returned to the US. :rolleyes:

You can get tea 24 hours a day by the Terrace restaurant.

If I remember correctly they had a variety of Twinings flavors.

My DH is a tea drinker, likes really good quality tea...and he was always happy with what was available.

English breakfast tea and afternoon tea is available plus all the others. However at afternoon I was given a tea bag I was not sure what to do with it it eventually put it in the teapot of boiling water. Not sure the staff totally got English tea drinking but in red ginger they give you a menu of tea and that is Asian tea drinking which was very different but a wonderful experience try the Chinese gunpowder wonderfully delicate taste

English breakfast tea and afternoon tea is available plus all the others. However at afternoon I was given a tea bag I was not sure what to do with it it eventually put it in the teapot of boiling water. Not sure the staff totally got English tea drinking but in red ginger they give you a menu of tea and that is Asian tea drinking which was very different but a wonderful experience try the Chinese gunpowder wonderfully delicate taste

Did the staff not bring you the tea chest to choose your own tea ...although it is a bag :confused:

I have not seen loose tea served on many cruises lines including Oceania

We did have loose tea on our river cruise but many passenger could not grasp the filter in the pot system :(

Lyn

I haven't seen properly prepared tea on O either, Lyn, although we don't generally go to the afternoon tea where perhaps it is truly brewed. I can't testify since I haven't been a witness.

DH usually orders tea after dinner and it's always been a tea bag ... although there are lots of choices.

I'm a coffee drinker myself so I tend not to notice tea matters. Having said that, when I make tea at home (which I do every so often), I do brew it after having heated the pot.

Mura

I haven't seen properly prepared tea on O either, Lyn, although we don't generally go to the afternoon tea where perhaps it is truly brewed. I can't testify since I haven't been a witness.

Mura

We go just about everyday... it is a tea bag with a pot of hot water

I grew up with tea leaves ...but it is so messy

bags are more convenient ;)

Also the problem is you can make "ok" tea with a tea bag but not if you are just given hot water to go with it. It should be freshly boiled not just warm. It does make a difference. But thanks for all of your advice at least it looks like i won't have to sit in a corner sulking :)

Also the problem is you can make "ok" tea with a tea bag but not if you are just given hot water to go with it. It should be freshly boiled not just warm. It does make a difference. But thanks for all of your advice at least it looks like i won't have to sit in a corner sulking :)

We had afternoon tea on Regatta last year, it's a lovely experience and the scones and cakes are MUCH better than QG on QM2. In fact, it's superior to many top London hotels which charge nearly £50 for the experience.

Unfortunately, the actual tea didn't taste quite right. We chatted to the the F&B manager who confirmed that the water isn't boiled to 100c in the kettles they use to fill the pots.

They will bring you tea made with properly boiled water if you ask. You are right, it does make a difference!

Archived