Turn around time for switching booking from TA to RCCL

laedw

Can anyone give me a guesstimate for switching a booking from a TA back to RCCL? An unscrupulous TA switched my March 2014 direct booking from RCCL to her agency on September 10. I have followed all of the steps RCCL requested in getting back the booking (sending a letter requesting that RCCL get back booking, asking that TA send RCCL a release form, etc.) I eventually had to reach out to RCCL Corporate office and ask for assistance. Today my reservation is still under travel agency. Just wanted to know from fellow CCs if this is the norm.

Wow !! That means the TA had to forge your signature of a document. We have turned over a direct booking with RC to our travel agent and I basically signed an affadavit authorizing the transfer. I would be more than livid. It shouldn't take very long to get the booking back under your name. I would follow up every day ! Just curious about any consequences the TA may face. I would be on the war path with the travel agency. Good luck and keep us apprised of the situation.

Wow !! That means the TA had to forge your signature of a document. We have turned over a direct booking with RC to our travel agent and I basically signed an affadavit authorizing the transfer. I would be more than livid. It shouldn't take very long to get the booking back under your name. I would follow up every day ! Just curious about any consequences the TA may face. I would be on the war path with the travel agency. Good luck and keep us apprised of the situation.

The TA forged my signature on the release form. After a week had passed and my daily calls to RCCL for follow up, RCCL told me they had no record of the TA's release form. I had to call the TA and ask that he fax the form again to RCCL and send me a copy. I now have proof that my signature was forged. I have since sent a formal complaint to the travel agency and I'm waiting for a response. I will keep you posted of the outcome.

How did that TA know of your booking number in the first place? They can't search for that info unless you gave them the info...no?

During our conversation, I gave him my booking number with explicit instructions not to do anything until he got authority from me because I was still apprehensive about whether I was going to take the cruise. Silly me!

During our conversation, I gave him my booking number with explicit instructions not to do anything until he got authority from me because I was still apprehensive about whether I was going to take the cruise. Silly me!

Wouldn't it be easier to just cancel the cruise and rebook? Assuming, there would not be any penalties.

Just checked the RCCL website and my booking has been switched back to them.

That's good. One less thing to worry about. :). In the future, it would probably be a good idea not to give out your booking number, unless you plan on transferring your cruise. Maybe, the agent misunderstood, although, they shouldn't have signed your name.

That's good. One less thing to worry about. :). In the future' date=' it would probably be a good idea not to give out your booking number, unless you plan on transferring your cruise. Maybe, the agent misunderstood, although, they shouldn't have signed your name.[/quote']

Thank you and I will be very careful about sharing too much information with the next travel agent. The agent did not misunderstand. I made it quite clear that I did not want him to switch over my booking until he heard from me. That was just a sneak move.

Guest maddycat

I'm glad that everything worked out for you and your reservation was transfered back to RCI. If I were in your position, I would go to the TA's website and find out what professional associations the agency belongs to. I would then send a letter to the association explaining what happened to you. I would not let the TA get away with what he did.

It's very easy to find the various professional travel agent associations. I googled it and found several. My TA belongs to CLIA and NACOA. They all seem to have websites with contact information.

I'm glad that everything worked out for you and your reservation was transfered back to RCI. If I were in your position, I would go to the TA's website and find out what professional associations the agency belongs to. I would then send a letter to the association explaining what happened to you. I would not let the TA get away with what he did.

It's very easy to find the various professional travel agent associations. I googled it and found several. My TA belongs to CLIA and NACOA. They all seem to have websites with contact information.

The only information I have about the TA is that his travel agency is an independently owned and operated affiliate of a major online travel agency (I don't think I can post the name of the agency). I did reach out to the agency via phone and letter and filed a complaint. We will see what happens.

Guest maddycat
The only information I have about the TA is that his travel agency is an independently owned and operated affiliate of a major online travel agency (I don't think I can post the name of the agency). I did reach out to the agency via phone and letter and filed a complaint. We will see what happens.

I assume that they are a franchise. Then you can follow up with the corporate office.

Archived