Any tours from samana?

tunisbridal

We just returned from our Southern Carribean cruise and did the low impact culture tour with Terry of toursamanawithterry. It was an excellent way to see the countryside, see local culture, and have a local meal (delicious). If the falls are too challenging, there is an area to wait for those who go to the falls. He has many different tours available with descriptions on his website. I highly recommend them, they are a very professional group.

I can't say enough good things about Tour Samana With Terry. We did the zipline/waterfall/lunch with him a couple weeks ago, and it was the highlight of our entire vacation. The staff zipline were incredibly professional and safe. Lunch was on a private beach and absolutely delicious. Then we got to sample island specialties and shop from locals who were not at all pushy. I bought some fabulous Mana Juana (cool drink in a reusable bottle of herbs and wood chips), and I have been enjoying experimenting with it the part couple weeks. We got back in plenty of time to catch the tenderback.

I can't say enough good things about Tour Samana With Terry. We did the zipline/waterfall/lunch with him a couple weeks ago, and it was the highlight of our entire vacation. The staff zipline were incredibly professional and safe. Lunch was on a private beach and absolutely delicious. Then we got to sample island specialties and shop from locals who were not at all pushy. I bought some fabulous Mana Juana (cool drink in a reusable bottle of herbs and wood chips), and I have been enjoying experimenting with it the part couple weeks. We got back in plenty of time to catch the tenderback.

We just did this same excursion and agree with you completely - it was an AWESOME day and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. We had an awesome time!

My friends' stepdad chose to just get off the ship and found all sorts of locals looking to sell him goods or services (including $10 for an hour with a woman :eek: - he told them he left both his wallet and his woman on the ship. LOL). So if you choose not to plan in advance, just be prepared!

We just got back from the Explorer. We did the ATV TOURS WITH TERRY. It was absolutly the highlight of our trip.

The ATVS are in need of some work. Some had no brakes, some wouldn't start, but in the end it was an awesome trip!

We were late getting a tender, but we were on the tour from 9:30-3. We started by driving to the office to pay, then off to a cultural tour near the waterfall. The tour was very informative. The Samana people are very proud and rely on the land around them for almost everything. Then we went to lunch on the most gorgeous beach. Then we drove on roads through the jungle and to the waterfall.

There are lots of local kids, I gave out some gum to them and they were most appreciative.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Puddles99,

Still laughing about your post! We will be in Samana in a few weeks.

When I read out your post to my husband he said he would take $20 ashore and get a really good woman!!:D

There are 4 of us in our group and we are just going to wait and see what tours are on offer when we arrive. I am hoping we can pick up an independent version of some of the tours described here.

• 2 weeks later...
Every port i've been to people will warn you to be careful (crime, poverty, you'll miss a tender, etc). I have never booked through a ship nor will I. The tour operators livelihood depends on your safety and getting you back to the boat on time. Never had any issues. Just look for recommendations about the different operators on various travel sites if you are nervous, though my family has just walked off the boat and hired a taxi in many ports. For Samana im thinking of booking a whale watching excursion through whalesamana.com for myself and our toddler and a zipline/rv tour for my husband and teen with tours with Terry.

Anastasia3939: when were you going or did you go? I'm wondering what you decided on whale watching with your toddler. My daughter is 2.

Thank you!!

Rachel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anastasia3939: when were you going or did you go? I'm wondering what you decided on whale watching with your toddler. My daughter is 2.

Thank you!!

Rachel

We are going in February, and yes, I am taking my 2 year old on the whale watch. Kim had no problem with me bringing him, and I only have to pay for myself. The only one I'm worried about being queasy in the choppy water is me!

I will let you know how it goes when I come back.

• 1 month later...

Thank you!!

Rachel

Just got back from our cruise. I did take my son on the whale watch with Kim. It was wonderful!! I took a dramamine when I woke up in the morning, so I was fine in the rough seas. I had fun, it was like an amusement park ride. My son found the ride very relaxing and ended up sound asleep in my lap for most of it. Other passengers didn't enjoy themselves as much since many were getting sick. If you are very prone to sea sickness, you may not like it. My toddler and I had a blast. We saw 7 different whales too, including a mother and calf.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app