photos onboard

busybusybusy

I will post this on a few boards, so I apologize if you read it somewhere else as well.

I am going to make a photo book for my inlaws - they are paying for our cruise, and I thought it would make a nice gift. Sony has a great idea on its website - it is a bound "coffee table" book with your photos - you download them to their site and they print it for you in a hardcover book. I plan on taking a lot of photos, but I want to have one of us in our formalwear in the book. Is there some way that I can pay to have a digital version of the photos they take on board, or can I "tip" the photographer to take one with my camera? I would much rather have a copy of the one they take, but I don't know if this is possible. I would appreciate any help!:D

What we've done is give the camera to the people standing in line behind us when we pose for the formal pics, and they take a digital photo of us right after the photographer takes his/hers. There isn't a way for them to give you a digital photo from the one they take. Here's another thing you can do, which is what I've done----take the formal pic and take a photo of that photo with your digital camera. I've done this when I've wanted to email the formal night photos to family members.

You could also scan the formal photo that you bought on the cruise.

There was a recent thread regarding copyright laws and photos. Basically, making any kind of a copy of the ship photo is probably a violation of copyright law (including my suggestion above).

DW is a news reporter and takes lots of photos. When we see a couple doing the "I'll take your photo by the railing then you take mine" routine she always asks if they would like her to take their photo together.

Don't feel bad about asking another cruiser to take your picture.

If this is your first cruise I think you will be surprised at how friendly and acommodating your fellow passengers can be. :)

Charlie

Thanks. I think that is just what I'll do. I want the book to be a surprise for my inlaws, but the rest of the family knows and will help keep everyone together. I appreciate all of the great advice on these boards!:D

• 4 weeks later...

Here is a link to the one I'll use. If you sign up (it's free), they will send you deals on this kind of stuff. I noticed that they ran a sale in the fall on the books, so I'll probably wait - it's going to be a Christmas present, anyway. Have a great cruise!:D

http://www.imagestation.com/photo-gifts/photo-books/

Horizon to Bermuda 8/13/05:D :D

There is also a number (for Carnival)(not sure about others) that you can call and they will send you a copyright release so that you can copy the photos that you have purchased on the ship. :) Have a great time and that is such a nice gift!

Archived