LIVE from the Royal Princess - 30 days, Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale - 9/27 - 10/27

Pia1913

Have a wonderful cruise!! Thanks so much for posting.

Will you try to confirm on your night in The Crown Grill if in fact the Scalloped Potatoes have been taken off the menu? I swear I think I like those better then the steak and will be really disappointed if they have taken them off!!

And your cruise begins! Glad you made it on The Royal. I bet you had your doubts of ever getting there ...in more ways then one. First the problems on the Royal...then that stuff with you flight out of Miami! Now you can relax and enjoy. Thanks for starting the Live thread! We will be on The Royal in Venice!!

Bon Voyage... Pia...Craig & Barbara!!

Pia...Thank You for doing this "Live" on the Royal Princess. We board the Royal Princess on Nov 10th after our B2B on the Crown Princess so we are really looking forward to reading your posts!!

Enjoy your time on the Royal Princess!! :D

Pat :)

Thank you for your opening review contained lots of information.

I wish I could write and explain things like you can so easily so we all understand.

Look forward to your next post as much as I am looking forward to 'Homeland 3'

on Sunday:D

Good luck on your cruise. You getting on just 2 days after we were on the royal and sent home early because of engine and power failure! They cancelled our existing flights to stay in barcelona and booked us to fly home from Rome.

It was a great cruise before the power failure and even after except for the arrangements to get home. We would have prefer to book our own travel plans as we already had a hotel in barcelona, which we will still be charged for!

But they cancelled all flights for US travelers who used princess air and sent us all home!

So after 22 hours awake and in transit we are home safely.

Read about the cancelled sept 15 cruise here.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2430192/Royal-Princess-cruise-ship-launched-Duchess-Cambridge-suffers-severe-mechanical-problems.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Any questions about the royal?. Just ask.

Lynn and Don in indiana

Hey Pia, baesue here;

Thanks for the "Live" thread. Have a great cruise and will be seeing you in Venice.

Everyone is anticipating lots of posts on this thread but what's most important is for you to have a good time. Posts to this thread can wait.;)

Pia (or someone else on board at the moment) -

Can you tell me if the showers have real bars of soap and little bottles of shampoo or if the Royal is trying to go green and put those big bottles of bath gel and shampoo on the wall of the shower that the cabin steward refills?

Thanks and see you soon!

Jennifer

Glad you got there safe and sound. So happy to see your name and that Live! Will look forward every day for your posts. We are booked on her for an Eastern TA in April so I can't wait to hear details! Have a wonderful time!!! Tell Mike to enjoy all the food he wants :D

Pia,

Thank you so much for taking precious time from your vacation to post. We will be on the Royal in Nov and looking so forward to it. Reading your post is like our cruise beginning already. Have a wonderful time!! Happy sailing.:):)

Thanks for another "Live From". Looking forward to hearing your thoughts & comparisons.

Hope you have calm seas and fair winds. Please say hello to Pasquale for me. I know he's heading home in November so I will not see him when I board in Dec. if you get a chance,

Please ask Head Waiter Rui if he will still be aboard thru the end of the year.

Have a great cruise!