So what cruise benefits are in store for us?

BopRN

My husband and I are just entering the 55 age bracket....what great benefits/discounts in cruising are in store for us?Is there always a price difference or only on certain cruises? Or certain times a year?

What should we be expecting to make us feel better about turning 55? :)

I have seen special rates advertised for seniors. We get our first cruising break on our cruise in Oct. We wanted to stay in San Diego the night before our cruise and the Hyatt has a special senior rate, almost 1/2 for a room overlooking the bay, where our ship will be in port. His birthday is in August, so by the time the cruise gets here, we will meet their age requirement. Looking forward to seeing other benefits.

Carol

We scored our first real senior discount for an earlier cruise this year (March). Celebrity Horizon - 10 night Panama - inside - under $700 :)

The icing on the cake was that when we checked in the clerk said they had the wrong name on our cabin :eek: She called her supervisor who showed her how to look up cabins by name and found that we had been moved to an oceanview :)

DW found the deal at an online agency website just prior to Thanksgiving last year. We booked and it disappeared within 48 hours. It pays to be flexible and watch the sites frequently.

Some require you to be 60 and some are 55.

Charlie

I have not seen anything on HAL site where they provide a discount for 55+.:o I know that Carnival and Celebrity ask if anyone is over 55+ when inquiring about pricing on their websites.

Does HAL not provide this benefit? Just curious.

I have not seen anything on HAL site where they provide a discount for 55+.:o I know that Carnival and Celebrity ask if anyone is over 55+ when inquiring about pricing on their websites.

Does HAL not provide this benefit? Just curious.

We received our discount through the online agency that we use. One had the discount for our cruise at age 60. The agency we use said 55 and it was honored by Celebrity.

We have never sailed HAL but check their prices and itineraries. Never seen a senior discount from them.

Charlie

Royal Caribbean does offer 55+ discounts on certain cruises (primarily to the Caribbean or Bahamas out of Florida and some Mexico cruises out of Los Angeles). Not all sailings have 55+ discounts and not all discounts are the same ... as stated above it's best to check often and jump on a "deal" when you find it.

Actually it can begin at 50 as long as you provide an AARP card in your name ;)
I checked out Celebrity and Princess sites for info on senior discounts and couldn't find any. I know when I check rates on line they always ask if anyone is 55+. However, you mentioned that some start at 50 and I'm in that mid range. We have 3 cruises booked now and if I can get a discount by joing AARP, I will finally admit my age & join! Please, more details!:p

Archived