Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: B2B on Carnival Liberty & Carnival Breeze

MikeyA53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boozebabe viewpost.gif

Freckles I know that they are available at the coffee bar/ice cream/dessert area in Ocean Plaza on deck 5. The desserts there are amazing. I have a tradition of having a piece of the dark chocolate cake thats about 5 layers high. So big I save half for the next day or share it. It was only $2.25 on the Breeze in Sept. Carrot cake is huge too but I haven't tried it yet. There are other amazing choices there too. Works of art actually. I don't think any of them is more than $3.00 You'd pay $6 or $7 in a nice restaurant for them. Mike probably remembers the exact price.

I don't remember the exact price but it was about $2.50 each.

Thanks Boozebabe and Mike :)

I know I am jumping ahead but we leave Saturday and I don't know if you will get to Aruba by then.

Do you know if there were shuttles to the beach? We have heard Palm Beach is very nice. If you went to the beach, how much was it to get there and were there facilities at the beach?

Thank you for any info as we have not been to Aruba and know very little about it.:rolleyes:

Shuttle ? Taxi to Palm beach was $4 per person each way. Yes they have facilities.

We have been to Aruba a Ton of times for land vacations - I don't know of a taxi that will take you to Palm beach from the cruise terminal for $4 PP - taxi rates are per cab - so Im guessing a cab from this area will run about $10 each way - you can take the bus which will cost you around $4 PP round trip - think they just raised it so it could be a few cents more.

There is no shuttle.

While the beaches in Aruba are public - Palm beach beaches are utilized by the hotels, the hotels own the palapas and the loungers - therefore - they will not allow you to use them. Your cruise ship towel will be a true give away you are not a guest of the resort. We have gone over to Moomba Beach (restaurant) as long as you buy something - drinks/food - they have loungers you are permitted to use in front of their place.

The only facilities would be the hotels rest rooms etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thumperphi viewpost.gif

I know I am jumping ahead but we leave Saturday and I don't know if you will get to Aruba by then.

Do you know if there were shuttles to the beach? We have heard Palm Beach is very nice. If you went to the beach, how much was it to get there and were there facilities at the beach?

Thank you for any info as we have not been to Aruba and know very little about it.:rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeyA53 viewpost.gif

Shuttle ? Taxi to Palm beach was $4 per person each way. Yes they have facilities.

We have been to Aruba a Ton of times for land vacations - I don't know of a taxi that will take you to Palm beach from the cruise terminal for $4 PP - taxi rates are per cab - so Im guessing a cab from this area will run about $10 each way - you can take the bus which will cost you around $4 PP round trip - think they just raised it so it could be a few cents more.

There is no shuttle.

While the beaches in Aruba are public - Palm beach beaches are utilized by the hotels, the hotels own the palapas and the loungers - therefore - they will not allow you to use them. Your cruise ship towel will be a true give away you are not a guest of the resort. We have gone over to Moomba Beach (restaurant) as long as you buy something - drinks/food - they have loungers you are permitted to use in front of their place.

I remember there was Tracy, Arielle and I and two other persons who took a taxi (small van) to Moomba Beach which is next to Palm Beach. He told us it would be $4 per person.

On the way back there was only the 3 of us. We stopped at a store to buy sodas and the fare came to $14.

In other words LovesCruising is right, it's not actually $4 per person because if you take a taxi by yourself it will be more than $4.

There is no shuttle.

Can you share your experience at Moomba Beach we are thinking of spending the day here in January.....how was the beach, shade area, services and food - thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by thumperphi viewpost.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeyA53 viewpost.gif

I remember there was Tracy, Arielle and I and two other persons who took a taxi (small van) to Moomba Beach which is next to Palm Beach. He told us it would be $4 per person.

On the way back there was only the 3 of us. We stopped at a store to buy sodas and the fare came to $14.

In other words LovesCruising is right, it's not actually $4 per person because if you take a taxi by yourself it will be more than $4.

Mike, there are also van type "buses" that are on the island - I believe they may charge you pp as would the bus. If however you take a regular cab - price is regulated and the fee is based on distance and is per cab. You were probably in one of the van type buses.

p

Can you share your experience at Moomba Beach we are thinking of spending the day here in January.....how was the beach, shade area, services and food - thanks

As Mike indicated, Moomba Beach is located on Palm Beach. The restaurant is fine - a large open air palapa, prices were reasonable. Did not use the rest rooms so can't comment. When we were there we had drinks and snack type food and they came to your lounger to take orders. They will tell you which loungers are theirs as you don't want to use one of the hotels.

Its been a few years since we were there as we used this option on a cruise stop. When we do a land trip we are usually on Eagle Beach. I think its a good option for cruise ship passengers. You can walk all along Palm Beach from here. It is perfectly acceptable to go to any of the other hotels bars etc but my experience (Marriott) with the large resort beach areas has not been positive as a non guest. While the beaches are public - the facilities are owned by the resorts and are for resort guests.

Moomba is located between the Marriott Surf Club and the Holiday Inn.

As Mike indicated, Moomba Beach is located on Palm Beach. The restaurant is fine - a large open air palapa, prices were reasonable. Did not use the rest rooms so can't comment. When we were there we had drinks and snack type food and they came to your lounger to take orders. They will tell you which loungers are theirs as you don't want to use one of the hotels.

Its been a few years since we were there as we used this option on a cruise stop. When we do a land trip we are usually on Eagle Beach. I think its a good option for cruise ship passengers. You can walk all along Palm Beach from here. It is perfectly acceptable to go to any of the other hotels bars etc but my experience (Marriott) with the large resort beach areas has not been positive as a non guest. While the beaches are public - the facilities are owned by the resorts and are for resort guests.

Moomba is located between the Marriott Surf Club and the Holiday Inn.

Thanks Loves.....

Mike - I hope you spent the day here ;) Loving your review

DSC_03812_zpse3a53738.jpg

DSC_03803_zps71bc0b6d.jpg

Off we went to find our tour. We had made reservation with Irie Tours. We arrived in Curacao at 2 pm and the tour began at 3 pm. Here is an excerpt from their site.

EAST SIDE TOUR

Visiting Curacao during your Cruise? We have the right tour for you!

First we drive over the Juliana Bridge, where you will have a great view of Willemstad. Then we pass through the old Jewish neighborhood, you will see all the old Jewish Mansions that are being restored. We also visit the Curacao Liquor distillery, here you can see how the ‘Blue Curacao’ is made and taste the different flavors. After the distillery we go to the Spanish water area, which is a beautiful residential area in the Spanish Water Bay. The last stop will be at the Curacao Sea Aquarium Beach, we stay here for 1 hour. After this nice stop, we bring you back to town.

Duration: 3 Hours

The price for this trip is $20 and includes: ($25, starting October 1st 2013)

*Beer, soft drinks & bottled water on the bus

*Entrance fee at the beach

*Hotel/Ship Pick-up & drop-off