Brilliance of the Seas

firedudewife

My husband and I are taking a cruise on BOS in April (Western Caribbean) I know nothing about this ship. Just looking for some input from past cruisers who have sailed her.

Some info here at Royal's website:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?shipClassCode=RD&shipCode=BR&br=R

It will give you the deck plans and specialty restaurants.

Just got off the Brilliance 15 day TA two weeks ago. I loved this ship! She was rehabbed this year and she looks great. I was traveling solo and had taken advantage of every price drop and ended up in an inside guarantee on deck 2 - a location I had never been before. I loved it - very quiet and only two decks down from the Centrum, which is the hub of all the action on the ship.

Do you have any specific questions?

The only thing I don't like is the enclosed Solarium....you can't tan in there, so you're forced to do your tanning out on the main pool area, which is crowded and loud!

I do like the outdoorr WJ seating.

Which makes two reasons that we love Radiance class ships: the enclosed climate-controlled solarium which permits you to use the pool and hot tub regardless of the outside weather conditions ( I still doubt that the glass roof filters out the UV rays that cause sunburn and tanning but if it keeps certain people out that is just another plus;)), and the alfresco dining area of the Windjammer which is great when the weather is consistent with outside dining.

We were just on Brilliance for 27 consecutive days and were very pleased with many of the changes that were made during her recent drydock refurbishment.

The English pub(non-smoking) which took the place of the smoky sports bar, the spectacular aerial shows, Giovanni's, and Captain Stig made sailing on her a definite plus. Less than 4 weeks until we sail on her again and we can hardly wait.

Thanks for the info so far. My husband and I are new to cruising. We took our kids this past November on the Freedom of the Seas, and had an incredible time. We were hooked! My husband doesn't actually know about the April cruise. It's my anniversary surprise to him. I was looking for a more intimate ship, one that wasn't so kid oriented. In photos I've seen, I love all the glass. Seems like there are some nice intimate spots. I've read mixed reviews on the food, but people's options seem to vary widely, and I wouldn't dismiss a cruise based solely on food reviews. Thanks again. All your reviews really help!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

It is retractable, however, we have never seen it open. Even when it's really hot in there!

We do love Brilliance though. She's a beauty for sure. We have a 5 day booked in April also. Love sailing out of Tampa, very close to home.

Pinkrosesdeb when in April??

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi I have one question for of you who have been on the Brilliance. I went on my first RCCL cruise last spring(Enchantment of the Seas) and there was a dj that played 60's,70's,and 80's music. Is there a dj aboard the Brilliance that is similar to this? If so,what lounge did he/she play in? Thanks,Kendra

Archived