Liberty - Balcony or Premium Balcony

Nadersmom

Can anyone tell me the difference between the balcony and the premium balcony on the Liberty. Is it strictly the size of the balcony? are the room sizes different?

Can upgrade to premium balcony for no charge if I book today before the Preview Sale is up. Premium balconies are AFT, though not aft facing. Standard balconies are all mid ship.

Can anyone tell me pros/cons between the two?

Thanks so much!

Hi Beth~ We've had a "Premium Balcony" 2 times. Both times our room type was "Premium Balcony", but was the same price as an 8A, which is the regular balcony on the upper deck. Due to the configuration of these cabins, they appear to be more roomy; however, IMO, the only thing bigger is the balcony itself, which is about 2x the size of a regular balcony.

Some Premium Balconies are L-shaped, and thus, you lose the sofa, which for us is not a big deal because we never sit on it anyway :)

A Premium Balcony for an 8A price, is one of the best deals on CCL, and is always our first choice when booking. Incidentally, last year we booked an aft-extended balcony (off the aft of the ship), and did not like it nearly as much as our L-shaped balcony. For our cruise in Jan 2014 on the Liberty, we scored cabin 6450 for $1265 total :) WOOOOHOOO!!!!

Hi Beth~ We've had a "Premium Balcony" 2 times. Both times our room type was "Premium Balcony", but was the same price as an 8A, which is the regular balcony on the upper deck. Due to the configuration of these cabins, they appear to be more roomy; however, IMO, the only thing bigger is the balcony itself, which is about 2x the size of a regular balcony.

Some Premium Balconies are L-shaped, and thus, you lose the sofa, which for us is not a big deal because we never sit on it anyway :)

A Premium Balcony for an 8A price, is one of the best deals on CCL, and is always our first choice when booking. Incidentally, last year we booked an aft-extended balcony (off the aft of the ship), and did not like it nearly as much as our L-shaped balcony. For our cruise in Jan 2014 on the Liberty, we scored cabin 6450 for $1265 total :) WOOOOHOOO!!!!

Thanks so much for the reply!! It sure sounded like a great price. We can get the premium balcony for 2 of us on empress deck for $1,281 including prepaid gratuities! I figure I wont get the chance again.

Should I take the premium over the standard?

Thanks so much for the reply!! It sure sounded like a great price. We can get the premium balcony for 2 of us on empress deck for $1,281 including prepaid gratuities! I figure I wont get the chance again.

Should I take the premium over the standard?

Wow!!! That's a great deal! Yes, do it! Once you go with the Premium Balcony, you will always want one!!!!

BTW ~ When are you cruising? If we go before you, I will be sure to post pictures of our L-shaped Premium in January :)

We are booking Nov 2 cruise out of Port Canaveral. So far away :(

But we just got back from cruise #2 in beginning of this month so we need time to save LOL

That would be awesome if you could post the pictures. My biggest concern with the aft balcony was motion compared to the mid section of the ship. I haven't had any issues on first two cruises, but I take Bonine just in case and neither of them were as high up as deck 7. Though now that I think of it, you would think if I was going to get nauseous from the motion, I would have done so while hanging out on the Lido deck ect. right?

so it sounds like Premium balcony is the way to go! $220 total more than ocean view so may as well do it!!!

Thank you so much for your information. Having never been in a balcony I just didn't know which way to go. Thank you for being so helpful!!!

I have really bad motions sickness.... the one thing that was slightly awkward about this cabin is the bed faces the ocean, therefore you rock head to feet, instead of side to side, if that makes sense. Being in the aft, you do get sort of a swirl feel.... by the end of the cruise I came to move that feeling :) Here are some pictures!

383368_2748965117320_399304101_n.jpg

394557_2748965437328_1249469590_n.jpg

397558_2748962637258_1762519457_n.jpg

I have really bad motions sickness.... the one thing that was slightly awkward about this cabin is the bed faces the ocean, therefore you rock head to feet, instead of side to side, if that makes sense. Being in the aft, you do get sort of a swirl feel.... by the end of the cruise I came to move that feeling :) Here are some pictures!

383368_2748965117320_399304101_n.jpg

394557_2748965437328_1249469590_n.jpg

397558_2748962637258_1762519457_n.jpg

is that the L shaped cabin that has the bed rocking head to feet?

Yes ~ Note in pic 1 & 2, the bed faces the window. I think most normal balconies, the bed faces either the front or rear of the ship, at least in the ones we've stayed in. Therefore in a regular balcony, you typically rock in bed, side to side. Anyone else have any input on this?

I just got off the Liberty and had a premium balcony, 6481 to be exact. I absolutely loved that cabin. I liked it better than a regular balcony cabin. It does not have a couch, but I loved the layout. It has 2 large windows and the bed faces the windows. The balcony is double the size of a regular balcony. I would book it again in a heartbeat. We did feel the boat vibrating when docking at ports, but it didn't bother me.

I just got off the Liberty and had a premium balcony, 6481 to be exact. I absolutely loved that cabin. I liked it better than a regular balcony cabin. It does not have a couch, but I loved the layout. It has 2 large windows and the bed faces the windows. The balcony is double the size of a regular balcony. I would book it again in a heartbeat. We did feel the boat vibrating when docking at ports, but it didn't bother me.

Cherbear... did you mean to do a thumbs down on your post???

Just an FYI, from all I've read on them and from pictures on cruiselinerooms dot com, only the 6th floor L shaped (8A) have two windows plus the door. Other floors don't have the window next to the door like in the previous photo. Depending on the ship and room, some beds face the wall and some do have couches, but most seem to have a chair instead. Also, I've seen posts saying they had a queen bed that didn't separate, and others saying they had a king that could separarte into twins (with reduced floor space.) So not all L shapes are the same. It would be a good idea to google images of your particular ship and room number to see actual photos taken of your room by previous guests to know for sure what yours will look like. (Hope that made sense!)

Also, the premium balcony cabins are the same category as the regular balconies next to them, so you can get price drops even if the premium balconies on your floor are sold out, as long as there are still regular balconies, aft, on your floor still available. I saved $320 dollars so far!

Excited for my L shaped balcony coming up in January!

It would be a good idea to google images of your particular ship and room number to see actual photos taken of your room by previous guests to know for sure what yours will look like. (Hope that made sense!)

Excited for my L shaped balcony coming up in January!

Totally agree :D

Archived