carribean october

cheekyscouse

Expect showers in the Caribbean as well as sunshine

Be prepared for any type of weather crossing the Atlantic. We were unlucky with our cruise 3 yrs ago. It was very cold and windy and our Tenerife port of call was replaced by Azores.

Passengers were buying jumpers and fleeces from the on board shops!

Pack some warmer clothing for the first days just in case.

Hopefully you will be lucky

Have a great cruise! It's bound to be good.

Caryl

Hi everyone am doing transatlantic to Caribbean on October 25 for 15 nights, what kind of weather is to be expected at that time?:confused:

any info much appreciated:cool:

This is from a post I did a couple of weeks ago for someone else asking about the Transatlantic and the weather across.

We did the 3 week Transatlantic on Ventura last Nov leaving on the 2nd, first time on a transatlantic and we loved it so much we have booked a transatlantic for this Nov.

Here is a brief over view of what weather/conditions we experienced last year (I write a diary)

First day after leaving Southampton we were off the Brest peninsular, weather scattered clouds 10 degrees ok for a bracing walk on deck!

Day 2 Off the coast off Northern Spain went across BOB without realising during the night, weather scattered clouds and sun 13 degrees ships course will take us down the coast of Portugal today (Our first port on this cruise was Madeira)

Day 3 South of Lisbon heading southwest 1000 miles from Southampton now. 11am the sun is trying to shine it is a 'balmy' 17.1 degrees now the Oasis pool is filled dare I go for a swim?

Day 4 Funchal today weather fine rain and showers but 20 degrees, now have shorts on although a waterproof jacket to!

Day 5 2700 miles to Tortola! weather 18 degrees broken clouds and showers still travelling more westerly than south at the moment so not level with the Canary Islands yet so expecting it to get warmer once we turn more southerly.

Day 6 Getting much warmer now nearly 21 degrees at 11am and sunny

Days 7-10 Hot 27-30 degrees and sunny most of the time, balcony too hot to sit for long....

First port of call Tortola cruised 4059 miles from Southampton, typical Tortola weather heavy showers and sun but 28 degrees!

We then had two weeks in the Caribbean...

This year there is no 3 week cruise (shame.. ideal length we thought) so have booked a back to back so we are on-board 4 weeks as we feel just the two week crossing will not long enough once you reach the Caribbean.

We thoroughly enjoyed the crossing not rough at all (hope its the same this year!) it gave us a chance to unwind and relax :D

Thanks vizzog, every time you post that cruise log It reminds us of that great cruise. I agree 3 weeks was the perfect length any longer and my DJ wouldn't fit. lucky you doing a back to back, wish we had the opportunity. We could only run to 2 weeks joining you in Barbados. Only drawback for you is that you have Scott and Pat on board for 4 weeks also;)

Archived