Oosterdam - Sailing to LA

sail7seas

Could/would one of you who track maritime traffic check to see how close to LA Oosterdam currently is. I wonder what her ETA is.

Thanks if you can do that. :)

I imagine there were a number of hours yesterday afternoon/last night that were very rough sailing. That could have slowed her.

Could/would one of you who track maritime traffic check to see how close to LA Oosterdam currently is. I wonder what her ETA is.

Thanks if you can do that. :)

I imagine there were a number of hours yesterday afternoon/last night that were very rough sailing. That could have slowed her.

Sail, she is off the coast of Oregon 55 miles just south off Cannon Beach. sailing at 17.5 knots. Ten miles behind, is the Westerdam

KJW is a little faster than me....

Ship Type: Passenger

Speed/Course: 17.4 kn / 177˚

Length x Breadth: 285 m X 32 m

Draught: 8.1 m

Destination: LOS ANGELES

ETA: 2013-10-03 19:00 (UTC)

Received (119): 0h 30min ago

Captain's update at 1pm pacific time confirmed our arrival in LA/San Pedro Thursday morning, Oct 3. He anticipates an 8 am arrival with normal boarding, sailing away at 4pm.

Seattle revised the schedule as follows to make up for the lost day:

We have to skip Hilo because we lost our berth.

We will visit Lahaina instead on Oct 8th from noon-11pm. This is a tender port. HAL is trying to line up shore excursions now and they hope to have the information to us tonight.

We are losing a day in Honolulu. We will be there only on Oct. 9th from 7am to 11pm.

I'll check back later if anything changes.

BTW-the ship is still rolling and corkscrewing a bit but the worst is behind us. It certainly has been an interesting cruise so far!

Colleen

Any other updates regarding this cruise?

Smooth seas?

Thanks!:)

We are here in Hawaii at the tender port of Lahaina. The weather has been beautiful and our time aboard has been delightful. We had a short pause in the middle of the Pacific for a visit from a Coast Guard C130 bringing medical supplies. The CG video link is posted here:

http://mauinow.com/2013/10/07/cruise-ship-with-ailing-passenger-headed-to-maui/

Everyone we talked to on shore seemed to know the story, especially as the O was not originally scheduled to visit this transit. We had a delay tendering today as two guests and their families were taken first to ambulances. These medical emergencies certainly reinforce how lucky we are, in matters of health AND to have such brave and competent professionals who respond so well in emergencies.

We are making an abbreviated stop in Honolulu tomorrow to catch up to our original itinerary following our storm delay in Seattle. There are a lot of veterans and others like us who are disappointed that Pearl Harbor is closed but the tour operators are substituting a visit to the Mighty Mo.

The crew are wonderful and I can't believe we get to spend another month being pampered!

We are here in Hawaii at the tender port of Lahaina. The weather has been beautiful and our time aboard has been delightful. We had a short pause in the middle of the Pacific for a visit from a Coast Guard C130 bringing medical supplies. The CG video link is posted here:

http://mauinow.com/2013/10/07/cruise-ship-with-ailing-passenger-headed-to-maui/

Everyone we talked to on shore seemed to know the story, especially as the O was not originally scheduled to visit this transit. We had a delay tendering today as two guests and their families were taken first to ambulances. These medical emergencies certainly reinforce how lucky we are, in matters of health AND to have such brave and competent professionals who respond so well in emergencies.

We are making an abbreviated stop in Honolulu tomorrow to catch up to our original itinerary following our storm delay in Seattle. There are a lot of veterans and others like us who are disappointed that Pearl Harbor is closed but the tour operators are substituting a visit to the Mighty Mo.

The crew are wonderful and I can't believe we get to spend another month being pampered!

Wow! What a video! What an ordeal.

Archived