Disembarkation airport transfer

jwh

I'll be disembarking in Buenos Aires and need a transfer to the airport. Do HAL operate transfers at the end of the cruise? Is this something I can book on board? I don't need an arrival transfer, just the one at the end of the cruise to the airport? Has anyone used this service before? Your advice is much appreciated.

Yes, they have offered transfers in the past. So I would assume they would for your cruise. You can book your transfer when you book your cruise, or anytime through the HAL website - will be offered on the excursions for your cruise part of their site, or you can wait until you are on board. Depending upon the time of your departure, your transfer may include a city tour as well. I know that flights back to the USA depart late in the evening, but I do not know about Australia.

I'll be disembarking in Buenos Aires and need a transfer to the airport. Do HAL operate transfers at the end of the cruise? Is this something I can book on board?
Yes, you can buy the transfers on board. Look at your post-cruise B.A. excursions for one "with pre-purchased airport transfer" and the same one "without". The difference is the cost of just the transfer.

In my experience, the per person price of a transfer is generally about the same (or more) as a taxi for two people, including a tip.

Yes, I purchased the transfer from the Buenos Aires pier to the airport last January. Even though I had done the tour before, I took it again. My flight was very late evening, so I knew there was going to be a lot of "down" time, and I wanted to minimize it as much as I could. At the end of the tour we were taken to a hotel near the airport to wait for timely transfers, based on my flight time.

It all went very smoothly.

I took the city tour and Tango transfer to EZE. It was the longest tour offered and minimized the wait for my 10:30p flight to Texas.

I did enjoy the tour. The food was really good but there was way too much of it at the Tango. Glad I did it as not likely to get back to BsAs. The show was enjoyable but really loud. YMMV.

Yes, I purchased the transfer from the Buenos Aires pier to the airport last January. Even though I had done the tour before, I took it again. My flight was very late evening, so I knew there was going to be a lot of "down" time, and I wanted to minimize it as much as I could. At the end of the tour we were taken to a hotel near the airport to wait for timely transfers, based on my flight time.

It all went very smoothly.

Many thanks to you all for your quick responses. Is there ever a transfer only option where they take guests to a hotel to wait out the time until flight departure i.e. without the tour. I usually do this with Crystal. Several of us have been to Buenos Aires before and 'done' all the sights more than once.

Odd. Our TA has always offered the options of booking transfers.

Even doing fake bookings on the HAL site, transfers have been available. I just checked your sailing on the HAL site. One of the very first questions when doing a booking was "Would you also like to book your flights or hotels or transfers?* Yes No". The * indicates this question "required" a response. Given that on the shore ex brochure there is different pricing, depending upon if you already have transfers from HAL, for the post cruise tours/transfers to the airport there must be transfers available.

Yes there are transfers Mary Ellen. They include the sightseeing tour at the end of the cruise en-route to the airport. This is a fabulous option for anyone who wants it but all we want is the transportation only and hopefully a hotel lobby type option where we can use the hotel facilities and wait in the lobby until its time to continue to the airport to catch our flight. I really appreciate you going the extra mile to check this out for me on the HAL site though.

Yes, as I said earlier the tours that drop you off at the airport have different pricing - depending upon if you already have bought the transfers alone. Thus, there are transfers without tours. If the HAL transfers don't include a stop at a hotel (and I have not heard good things about being stuck at a hotel with 100s of your fellow passengers also waiting for late flights) I'd be looking at buying day passes for the private lounge of my airline if we didn't already have access.

Me? I'd make my own arrangements. You can book day rooms at hotels. I know there are hotels in BA that do so, because I looked into them last year.

Archived