Barbados overnight

cheekyscouse

Hi all

Got an overnight stay on board at Barbados, just wondering any local bars around the port to maybe have a couple drinks and is it safe?:rolleyes:

We've always walked into Bridgetown with no problems at all.Takes about 20 mins or so.

I personally wouldn't, we were there in March for the day mid cruise, we met some friends who were staying in Barbados, went to a beach club for the day and got a bus back to the town and thought we would walk back to the ship, got a little bit lost, think we went round in circles, we could see the ship, people kept giving us wrong directions after about 3/4 of an hour the sun went down and we felt a little uncomfortable a nice taxi driver stopped and suggested we got in he said it was about 20 minute walk.

It took us nearly 10 minutes in the taxi!!! So I would not wander around in Barbados after late afternoon, my view is better save than sorry.

What really got me was that everyone one we asked for directions were very unclear - you would have thought that they would know the way to the port!!

I was actually meaning in the evening probably after dinner , was thinking of heading into town for a couple of drinks but not sure how advisable this was

In that case I stand by my original reply and The Waterfront. A taxi from the port will take you to and collect you from the door. They know safety is an issue and would not take you anywhere inappropriate.

We did this once to meet friends who were staying on the island and I would do the same again. Otherwise I would stay on the ship, The Waterfront is 'local life' to a degree but it is not as if you can have a wander.

Earlier this year we overnighted in Barbados, having spent the day on the beach we went back to the ship to freshen up and then went out for a walk late afternoon/early evening. We headed down back streets and once the sun started to set we began to feel a bit uneasy, particularly as we seemed to be the only white people around. We felt very conspicious. Made our way back to the main streets, grabbed a taxi and went back to the ship. Don't think we would venture off during the evening unless in a taxi, certainly would not go walking around.

I've booked a taxi to go to Oistins Fish Fry as there gave been a number of reviews in papers recently saying one of best things to do in Barbados. We are there on a Friday night so perfect. Look it up, sounds great, also recommended by the captains of the catamaran we go on! :):)

Hi all

Got an overnight stay on board at Barbados, just wondering any local bars around the port to maybe have a couple drinks and is it safe?:rolleyes:

Your a scouser and your asking if it's safe in Barbados ,shouldn't be anymore dangerous than walking down anfeild rd at 12 o clock at night.

I'm also from Liverpool and will on this very cruise just look out for a 6-1 scouser built like a brick outhouse, i'll hold your hand you buy the ale. :D

I've booked a taxi to go to Oistins Fish Fry as there gave been a number of reviews in papers recently saying one of best things to do in Barbados. We are there on a Friday night so perfect. Look it up, sounds great, also recommended by the captains of the catamaran we go on! :):)

We were on a cruise/stay trip last year and went to Oistins twice and can thoroughly recommend it.

As well as the amazing food there are live bands and stalls: look out for the locals playing dominoes, towards the opposite end of the site from the stage.A good way of getting around is on the the "ZRs", which are licensed shared mini buses which run up and down the coast and charge a standard fare of $2 (local). You can recognise them by their number plates (ZR) and they'll stop if you flag them down.

Archived