Boarding order question - FTTF vs. Suite Passengers

1313steve

While I agree that we are all adults and should remain respectable, I agree that the tone of your post is somewhat laced with superiority and pretentiousness.

To me, each person spends money to go on vacation. You've spent thousands of dollars to reach Diamond so how does that make anyone better than someone who buys each time?

Carnival only releases 15-20 FTTF tickets per cruise ship depending upon the itinerary and ship. THEN closer to the sail date they review the number of vacant staterooms and the number of already booked D/P club members and may release more FTTF at that time.

Bottom line - it matters not how the person gets the priority. FTTF is simply buying a vacant spot that a D/P club member didn't book. Its not extra people or an effort to devalue your loyalty.

They didn't spend thousands of dollars to reach Diamond, they spent $$$ to have cruise vacations. We are Platinum, but cruise because we like to cruise, and we cruise CCL because we like their cruise experience, not because of "perks.":D Did we earn Platinum, no, CCL gave it to us because of the # of cruises we sailed with them.

Jimbo, we have sailed from Miami 3 times and Port Canaveral too many to remember, but have never seen any sandwiches, and cookies only 2 times.

Sandwiches I would agree on. Cookies on our last 4 (Miami, San Juan, Tampa and New York).

Jimbo, we have sailed from Miami 3 times and Port Canaveral too many to remember, but have never seen any sandwiches, and cookies only 2 times.

The others do tend to blend together. I always remember cold water and lemonaid.

I was looking for an active FTTF the thread so I could get my questions answered. We have FTTF for our upcoming cruise, and had a few questions.

1. On our cruise documents it says arrive between 1 and 3. When should we arrive if we have FTTF? Should we arrive to the port between 10 and 11?

2. I know all of our luggage says that we have FTTF, but what about our boarding pass? I didn't see anywhere on there that states that? How do they know where to send us after checking in?

Thanks for any insight that can be given! 8 days for us! :)

I was looking for an active FTTF the thread so I could get my questions answered. We have FTTF for our upcoming cruise, and had a few questions.

1. On our cruise documents it says arrive between 1 and 3. When should we arrive if we have FTTF? Should we arrive to the port between 10 and 11?

2. I know all of our luggage says that we have FTTF, but what about our boarding pass? I didn't see anywhere on there that states that? How do they know where to send us after checking in?

Thanks for any insight that can be given! 8 days for us! :)

Had FTTF for 5 cabins on a family reunion cruise last August. We sailed the Victory out of Miami and reached the ship by 11:30am. We were led straight through to get our S&S cards and immediately boarded the ship. We never set foot in a VIP lounge or holding area :)

You should see the FTTF logo on your boarding pass. You can also check on the excursion page to add the other passengers in your cabin onto your FTTF so that it shows up on their boarding passes also..

Hope that helps!! :D

While I agree that we are all adults and should remain respectable, I agree that the tone of your post is somewhat laced with superiority and pretentiousness.

To me, each person spends money to go on vacation. You've spent thousands of dollars to reach Diamond so how does that make anyone better than someone who buys each time?

Carnival only releases 15-20 FTTF tickets per cruise ship depending upon the itinerary and ship. THEN closer to the sail date they review the number of vacant staterooms and the number of already booked D/P club members and may release more FTTF at that time.

Bottom line - it matters not how the person gets the priority. FTTF is simply buying a vacant spot that a D/P club member didn't book. Its not extra people or an effort to devalue your loyalty.

Well said!! I'm still trying to understand why many feel so badly about FTTF. On average, ships are boarding between 2,000 - 4,000 passengers at a time. Does it make that much of a difference if you are nbr 9 or 99, considering there are still thousands behind you. :rolleyes:

Had FTTF for 5 cabins on a family reunion cruise last August. We sailed the Victory out of Miami and reached the ship by 11:30am. We were led straight through to get our S&S cards and immediately boarded the ship. We never set foot in a VIP lounge or holding area :)

You should see the FTTF logo on your boarding pass. You can also check on the excursion page to add the other passengers in your cabin onto your FTTF so that it shows up on their boarding passes also..

Hope that helps!! :D

I don't see how to add the FTTF to the other passengers? Where do I do that at?

I don't see how to add the FTTF to the other passengers? Where do I do that at?

Just print out an all in one boarding pass, everyone in your cabin will be listed on there, I'm assuming everyone is boarding together?

We're on the Glory in about a week and I was curious to the boarding order. We're in an ocean suite, which I know gives us "priority" boarding, but how does that compare to the boarding order for FTTF passengers and Platinum passengers, etc. Also, are suites typically ready for occupancy as soon as we would board?

Since we're driving to the port, we're able to pack a little different than if we were flying in, so we'll probably carry on a garment bag or two rather then throw stuff in the suitcase where it's more likely to get wrinkled. But the last thing I want to do is drag around garment bags or other carry ons while we are onboard but waiting for our cabin to be ready.

There is no FTTF on Glory once she arrives in Norfolk so the rooms won't be ready upon boarding. That is only on ships with FTTF. I sailed Glory in May and am going again Oct 20.

However, like you said, there won't be any passengers when she arrives here, so I'm betting that your room will be ready as soon as you get on.

I just wanted to say that there is no FTTF on Glory from Norfolk, so the passengers after your cruise shouldn't expect heir rooms to be ready upon arrival if they are Platinum or Diamond.

Take good care of her for me. I can't wait!!!

I can think of many reasons a person may want to change cruise lines, but this i definitely not 1 of those. Please define "better cruise line."

As we book suites, a cruise line like Princess which has many perks, including free internet as a suite perk. Also, to those of us who have been loyal to Carnival it diminishes the perks we receive for loyalty.

Yes, we are all boarding together. Does it matter my niece is in our room, and her parents in another? Do I just have her birth certificate with me or them? (I realize this deviates away from a FTTF question..Lol)!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Sorry but if the FTTF people get on the ship before I do as a platinum cruiser, who always books a suite, it is definitely time to start cruising a better cruise line!!!

We had no expectation that we would board the ship before platinum. We had no expectation at all. We just wanted to unload the luggage asap. We were toting a case of water.

We will be Carnival platinum on the next cruise (11/9). We cruise a great deal and are not really loyal to one line. We pick cruises based on timing, ports and debarkation locations. If we can avoid a plane, we do. We book suites based on space and a dressing room because we travel often with our daughter. Timing is the big one. We are far from retirement and have schedules that keep us hoping.

I don't think we've ever really considered that we were entitled to board earlier than others based on booking a suite or how many cruises we have taken. It just does not seem to matter.

Archived