Amenities changed for Nellie's Beach Cabanas Labadee

linwey

I'm confused, when I called RCCL to book a cabana for our cruise on the Allure in November I was told that I had to wait until I was on board to try and get one. They would not do it on the phone prior to sailing and yet here I see all of you with bookings ahead of time. Does anyone have an idea what is going on?

I'm confused, when I called RCCL to book a cabana for our cruise on the Allure in November I was told that I had to wait until I was on board to try and get one. They would not do it on the phone prior to sailing and yet here I see all of you with bookings ahead of time. Does anyone have an idea what is going on?

You can book them on the excursion page. They sell out months in advance. If they sell they will tell you to check when you get on board. There may be some that open up because of people cancelling. Our cruise last March we booked the cabana in May and for Feb this year we also booked it in May.

I would guess that all of the cabanas are reserved already. The Cabanas on Nellie's Beach are listed in the Shore Excursion portion of your booking. If they are not listed, that means they are already booked up. The Cabanas on Barefoot Beach are for Suite guests and they are booked onboard, as I understand. With this change in giving Nellie's Beach Cabanas the upgraded lunch, there may be cancellations on the cabanas on Nellie's. Keep checking your booking.

We also booked a Nellie's Beach cabana at the beginning of this year for our upcoming December cruise. The upgraded buffet was a huge selling point for us at the time. I have also emailed RC in the hopes that they are swamped with unhappy customers who just want to receive what we paid for. I hope someone receives a reply soon and posts.

We also booked a Nellie's Beach cabana at the beginning of this year for our upcoming December cruise. The upgraded buffet was a huge selling point for us at the time. I have also emailed RC in the hopes that they are swamped with unhappy customers who just want to receive what we paid for. I hope someone receives a reply soon and posts.

Well, they said within 3 business days and most of us emailed over the weekend so it's been 2 business days so far. DH and I will probably cancel our cabana and just enjoy parts of Labadee we've never seen before.

UPDATE: Got a Response...

From a very reliable source, won't go into specifics other than I was put into contact with manager level people at RCI when I was arranging for my visit to the RCI school in Labadee:

They have removed the access for Barefoot Beach Lunch buffet from the Nellie's Cabanas guests. Actually, Nellie's cabanas should have never had access in the first place. The upgraded lunch buffet was meant for Suite Guests only, not for cabana guests. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience. The water bottles are still offered.

Looks like we are out of luck, unless we can sway the corporate decision makers.

UPDATE: Got a Response...

From a very reliable source, won't go into specifics other than I was put into contact with manager level people at RCI when I was arranging for my visit to the RCI school in Labadee:

They have removed the access for Barefoot Beach Lunch buffet from the Nellie's Cabanas guests. Actually, Nellie's cabanas should have never had access in the first place. The upgraded lunch buffet was meant for Suite Guests only, not for cabana guests. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience. The water bottles are still offered.

Looks like we are out of luck, unless we can sway the corporate decision makers.

Toddcan, I know you are just quoting what was told you, so this is not directed at you, but I'm not buying the comment about shouldn't have been offered anyway ( that is such a cop out phrase to me!) - that was the program, right or wrong, and made sense because they were priced the same as BB cabanas. But to charge the same and offer less??

Toddcan, I know you are just quoting what was told you, so this is not directed at you, but I'm not buying the comment about shouldn't have been offered anyway ( that is such a cop out phrase to me!) - that was the program, right or wrong, and made sense because they were priced the same as BB cabanas. But to charge the same and offer less??

I could not agree more. What I find funny is If that was the truth than why did it take a few years to correct it. They also handed out wrist bands for you to get access to BB for the BBQ. Why would they do this if it was not included?

I could not agree more. What I find funny is If that was the truth than why did it take a few years to correct it. They also handed out wrist bands for you to get access to BB for the BBQ. Why would they do this if it was not included?

I agree 100% with both of you!

I replied to her, telling her that it didn't look like a "mistake". I mentioned that we were actually driven by cart right into the buffet area by golf cart. I told her that the description of the excursion was very specific that it included an upgraded buffet.

Not sure if will reply to this.

I am still working on another donation run to the school in March 2014, so I am not about to burn any bridges with my contacts. She would only be towing the corporate line, anyways.

I'll update if I get anything more. But I still have not heard from Shorex yet.

One more thing.. corrct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the wrist band signify a cabana renter too? Not just access to the barefoot area?

One more thing.. corrct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the wrist band signify a cabana renter too? Not just access to the barefoot area?

I was told that they are needed for the buffet. Here is a copy of what I purchased if anyone wanted to have it.

ZL88 Beach Cabana - Over the Water at Nellie's Beach

PRICES: Adult 250.00/Child 250.00 USD

DURATION: At Your Leisure

RESTRICTIONS: N/A

DEPARTURE TIMES: 10:00 am

Overview:

Enjoy the beach on Labadee in style in a beach cabana nestled on the hillside of Nellie’

s Beach with private water access.

Highlights:

- Cabana rental for the full day

- Furnished with luxury resort style lounge chairs and ceiling fan

- Rental includes 2 floating beach mats, lunch buffet, and the use of beach towels

- Personal cabana attendant service

Full Description:

The upscale sea view cabanas nestled on the hillside of Nellie’

s beach with water access are a great place to relax and enjoy the

seclusion, while remaining among the action of Nellie’

s Beach.

The cabanas are furnished with luxury resort style lounge chairs and a ceiling fan. Rental of a cabana will include 2 floating beach

mats, upgraded lunch buffet, towels, and the great service of a personal cabana attendant.

What to Bring:

- You should always take your SeaPass card (provided onboard the ship)

- Sun protection and sunglasses

- Camera

What to Wear:

- Wear your bathing suit

Important Notes:

- Pricing is per cabana, not per person. One person in the party should reserve the cabana.

- Individual cabanas will be assigned once on Labadee

- Each Cabana is equipped with two lounge chairs and will accommodate the maximum of 6 guests.

- To access the cabana, you will have to cross approximately 20 yards of sand and uneven pathway. Guests with limited mobility

will not be able to access the water from the cabana.

I was told that they are needed for the buffet. Here is a copy of what I purchased if anyone wanted to have it.

ZL88 Beach Cabana - Over the Water at Nellie's Beach

PRICES: Adult 250.00/Child 250.00 USD

DURATION: At Your Leisure

RESTRICTIONS: N/A

DEPARTURE TIMES: 10:00 am

Overview:

Enjoy the beach on Labadee in style in a beach cabana nestled on the hillside of Nellie’

s Beach with private water access.

Highlights:

- Cabana rental for the full day

- Furnished with luxury resort style lounge chairs and ceiling fan

- Rental includes 2 floating beach mats, lunch buffet, and the use of beach towels

- Personal cabana attendant service

Full Description:

The upscale sea view cabanas nestled on the hillside of Nellie’

s beach with water access are a great place to relax and enjoy the

seclusion, while remaining among the action of Nellie’

s Beach.

The cabanas are furnished with luxury resort style lounge chairs and a ceiling fan. Rental of a cabana will include 2 floating beach

mats, upgraded lunch buffet, towels, and the great service of a personal cabana attendant.

What to Bring:

- You should always take your SeaPass card (provided onboard the ship)

- Sun protection and sunglasses

- Camera

What to Wear:

- Wear your bathing suit

Important Notes:

- Pricing is per cabana, not per person. One person in the party should reserve the cabana.

- Individual cabanas will be assigned once on Labadee

- Each Cabana is equipped with two lounge chairs and will accommodate the maximum of 6 guests.

- To access the cabana, you will have to cross approximately 20 yards of sand and uneven pathway. Guests with limited mobility

will not be able to access the water from the cabana.

Thanks for the description of how it 'used to be.'

Last year (January 2013) they also included snorkeling equipment. It doesn't look like that is provided any longer either. Our attendent supplied four sets for our two cabanas. :(

Still waiting to hear the official word but it's looking more and more like I'll be cancelling two cabanas for next January.

I am sending this response as a follow-up to your recent correspondence to our executive offices and regret I was unable to reach you via telephone earlier as planned.

We appreciate your comments regarding the amenities associated with the cabana rentals in Labadee and regret the displeasure conveyed.

Please understand the upgraded barbeque buffet, offered on Barefoot Beach, one of Labadee’s beaches exclusively reserved to suite guests, was also made available to cabana guests from other Labadee beaches, and generated unexpected crowding as a result. In order to maintain a premium beach experience, Royal Caribbean will start enforcing the exclusive access of Barefoot Beach to top suite guests only.

Please note that guests who have purchased a private cabana on Nellie’s Beach will still have exclusive use of their cabana for the day. Other cabana amenities include a built-in ceiling fan, luxury resort-style lounge chairs, two floating mats, beach towels, a water cooler with six bottles of water and a personal cabana attendant. Guests in these cabanas are invited to join the beach barbeque buffet at Columbus Cove Café, Dragon’s Café and Café Labadee. Guests who have already purchased private cabanas at Nellie’s Beach prior to October 4, 2013 will still be able to access Barefoot Beach’s upgraded beach barbeque buffet.

We truly hope our guests will enjoy a memorable day during their call at Labadee, one of Royal Caribbean’s highest-rated Caribbean destinations and private beach paradise located on the northern coast of Haiti. The destination features five beaches, a Haitian artisan market, an extensive array of watersports options, as well as exciting attractions such as the 2,600-foot Dragon’s Breath Flight Line, the world’s longest zip line over water, the 300-foot Dragon’s Splash Waterslide, and the Dragon’s Tail Alpine Coaster.

I am sending this response as a follow-up to your recent correspondence to our executive offices and regret I was unable to reach you via telephone earlier as planned.

We appreciate your comments regarding the amenities associated with the cabana rentals in Labadee and regret the displeasure conveyed.

Please understand the upgraded barbeque buffet, offered on Barefoot Beach, one of Labadee’s beaches exclusively reserved to suite guests, was also made available to cabana guests from other Labadee beaches, and generated unexpected crowding as a result. In order to maintain a premium beach experience, Royal Caribbean will start enforcing the exclusive access of Barefoot Beach to top suite guests only.

Please note that guests who have purchased a private cabana on Nellie’s Beach will still have exclusive use of their cabana for the day. Other cabana amenities include a built-in ceiling fan, luxury resort-style lounge chairs, two floating mats, beach towels, a water cooler with six bottles of water and a personal cabana attendant. Guests in these cabanas are invited to join the beach barbeque buffet at Columbus Cove Café, Dragon’s Café and Café Labadee. Guests who have already purchased private cabanas at Nellie’s Beach prior to October 4, 2013 will still be able to access Barefoot Beach’s upgraded beach barbeque buffet.

We truly hope our guests will enjoy a memorable day during their call at Labadee, one of Royal Caribbean’s highest-rated Caribbean destinations and private beach paradise located on the northern coast of Haiti. The destination features five beaches, a Haitian artisan market, an extensive array of watersports options, as well as exciting attractions such as the 2,600-foot Dragon’s Breath Flight Line, the world’s longest zip line over water, the 300-foot Dragon’s Splash Waterslide, and the Dragon’s Tail Alpine Coaster.

Why do I not believe it? (bolded part about already purchased) It's too easy it promise it now, but not once we get there if it's not a listed amenity anymore. Especially since we have two different answers.

Edited by BND

I paid July 25, 2013 for an Over the Water cabana at Nellie's Beach (non suite) for March 12, 2015.

I am wondering, if I will now have to bring my Pre Cruise Planner Confirmation email with a copy of this post with me, when I get to Labadee to have the upgraded buffet? I am sure the check in attendant won't know what I am talking about.

Edited by phabric

I paid July 25, 2013 for an Over the Water cabana at Nellie's Beach (non suite) for March 12, 2015.

I am wondering, if I will now have to bring my Pre Cruise Planner Confirmation email with a copy of this post with me, when I get to Labadee to have the upgraded buffet? I am sure the check in attendant won't know what I am talking about.

I have the same problem. Purchased 10/2 for an April 4, 2014 sailing. This issue will probably be long forgotten by then.

That's exactly my concern. Do we really think that RCCL will tell the attendants at Labadee about this? Heck, they can't even train the people who work in their offices on current procedures. :confused:

We have two for January 2014. Undecided on what to do.....

we purchased a Cabana on Nellies about 3 months ago for our upcoming trip on the Allure. I agree with the other posters - there is no way on earth the attendants are going to be able to distinguish those who purchased before or after October 3. We have decided to cancel - this whole discussion has made us re-think the value.

We were spoiled on Coco Cay - the last time we were there on the Majesty, the Cabana rental included a cooler with water, fruit and a bottle of sparkling wine in addition to the upgraded and more private buffet. Much better value compared to what they are offering now, plus the Cabana area on Coco Cay was much more secluded and private than Nellie's beach, although it did not have direct access to the water.

I had a nice phone call today in response to our problem. While I am still concerned about them honoring their word, I am hoping they stay true to their word. I do have the name and phone number to the executive that called me today and was told to reference them in any dealings I have in the future concerning this matter. I told them I would not post their contact info publicly.(they did not ask). They did say that staff can look at our reservations and see when the cabana was purchased to confirm.

They assured me that this was an executive decision and will be upheld. Here is the e-mail I received.

Bold type notes the fact that any cabanas booked/paid before Oct. 4th 2013 will be allowed the upgraded buffet. If booked/paid after Oct. 4th they will only receive what is in the "new" description.

Dear Mr. Brandon:

Thank you for contacting the executive offices of Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd. Your correspondence to Mr. Goldstein was forwarded to my attention upon review, and I welcomed the opportunity to respond on his behalf. It was a pleasure speaking with you earlier.

As discussed, the upgraded barbeque buffet, offered on Barefoot Beach, one of Labadee’s beaches exclusively reserved to suite guests, was also made available to cabana guests from other Labadee beaches, and generated unexpected crowding as a result. In order to maintain a premium beach experience, Royal Caribbean will start enforcing the exclusive access of Barefoot Beach to top suite guests only.

Mr. Brandon, thank you again for reaching out to us. We greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you and your family onboard the Allure of the Seas in May.

Edited by Brandonclan

I had a nice phone call today in response to our problem. While I am still concerned about them honoring their word, I am hoping they stay true to their word. I do have the name and phone number to the executive that called me today and was told to reference them in any dealings I have in the future concerning this matter. I told them I would not post their contact info publicly.(they did not ask). They did say that staff can look at our reservations and see when the cabana was purchased to confirm.

They assured me that this was an executive decision and will be upheld. Here is the e-mail I received.

Bold type notes the fact that any cabanas booked/paid before Oct. 4th 2013 will be allowed the upgraded buffet. If booked/paid after Oct. 4th they will only receive what is in the "new" description.

Dear Mr. Brandon:

Thank you for contacting the executive offices of Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd. Your correspondence to Mr. Goldstein was forwarded to my attention upon review, and I welcomed the opportunity to respond on his behalf. It was a pleasure speaking with you earlier.

As discussed, the upgraded barbeque buffet, offered on Barefoot Beach, one of Labadee’s beaches exclusively reserved to suite guests, was also made available to cabana guests from other Labadee beaches, and generated unexpected crowding as a result. In order to maintain a premium beach experience, Royal Caribbean will start enforcing the exclusive access of Barefoot Beach to top suite guests only.

Mr. Brandon, thank you again for reaching out to us. We greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you and your family onboard the Allure of the Seas in May.

Thanks for sharing this. I think a safe thing to do is to also have a copy of your email confirmation showing when the reservation was made.

I agree.

As I mentionned here and on another thread, we had a cabana a year ago,

and when we went for lunch at 1:00 PM, we had NO over-crowding.

There was only one other table occupied, and yet, when we explored the area

every cabana was occupied. :cool:

And I too question how the folks at Labadee will know we purchased it before.

And even if we show them the email, will they care?

Not sure. And I'm on vacation. Arguing with personnel on the island is NOT something I want to do on my vacation.

Thanks for sharing this. I think a safe thing to do is to also have a copy of your email confirmation showing when the reservation was made.

Your welcome.

Only trying to figure it out like the rest of you folks.

I am definately taking all info I have on this matter with me on our cruise.

I will be one of the first people off the ship to try and get what I want.

I am hoping, those that cruise before me will come back and tell us thier experience on Labadee.

BTW I used this e-mail to get my response.

Agoldstein@rccl.com

No one from shorex@RCCL.com has ever responded to my e-mails.

As I posted on the other thread. How are they going to separate out those that booked before or after Oct 4 and who gets to explain/deal with those that booked after and realize they're not getting what others are? It won't work. It has to be none or all.