What's the least amount of shoes you have brought on a cruise?

I haven't worn heels since I was stepped on (on a cruise) & had my foot crushed (yep, crushed). I wear my heaviest shoes (Keen water shoes) on plane. Take one pair of sparkly flats, one pair of Sanuk sandals (no matter how badly my foot swells they'll fit), and occasionally sneakers. If we drive I wear my sneakers & pack my Keens

Two pair - the pair of sandals I boarded in, and a pair of flats for more dressier occasions. The most was four - I added a pair of heels (didn't wear them because it was too difficult with the motion of the boat) and a pair of runners (used in port/on land).

Least -- two pair:

- One pair of simple, multi-purpose sandals that could match shorts, a casual dress, or a swimsuit

- One pair of simple dressy sandals to match all dinner outfits

Typical -- four pair:

- Two pair of multi-purpose sandals

- One pair of simple, dressy sandals

- One pair of water shoes

Least, probably 7 pair. Most, 9. We're going to Bermuda in 2 weeks on a 7 night cruise and I'm only taking 5-6 probably which is the least ever. I wear my running shoes (who am I kidding, I don't run) because they weigh the most. We're not taking our swim shoes since Bermuda beaches aren't rocky like most in the Caribbean so that's one pair down. I'm taking one pair wedges, two pairs of flat sandals (one for dresses, one more casual) running shoes, flip flops, and maybe one other pair (Keens maybe).

I own at least 80 pairs of shoes so I do love them. I don't usually take heels and rarely wear them anymore. I fell a few months ago at work walking in the parking lot after stepping on a rock, twisting my ankle because of a heel and falling forward. I ended up with 4 stitches (sunglasses cut above my eyebrow). Forward momentum sucks. Ships move too much and I'm always amazed to see women wearing high heels/platforms on a cruise with the motion of the ship. It's not the smartest thing to do especially when the Captain announces that women probably should wear flats, but some insist on heels.

Edited by BND

Even though I have LOTS of shoes I only take 4 pair when we go on a 7 nite Caribbean cruise. I wear Bass white sandals and take flip flops for pool and wear in room as slippers, metalic sandals-for dressier footwear and a pair or Born sandals. Since X got more casual I haven't taken heels. On our TA on Cunard I did take black heels, and 2 pair of flats and sneakers in place of the sandals since we also stayed in London